Video Games Are For Kids? Really? Only Men Play Them..Really?

Options
Ree4er Madness
Ree4er Madness Members Posts: 107 ✭✭
edited September 2013 in IllGaming
I get tired of hearing women say this...To me, they're just misinformed...The average game of today is way too technologically advanced for young children to play...they can play some of them, but they'll get frustrated at the difficulty...I don't see a problem with it as long as a person is still taking care of the other areas of their lives...Video Games take me away from reality...

Industry Facts
http://www.theesa.com/facts/index.asp

America's entertainment software industry creates a wide array of computer and video games to meet the demands and tastes of audiences as diverse as our nation's population. Today's gamers include millions of Americans of all ages and backgrounds. In fact, more than two-thirds of all American households play games. This vast audience is fueling the growth of this multi-billion dollar industry and bringing jobs to communities across the nation. Below is a list of the top 10 entertainment software industry facts:

1. U.S. computer and video game software sales generated $10.5 billion in 2009.
2. Sixty-seven percent of American households play computer or video games.
3. The average game player is 34 years old and has been playing games for 12 years.
4. The average age of the most frequent game purchaser is 40 years old.
5. Forty percent of all game players are women. In fact, women over the age of 18 represent a significantly greater portion of the game-playing population (33 percent) than boys age 17 or younger (20 percent).
6. In 2010, 26 percent of Americans over the age of 50 play video games, an increase from nine percent in 1999.
7. Forty-two percent of heads of households play games on a wireless device, such as a cell phone or PDA, up from 20 percent in 2002.
8. Eighty-two percent of all games sold in 2009 were rated "E" for Everyone, "T" for Teen, or "E10+" for Everyone 10+. For more information on game ratings, please see www.esrb.org.
9. Parents who have children under 18 with a gaming console in the home are present when games are purchased or rented 93 percent of the time.
10. Sixty-four percent of parents believe games are a positive part of their children’s lives.

Comments

• Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    yeah I was gonna say most of these videos games aren't geared towards children anymore

of course they have specific ones but for the most part alot of the best selling games are for adults................exept for Mario Bros of course

everybody loves Mario Bros
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    as long as gears of war is still being made, ? gonna catch that marcus fenix ass whoopin

Cosign can't wait for GOW 3
  • Havelx
    Havelx Members Posts: 373
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • KingJamal
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Actually I think its sexy when a fine girl jumps on the couch and says "I'll whoop yo ass in this game" and we get to playing lol
  • Bwoahmizzee
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I remember when my old girl learned how to play Madden and asked me if I wanted to play her I was like whaaaaaaaaaat

she wasn't any good but just the fact that she wanted to play made it fun
  • Ree4er Madness
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think a lot of women would like to learn how to play, but they're scared that we dont' wanna show them or we don't want them playing with us at all...Actually, its pretty much the opposite....Even my mom wants a WII now...I was thinking about getting her one for Mother's Day and starting her out with Wii Fit.
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I haven't been into video games since I was 12/13. I sold my N64 in the 10th or 1th grade. I wouldn't mind trying some of the news systems if I had the money but I'd rather read.

http://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/2000/04/video-games.aspx

Violent video games can be a bad influence on children.
  • KingJamal
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »
    I haven't been into video games since I was 12/13. I sold my N64 in the 10th or 1th grade. I wouldn't mind trying some of the news systems if I had the money but I'd rather read.

4978-26917.gif

U know u done ? up right?
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    this ? done wrote a book report on video games. look. ? what a ? thinks...as long as u handling your business.
    Now..i used to be on video games hard when i was younger..stopped ? with them in college and got more social..? ...etc..now i barely play the ? and i got both systems...most games now are geared towards the older crowd.

? like Nintendo wii n ? are for kids.
  • Prim-O Cla$$ic
    Prim-O Cla$$ic Members Posts: 2,409
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I stopped messing with video games in jr. high....but I will play NBA2K and destroy ? .
  • Havelx
    Havelx Members Posts: 373
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »

? please....
  • KingJamal
    edited April 2011
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    i love video games, but it's mostly girly/cutsy games. i don't like first-person shooters like COD or sports games, but i LOVE anything mario and would die for zelda, speaking of which, i don't know how much longer i can wait for Skyward Sword to come out, i'm so praying it's out by the end of the year. i can't wait til 2012. words can not describe how excited i am for skyward sword, my heart gets happy just thinking about it.

The last Zelda game I owned was Ocarina of Time. Still have memories of that.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i swear when i get a new zelda game, don't even talk to me for the next 2 months. OoT was amazing of course, but majora's mask is my fav. twilight princess was fun too. and i have all the gameboy and nintendo ds one, out of those, Minish Cap and Four Swords were my fav on game boy and Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were my fav on NDS. i'm really a total zelda fanatic

Majora's was wack. Wind waker would have been better if not from all the damn sailing.
  • The Prodigalson
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Twilight princess was ok too.
  • The Prodigalson
    edited April 2011
    Options
    And Gears of War was GOW before ? of War was.
  • KingJamal
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i swear when i get a new zelda game, don't even talk to me for the next 2 months. OoT was amazing of course, but majora's mask is my fav. twilight princess was fun too. and i have all the gameboy and nintendo ds one, out of those, Minish Cap and Four Swords were my fav on game boy and Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were my fav on NDS. i'm really a total zelda fanatic

Damn I guess u are a zelda fanatic lol
  • KingJamal
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ff7_1236122248.jpg

One of my favorite games of ALL TIME
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    And Gears of War was GOW before ? of War was.

rofl no it wasnt
  • Bwoahmizzee
    edited April 2011
    Options
    timid88 wrote: »
    I think a lot of women would like to learn how to play, but they're scared that we dont' wanna show them or we don't want them playing with us at all...Actually, its pretty much the opposite....Even my mom wants a WII now...I was thinking about getting her one for Mother's Day and starting her out with Wii Fit.

yeah females will play the ? outta the Wii

sidenote:

I'm a beast on the Michael Jackson joint
  • Bwoahmizzee
    edited April 2011
    Options

* high five*

Zelda is da ?
  • KingJamal
    edited April 2011
    Options
    [IMG]http://www.playerschoicevideogames.com/? _images_blowup/Super_Smash_Brothers.jpg[/IMG]

Ya'll remember this lol
  • Bwoahmizzee
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ? ? of war

blashpemy
  • Ree4er Madness
    edited April 2011
    Options
    this ? done wrote a book report on video games. look. ? what a ? thinks...as long as u handling your business.
    Now..i used to be on video games hard when i was younger..stopped ? with them in college and got more social..? ...etc..now i barely play the ? and i got both systems...most games now are geared towards the older crowd.

? like Nintendo wii n ? are for kids.

Umm...the only part of that, that I typed out is the first part...everything after the link I posted was copied and pasted...
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Any ? giving you ? for playing video games, just ask her the following questions...

1. Do I pay my bills??
    2. Am I able to maintain a job??
    3. Am I the one who goes out and buy the video game??
    4. After buying a video game, am I still left with money to do something with yo ass??

If she answers yes to all 4 questions asked, then your follwing response should simply be shut the ? up then, I'm a grown ass man.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Lol at referring to gears of war 3 asGOW3

there's only 1 GOW3 and that's ? Of War 3

this man knows

? of war deserves its own lane