Phil Jackson is top 5 but not the goat and it is showing why he is not right now

Options
The Entrepreneur
The Entrepreneur Members Posts: 689
edited May 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
When Phil has the most talent he wins 99% of the time (except the Pistons) but my problem with Phil is that he is stuck in his ways. He does not know how to adjust mid game or even mid series. Phil is really the biggest reason the Lakers are having trouble with the Hornets. He refuses to change his stance on switching picks and it is killing the team. He was crying talking about how they are getting killed on the boards but you have Pau and Andrew on the 3 point line out of position trying to guard CP3. You also have wasted Kobe's energy by putting him on CP3 when he is not able to do anything with CP3 anyway. CP3 is controlling the tempo by shooting it with 5 seconds or less on the shot clock and that is cool cause he can go one on one whenever he chooses just dribbling around wasting time.

Bottom Line : Can somebody please explain to me how the Hornets would score any points on the Lakers if they ran zone ? Who is beating them on the perimeter ??? Also nobody holds the ball against zones it would force the hornets to pick up there tempo and the Laker bigs would be in rebounding position. Kobe would not have to chase CP3 around wasting energy, I mean if they were in a zone I see a sweep. I still think the Lakers will win the series but Kobe is already wasted alot of energy and it is just the first round and all of this is because Phil refuses to adjust.

Comments

• sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lmao holla at me when the Hornets actually WIN the series... because thats all that matters in the end
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'll say it again, Phil has not coached an actual game since 2006. Kobe and fisher are the coaches. Phil just sits there and occasionally sleeps in his seat now. When was the last time you saw Phil make an actual adjustment? Especially in a playoff series. The lakers win and lose the exact same way in a series, they do not adjust strategy, especially during the game itself.

Popabitch
    Riley
    Larry Brown
    Sloan
    Possibly Doc Rivers

All have been better coaches for years now.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    you closed your own thread in the 1st sentence. 99% of the time. 11 time champion. hope you don't really think the Hornets are going to win this series? They not even going to win another game. Phil doesn't change his game plan because he doesn't need to. His players are just not executing. Once Paul Gasoft start showing heart, they'll be fine.

This....why the ? would an 11 time champion change the game plan when a series is tied 2-2....
  • ReppinTime
    edited April 2011
    Options
    why would you make an adjustment if you're winning? A good coach molds the leaders of his team to lead on the court and execute. All coaches can't make Kobe Bryant to believe in and follow the triangle offense. Hornets are not going to win this series. They're not even going to win another game.

If it's not broke don't fix it. A good coach doesn't have to call time out every 2 minutes when his team is ? up because he has coached them already prior to the game on how to handle certain situations when they struggle.

Yes. If you arent winning like you should, if holes are being exploited like they are constantly, I would and any good coach would make adjustments. This ? aint start in this series, quick PGs have been killing the lakers for years now. Aaron ? Brooks looked like a superstar in the playoffs and took LA 7games because Phil cant make a ? adjustment to save his life.

Kobe is going to do whatever is necessary to win, this isnt 2000. He doesnt need to be coached like that, the rest of these ? do. It is broke because we lose when we shouldn't, we have longer series than we should, we've been pushing it and a lot of it has been luck that it hasnt cost us a ring since 08.
  • The Entrepreneur
    edited April 2011
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    This....why the ? would an 11 time champion change the game plan when a series is tied 2-2....

You are looking at the big pic, dude has 11 rings can't deny that but I am talking about this series. Will you answer my question if the Lakers were in Zone how would the hornets score ??? I said I thought they would win but you can not deny that this is taking a toll on Kobe for no reason other than Phil being stubborn
  • The Entrepreneur
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    Yes. If you arent winning like you should, if holes are being exploited like they are constantly, I would and any good coach would make adjustments. This ? aint start in this series, quick PGs have been killing the lakers for years now. Aaron ? Brooks looked like a superstar in the playoffs and took LA 7games because Phil cant make a ? adjustment to save his life.

Kobe is going to do whatever is necessary to win, this isnt 2000. He doesnt need to be coached like that, the rest of these ? do. It is broke because we lose when we shouldn't, we have longer series than we should, we've been pushing it and a lot of it has been luck that it hasnt cost us a ring since 08.

Good Post

You guys are looking at the big pic but if adjustments can be made why not make them
  • rage
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You are looking at the big pic, dude has 11 rings can't deny that but I am talking about this series. Will you answer my question if the Lakers were in Zone how would the hornets score ??? I said I thought they would win but you can not deny that this is taking a toll on Kobe for no reason other than Phil being stubborn

Have they lost the series? Are they down in the series? So every time a team loses two games its time to make adjustments? I think its idiotic to question an 11 time champion when he hasnt lost anything yet...dude has seen the big picture so he knows what brush strokes are needed and what arent needed in order to paint it.
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    phil is a great coach, and i dont really believe that its his fault, why the lakers arent winning..... do to him not making adjustments

to me personally the lakers are loosing because they aren't playing with intensity.....
  • rage
    edited April 2011
    Options

So scoring 0 points in an entire half of basketball is doing whats necessary to win? The lakers didnt lose that game because of Phil, they lost because Kobe didnt show up for half the game....
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    these "adjustments" they need to make... can/should be made by the players on the court. theyve been playing long enough and should be smart enough to know that CP3 vs pau/bynum out on the perimeter = bad. they oughta be past the point of phil having to coach up simple fundamental basketball ? .

why they keep lettin it happen... i dont know
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    having more rings than any coach in ANY sport makes me say he's the GOAT regardless of what happens after this
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    these "adjustments" they need to make... can/should be made by the players on the court. theyve been playing long enough and should be smart enough to know that CP3 vs pau/bynum out on the perimeter = bad. they oughta be past the point of phil having to coach up simple fundamental basketball ? .

why they keep lettin it happen... i dont know

because phil is stubborn
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    sTaY_TrUe wrote: »
    lmao holla at me when the Hornets actually WIN the series... because thats all that matters in the end

• rage
    edited April 2011
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    because phil is stubborn

Winning 11 chips will do that to you.
  • MR.CJ
    edited April 2011
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    Winning 11 chips will do that to you.

yep.............
  • Brova
    Brova Members Posts: 3,171 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Only on the IC ... Only on the IC
  • MR.CJ
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Red Auerbach >>>>>>>>>>>
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    bigrizz wrote: »
    >>>>>>>>>>>Red Auerbach

you aint never lied
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    bigrizz wrote: »
    Red Auerbach >>>>>>>>>>>

11>9

• MR.CJ
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    phil is a great coach, and i dont really believe that its his fault, why the lakers arent winning..... do to him not making adjustments

to me personally the lakers are loosing because they aren't playing with intensity.....

i speak the truth...... lakers stepped there intensity up and won
  • ReppinTime
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Whose job is it to get intensity out of the players
  • Ekscape
    Ekscape Members Posts: 1,842
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Phil Jackson has always cracked me up... Like when someone on the team makes an extremely dumb play when most coaches will be up yelling at their players mad as hell, no Phil though they show him and he's just sitting there with a blank stare, he'll turn to an assistant coach maybe say something to him and then keep chillin'...
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'll say it again, Phil has not coached an actual game since 2006. Kobe and fisher are the coaches. Phil just sits there and occasionally sleeps in his seat now. When was the last time you saw Phil make an actual adjustment? Especially in a playoff series. The lakers win and lose the exact same way in a series, they do not adjust strategy, especially during the game itself.

Popabitch
    Riley
    Larry Brown
    Sloan
    Possibly Doc Rivers

All have been better coaches for years now.

well said....

You are looking at the big pic, dude has 11 rings can't deny that

^^ it so funny how many poster in here do this everytime u mention phil jackson which never is the point some make about him.....smh