Pacers' Granger: Noah pulled cowardly moves

Options
northside7
northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
CHICAGO -- Pacers forward Danny Granger said Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah played "cowardly" at times Tuesday, accusing Noah of cheap-shotting his Indiana teammates.

The Bulls' 116-89 victory eliminated the Pacers in five games and capped off a physical series that saw Pacers forward Josh McRoberts ejected after a skirmish with Noah on Tuesday. Indiana forward Tyler Hansbrough also tangled with the Bulls' center.

"He pulled a cowardly move," Granger said. "He cheap-shotted a couple of my teammates, and one gets thrown out ...

"The refs never catch what he did ... it's cowardly. And I'm going to say something about it. I wanted to say something about it all the way to the game was over. I just don't think the game should be played that way. You can play hard and fight and battle, but when you start cheap-shotting people it gets out of hand."

Granger said he was going to talk to Noah after the game, but Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau intervened.

"It's just heat of the battle stuff," Thibodeau said.

Granger praised the rest of the Bulls and said he hopes they win the NBA title.

Noah returned the praise, even after hearing of Granger's frustration.

"I played ? ? OK. I'm just trying to win basketball games, man," Noah said. "It's the name of the game.

"I'm just out there trying to do what I gotta do. Like I said, I give a lot of credit to their team. They play hard as hell. They were competitive. I don't have anything bad to say about them. Everybody saw what happened out there. Now you want to call me a ? player? I don't think I've ever been a ? player. It is what it is. It's OK."

The Pacers were credited with dictating the series' physical style in the first three games, but Noah seemed to turn up the intensity in Game 5.

McRoberts appeared to catch an elbow to the neck when he and Noah battled near the lane. He then tried to return a shot, for which he was assessed a flagrant 2 foul and ejected. But McRoberts didn't agree with Granger's assertion that the play was ? .

"I'm not mad about it," McRoberts said. "He got a good hit on me. They caught me trying to hit him back.

"It's part of the game. I'm not going to say it's ? . That's Game 5 of a playoff series. You can't say it's ? , it's part of basketball."

Bulls guard Kyle Korver was surprised to hear that a Pacer was crying foul.

"Come on now. All this stuff we've talked about with the Pacers the last few days and how they're [giving] hard fouls," Korver said. "Come on. It's the playoffs, right?

"It's the playoffs. That's what it is. There's going to be hard fouls. There's going to be stuff being said. I think they were mad they were down a little bit, and Jo played with a lot of energy. Jo played great. Jo's one of those guys, when you're not on his team he ? you off. That's just the way it is. He's like Jeff Foster. When he's on your team, you love him. When he's on the other team, you hate him. And that's one of the special things about Jo."

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=6434456

I didn't see the game but this is the playoffs, you have to play with a certain edge and toughness.

If you cant handle the other team playin like that then your just not built for the playoffs..

Comments

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Man granger needs to ponder about getting outplayed by Deng.
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    he salty over the L
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Man granger needs to ponder about getting outplayed by Deng.

I didnt watch every game but Granger only was outplayed one game by Deng..

Deng isnt a scrub he just be lost in the game sometimes
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Granger is overrated... this the same ? talking ? before the series saying he wanted to play the Bulls and that they were a one man team and then you suck in the series damn near got swept. gtfoh...
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Granger is overrated... this the same ? talking ? before the series saying he wanted to play the Bulls and that they were a one man team and then you suck in the series damn near got swept. gtfoh...

and the pacers gave it to them 4 out of the 5 games. its not like the bulls walked over them the bulls could of easily lost the series
  • nujerz84
    edited April 2011
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    and the pacers gave it to them 4 out of the 5 games. its not like the bulls walked over them the bulls could of easily lost the series

His team was garbage all season shouldnt even have been in the playoffs.. U pop ? and you dont back it up then you start ? after a blowout lost that sends your ass home is straight ? to me.
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    His team was garbage all season shouldnt even have been in the playoffs.. U pop ? and you dont back it up then you start ? after a blowout lost that sends your ass home is straight ? to me.

Do you even know wtf you talking about??

The Pacers isnt a top tier team but the fact that they hung with the Bulls let you know they arent completely garbage and deserved to be in the playoffs..

If the ? felt he Noah played ? thats what it is im sure he would have said the same thing if they won the series
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Its the playoffs stop cryin ?
  • nujerz84
    edited April 2011
    Options

The Pacers isnt a top tier team but the fact that they hung with the Bulls let you know they arent completely garbage and deserved to be in the playoffs..

If the ? felt he Noah played ? thats what it is im sure he would have said the same thing if they won the series

Pacers won 37 games this season the worst of any team in the playoffs and one of the worst records to make the playoffs in about a decade.

Fact is Granger popped ? ( imo to me its laughable as hes not even that good) prior to the series saying he wanted to face the Bulls (when they beat u 3 outta 4 times handly and your only regular season win against them was in OT) and that it was a one man team only to really stink it up in the series and not come through in the clucth makes him look like damn idiot.

lets not add the fact that he ? after getting eliminated from the playoffs in a game which the Pacers got destoryed. No one from the Bulls ? bout Foster and the other ? they did.

Bottomline Pacers suck, Granger is overrated and he comes off as a sore loser ? to me.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

stop it . .
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I didnt watch every game but Granger only was outplayed one game by Deng..

Deng isnt a scrub he just be lost in the game sometimes

I know Deng personally i d never call him a scrub. But Deng is a 3rd option averaging 18 while Granger( who was being guarded by Deng averaged 21 as the first option)
  • Seansosa
    Seansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    granger stay complaining.
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Man these ? was.hacking Rose all series hard fouls everywhere. Noah did it the right way get at theses ? why running them out the UC. ? Granger crying. Rose took. A beaten and didnt cry all series.
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ? that ? ass ? ....you don't call out the MVP's team, then cry like a ? when you lose....enjoy your fishing ? ass ? !
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol these ? tried to take out rose but u ? cause some1 played u physical back? lmao foh granger
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ain't this the same ? that pretty much sucked off his competition by comparing them to super heroes

he pullin some chris bosh ?
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    Its the playoffs stop cryin ?

• NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    young chad wrote: »
    ? that ? ass ? ....you don't call out the MVP's team, then cry like a ? when you lose....enjoy your fishing ? ass ? !

Well GOT DAYUM lol
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    He was talking about the play involving Josh McRoberts, where he did cheap shot him, and then Noah threw his hands in the air like he did nothing. Smart move by Noah no question in concerns to getting into their heads, but if Granger feels like it's cowardly and cheap, one can't disagree. And whose fault is it that Rose is driving into the paint and the Pacers are making him earn every point?? They were calling fouls on the Pacers when they played him soft, so why not at least earn the fouls instead of having the refs give them to him??

I don't see the Bulls making the Finals this year.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    ain't this the same ? that pretty much sucked off his competition by comparing them to super heroes

he pullin some chris bosh ?

lmao word..
  • Jay Pee
    Jay Pee Members Posts: 761
    edited April 2011
    Options
    After all the bad/phantom calls the pacers were getting....and what the hell happened with that player jumped on asiks back and nearly choked him the ref was right there and didnt call anything
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Why the ? that ? ain't manifest itself in some ? points? Why wasn't he talking ? before the series ended?
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    jay ? wrote: »
    after all the bad/phantom calls the pacers were getting....and what the hell happened with that player jumped on asiks back and nearly choked him the ref was right there and didnt call anything
    ikr, ..................