First 3 rounds: Who do you want your team to draft

Options
t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
I know there is an official thread but I'm curious, if the draft goes your way tomorrow who does your team pick up:

For me, Eagles:

1st- Jimmy Smith- Although this pick screams aqib talib I don't think his character issues are as recent or as relevant as talibs. If smith is off the board I want carimi. I'm not gonna lie I only saw solder play once but I don't give a ? about his "physical presence", carimi improved every year and he's a beast imo. I still think there is more depth @ cb than ot so I wouldn't be mad @ all with carimi.

2nd- Justin Houston- I HATE our linebacking core and I don't think it gets mentioned enough as one of our weaknesses. Jamar Chaney was a 7th round pick and he stepped in a played better than stewart bradley from day 1. Sims has speed, but he's small and he makes bonehead decisions in open space at times. If we can't take houston and we don't get a cb first round I want ras-i-dowling, he's always played well and I think he gets overlooked in the db talk because uva is trash.

3rd- surprise time..... RYAN MALLETT! Kiper and Mcshay both said they've been hearing scouts saying mallett could drop to the FOURTH round because of his character issues. I know we don't need a qb but kolb is going to eventually leave and kafka isn't better than mallett. I know he has issues, but who better to court him than vick(a player who used to have character issues) and andy reid/morningwheg(spelling) who are good @ dealing with players who have character issues.

Comments

• ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Falcons:

Id want to see:

If we cant trade up to get AJ or Julio(Which was Rumored but highly unlikely to happen.)

1st: Adrian Clayborn DE : I watched dude play a few times and he is all over the field. Str8 won that bowl game against Ga Tech 2 years ago. Dont wanna see my Falcons reach right here and draft a WR in round one or just pick the best DE avail. Dont want anymore Jamal Andersons(The DE)

2nd: Randall Cobb WR/RB(Kentucky): Watched him play a lot and he is pretty damn fast and quick. Played WR and some RB in college. We need a speedy guy who can come in and be explosive.

3rd:Best LB avail. Dont really know who may still be here in the 3rd
  • Mantequilla
    Mantequilla Members Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Sherrod or Wilkerson in the 1st, both positions of need and impact but definitely more-so on the O-Line, playing Sherrod at right tackle lets Yanda push back to guard

Greg Little looks like a big physical play-making receiver we could use in the 2nd (Hows this for a stat, B'More last 4-receivers drafted have a combined catch total of 2)

Trade up in the 3rd If either Harris or Moore are still on the board
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    JETS

best DT, DE or OLB on the board.

then sign a undrafted OT.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I know there is an official thread but I'm curious, if the draft goes your way tomorrow who does your team pick up:

For me, Eagles:

1st- Jimmy Smith- Although this pick screams aqib talib I don't think his character issues are as recent or as relevant as talibs. If smith is off the board I want carimi. I'm not gonna lie I only saw solder play once but I don't give a ? about his "physical presence", carimi improved every year and he's a beast imo. I still think there is more depth @ cb than ot so I wouldn't be mad @ all with carimi.

almost every mock draft has Eagles pickin Smith. lol if they dont pick him.
  • xtraill
    xtraill Members Posts: 286 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Steelers: CB, CB and CB
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Bengals :

1st Pick : ? - i think this pick would make a lot of sense, been a bad franchise for a while and only he himself can come in right away and make a immediate impact , he'll do things like score without really having the football in his hands , do ? you see in Madden with all the Glitches and walk through the line all the way too the endzone then hike it then everyone else on the line moves but by then it's too late , next thing you know he put up a quick 6 on ya .

2nd Pick : Gandhi - We're known for having a bunch of goons on the team so we need a peace maker, i dont know who hasnt been arrested on the team yet or pulled out the tool on their on mom , so we need someone to come in level headed and be on that nonviolent ? and that'll make everyone else play better.

3rd Pick : Martin luther King Jr - he was a ? with some dreams, a lot of dreams, and thats what the Bengals need.

i Believe if we get these 3 guys then we can start to shake somethin up in the League and things will look much better.
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    1st. Mike Pouncey..Our line was injured alot of the year last year and we need more ? to come in and solidify it. Shaun O'Hara is done as far as im concerened..He came back after his injury last year and we immediately got worse at center. Seubert filled in great while O'Hara was out but he had a terrible leg injury in the last game of the season against Washington and there's no telling (at his age) how he'll bounce back from his 2nd terrible injury of his career. Pouncey would help out alot..Hope he's still around when we pick.

2nd. Stephen Pea..We may need somebody to fill the void that might be left by Coefield taking big money somewhere else...Hope it doesn't come that tho, but he would be a good value pick either way..Would be nice to have some depth at DT for once, cuz Rocky Bernard ain't did ? in the 2 years we've had him..I still got confidence in Linval Joseph being the starter this year if Cofield leaves..Pea would have time to adjust to the NFL and become a part of the rotation down the line..Canty needs to stand out more this year to.

3rd. Casey Mathews..I think he can make an immediate impact on special teams and see some on field time, considering our linebacking core is just simply not that good..Keith Bulluck is old as hell, who knows if he'll be back..Goff hasn't soilidified himself as a starter year in and year out...Our most consistent LB is Michael Boley and even he hasn't live up to expectations since he was signed two years ago..Mathews could come in, compete, and add some much needed depth to the weakest unit of our defense..

Other than these picks we need to increase our team speed..tired of seeing our players looking slower than everybody elses..We need dynamic athletes to add to the roster, whether it's free agency or the rest of the draft...our team speed is below average.
  • dmv_use2thewait
    dmv_use2thewait Members Posts: 1,239 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    1st. Adrian Clayborn/Cameron Heyward (DE) - We may lose Cullen Jenkins to free agency or we may not.

2nd. Ryan Williams (RB)- Ryan Grant can give you 1200+ but can he stay on the field all 16 games consistently. We add Williams who i think is a 1st round talent. With already a championship team and then a one-two punch like those two then i smell a dynasty. Well i already think we have one in the making.

3rd. Bruce Carter/ Casey Matthews (LB) - If Carter doesn't slip to the 3rd then definitely Casey Matthews. With his brother already there pushing him. Don't be suprised we were to have another Pro-Bowl Matthews with their hardworking pedigree.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited April 2011
    Options
    1st. Adrian Clayborn/Cameron Heyward (DE) - We may lose Cullen Jenkins to free agency or we may not.

2nd. Ryan Williams (RB)- Ryan Grant can give you 1200+ but can he stay on the field all 16 games consistently. We add Williams who i think is a 1st round talent. With already a championship team and then a one-two punch like those two then i smell a dynasty. Well i already think we have one in the making.

3rd. Bruce Carter/ Casey Matthews (LB) - If Carter doesn't slip to the 3rd then definitely Casey Matthews. With his brother already there pushing him. Don't be suprised we were to have another Pro-Bowl Matthews with their hardworking pedigree.

Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being the best rb out of this draft.I don't agree on matthews though, not saying that he won't be solid but besides the long hair and last name I don't see his brother at all when watching him play. Idk about the pro-bowl....
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »
    1st. Mike Pouncey..Our line was injured alot of the year last year and we need more ? to come in and solidify it. Shaun O'Hara is done as far as im concerened..He came back after his injury last year and we immediately got worse at center. Seubert filled in great while O'Hara was out but he had a terrible leg injury in the last game of the season against Washington and there's no telling (at his age) how he'll bounce back from his 2nd terrible injury of his career. Pouncey would help out alot..Hope he's still around when we pick.

2nd. Stephen Pea..We may need somebody to fill the void that might be left by Coefield taking big money somewhere else...Hope it doesn't come that tho, but he would be a good value pick either way..Would be nice to have some depth at DT for once, cuz Rocky Bernard ain't did ? in the 2 years we've had him..I still got confidence in Linval Joseph being the starter this year if Cofield leaves..Pea would have time to adjust to the NFL and become a part of the rotation down the line..Canty needs to stand out more this year to.

3rd. Casey Mathews..I think he can make an immediate impact on special teams and see some on field time, considering our linebacking core is just simply not that good..Keith Bulluck is old as hell, who knows if he'll be back..Goff hasn't soilidified himself as a starter year in and year out...Our most consistent LB is Michael Boley and even he hasn't live up to expectations since he was signed two years ago..Mathews could come in, compete, and add some much needed depth to the weakest unit of our defense..

Other than these picks we need to increase our team speed..tired of seeing our players looking slower than everybody elses..We need dynamic athletes to add to the roster, whether it's free agency or the rest of the draft...our team speed is below average.

I like those picks but IDK if Pea will be there in the 2nd round he has first round grade everywhere I looked.
  • dmv_use2thewait
    dmv_use2thewait Members Posts: 1,239 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being the best rb out of this draft.I don't agree on matthews though, not saying that he won't be solid but besides the long hair and last name I don't see his brother at all when watching him play. Idk about the pro-bowl....

He has that potential...Clay wasn't looked at as being as dominant as he is now. One thing about the Matthews family and football, they are hardworkers at their craft. Thats why i wouldn't be suprised if Casey becomes a Pro-Bowler too, maybe not as dominant but pretty good in his own right.
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Redskins

Don't care about names and who's coming out..

I just want them to draft a DL linemen, OF linemen and a LB.

but, they won't..
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Sherrod or Wilkerson in the 1st, both positions of need and impact but definitely more-so on the O-Line, playing Sherrod at right tackle lets Yanda push back to guard

Greg Little looks like a big physical play-making receiver we could use in the 2nd (Hows this for a stat, B'More last 4-receivers drafted have a combined catch total of 2)

Trade up in the 3rd If either Harris or Moore are still on the board

Yo first we need to address a cornerback then for a reciever i want torry smith outta maryland
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

For me, Eagles:

2nd- Justin Houston- I HATE our linebacking core and I don't think it gets mentioned enough as one of our weaknesses. Jamar Chaney was a 7th round pick and he stepped in a played better than stewart bradley from day 1. Sims has speed, but he's small and he makes bonehead decisions in open space at times. If we can't take houston and we don't get a cb first round I want ras-i-dowling, he's always played well and I think he gets overlooked in the db talk because uva is trash.

3rd- surprise time..... RYAN MALLETT! Kiper and Mcshay both said they've been hearing scouts saying mallett could drop to the FOURTH round because of his character issues. I know we don't need a qb but kolb is going to eventually leave and kafka isn't better than mallett. I know he has issues, but who better to court him than vick(a player who used to have character issues) and andy reid/morningwheg(spelling) who are good @ dealing with players who have character issues.

you gotta watch jimmy smith thought homie, and Justin houston tested positive for weed at the combine. Plus he doesn't fit the eagles scheme he would only be an outside linebacker in a 3-4. he can't play outside in a 4-3. If the Eagles take him he would play defensive end. I think yall 1st pick will be an offensive lineman to protect Vick from getting killed.

Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that Smith flunked three drug tests at Colorado, and he told at least one club that one of the three was for misusing codeine.

Codeine may be a particular red flag for NFL teams right now. The Raiders want to trade up into the first round and were once thought to be interested in moving up for Smith, but the latest reports out of the Bay Area indicate that the Raiders aren’t going to take a chance on a guy with a codeine issue so soon after the JaMarcus Russell debacle.

Smith’s character problems (which also reportedly include issues with alcohol, getting women pregnant and an arrest for assault) are so voluminous that a survey of 24 personnel executives found 11 of them wouldn’t even take him in the second round, let alone the first.

For my niners

1st Patrick Peterson or Robert Quinn if Peterson is gone
    2nd Andy Dalton
    3rd Ras I Dowling if they don't get Peterson. If they do get Peterson then Stephen Paea
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    you gotta watch jimmy smith thought homie, and Justin houston tested positive for weed at the combine. Plus he doesn't fit the eagles scheme he would only be an outside linebacker in a 3-4. he can't play outside in a 4-3. If the Eagles take him he would play defensive end. I think yall 1st pick will be an offensive lineman to protect Vick from getting killed.

Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that Smith flunked three drug tests at Colorado, and he told at least one club that one of the three was for misusing codeine.

Codeine may be a particular red flag for NFL teams right now. The Raiders want to trade up into the first round and were once thought to be interested in moving up for Smith, but the latest reports out of the Bay Area indicate that the Raiders aren’t going to take a chance on a guy with a codeine issue so soon after the JaMarcus Russell debacle.

Smith’s character problems (which also reportedly include issues with alcohol, getting women pregnant and an arrest for assault) are so voluminous that a survey of 24 personnel executives found 11 of them wouldn’t even take him in the second round, let alone the first.

For my niners

1st Patrick Peterson or Robert Quinn if Peterson is gone
    2nd Andy Dalton
    3rd Ras I Dowling if they don't get Peterson. If they do get Peterson then Stephen Paea

I forgot about that with houston good looks. I've been hearing that the scouts are worrying less and less about smith's character issues but obviously the ? he did throws up red flags thats why I said the pick might end up being a talib situation. As far yall picking ras-i third I REALLY like that pick. If we don't take a corner I wan't him in the third as well, he gets slept on because uva was so trash
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    bwhaha this ? said ? and MLK
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I forgot about that with houston good looks. I've been hearing that the scouts are worrying less and less about smith's character issues but obviously the ? he did throws up red flags thats why I said the pick might end up being a talib situation. As far yall picking ras-i third I REALLY like that pick. If we don't take a corner I wan't him in the third as well, he gets slept on because uva was so trash

True according to Kiper most teams that talked to Jimmy Smith felt that the dude has moved past the dumb stuff. but Talib just getting into trouble just opens your eyes up some. I like the Eagles getting a corner, but in the 1st round I just see Reid taking a guard b/c the inside of the Eagles line is a problem. If you trade Kolb sooner or later then you really really have to protect Vick. One of my best friends is an Eagles fan and he talking Jimmy smith also.
  • Mantequilla
    Mantequilla Members Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yo first we need to address a cornerback then for a reciever i want torry smith outta maryland

Nah Corner aint all that serious bruh, Foxworth will be coming back plus all we know how to do is develop defensive players so a 2nd or 3rd round corner should still work. B'more O-Line on the other hand is steadily killing this team

Maryland receivers are a bad omen
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Nah Corner aint all that serious bruh, Foxworth will be coming back plus all we know how to do is develop defensive players so a 2nd or 3rd round corner should still work. B'more O-Line on the other hand is steadily killing this team

word to darius heyward-bay
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Texans: Defense, defense, and............
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

Ravens neeeed Jimmy Smith...badly
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Jaguars

1st: Ryan Kerrigan (DE)
    2nd: Rahim Moore (SS)
    3rd: Andy Dalton (QB)
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Texans: Defense, defense, and............

? dont matter....Ya'll aint winning ?
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ? dont matter....Ya'll aint winning ?

You mad? Dalton aint lasting to the 3rd btw....
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Can players be traded now as well as draft picks