Aquarium owners... post your aquariums.

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] rubbed off from frictionPosts: 0 ✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in AKA Donkey
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Aquaf!nafloe
    Aquaf!nafloe Confirm Email Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    im really really thinking about getting some fish for AnneMarie she is obsessed with them but i dont know im kinda scared she might try to over feed them or do something strange to the tank or fish or something,,,
  • I.B. Blackman
    I.B. Blackman Members Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    2rfyntk.jpg

Custom acrylic.....
  • Aquaf!nafloe
    edited April 2011
    Options
    2rfyntk.jpg

Custom acrylic.....

oh my!! i like that! ok but like what about claening and stuff..how often do u have to change the water and everything?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • I.B. Blackman
    edited April 2011
    Options
    oh my!! i like that! ok but like what about claening and stuff..how often do u have to change the water and everything?

Thanks ? ... I copped off craigslist, it's a thin tank with a good filter so i clean it every few weeks.
  • Aquaf!nafloe
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Thanks ? ... I copped off craigslist, it's a thin tank with a good filter so i clean it every few weeks.

ohh so u do have to change the water and all that....it looks really nice though i like that,,,when u clean the tank though how does it work with the fish and putting new water in?
  • I.B. Blackman
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    is that saltwater or fresh water? been looking at some of those live rocks lately.

Fresh water... I tried saltwater before and it was too much of a hassle to deal with workin two jobs plus school you know?? You really gotta stay on top of it....

But yeah if you got the time? saltwater set-up >>
  • I.B. Blackman
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ohh so u do have to change the water and all that....it looks really nice though i like that,,,when u clean the tank though how does it work with the fish and putting new water in?

Since it's freshwater i'll just transfer the fish into a small bucket & change the water... takes about 15 mins.
  • Aquaf!nafloe
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Since it's freshwater i'll just transfer the fish into a small bucket & change the water... takes about 15 mins.

oh ok so u just take the fish out,,,empty the water scrub the tank walls,,,do u have to change the rocks and clean all the decorations and stuff...like do u have to take everything out the tank?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • I.B. Blackman
    edited April 2011
    Options
    oh ok so u just take the fish out,,,empty the water scrub the tank walls,,,do u have to change the rocks and clean all the decorations and stuff...like do u have to take everything out the tank?

Yeah... I don't have that much in the tank since it's pretty thin tho....
    The Jamel wrote: »
    do you boil the water or just let it stand for 24 hours?

i think the next tank i gt will be saltwater, nothing big, i just want the corral.

Not even 24 hours bruh.... maybe a couple.
  • Aquaf!nafloe
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Do they generally take much work to maintain?

yea thats my thing i dont want to hurt the fish or anything be cleaning it wrong on messin up the water temp,,,,
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You shouldn't change the whole tank of water, taking the fish from one tank of water into completely different water can shock and ? them. 20% changes every 2-3 weeks is preferable and less stressful for the fish an helps replenish filtered out minerals. Appropriate filter size for tank to help keep water from becoming murky with an air pump and bubbler to keep the water oxygenated.
  • Aquaf!nafloe
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You shouldn't change the whole tank of water, taking the fish from one tank of water into completely different water can shock and ? them. 20% changes every 2-3 weeks is preferable and less stressful for the fish an helps replenish filtered out minerals. Appropriate filter size for tank to help keep water from becoming murky with an air pump and bubbler to keep the water oxygenated.

ok so wat would u suggest on how to do it? get a real good filter and change the water how every so often?
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I love aquariums. I'm definately getting one when I get my own place.

XBL still up?
  • jellybean84
    jellybean84 Confirm Email Posts: 1,560
    edited April 2011
    Options
    How are your fish doing Jamel?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i used to have 3 red belly piranhas (i think thats what kind they were) they got pretty big. funny thing is. i used the box tops of my timberland boxes to line the back of the tank and had a blue uv soft light to illuminate at night (back when i used to smoke trees LOL)

178636.jpg

see the box top with the tree bark looking ? on there?? that was my background on the outside of the glass. it went perfect with my finished wood entertainment center LOL and some how the light set it off something crazy

id have to dig for the pics tho. this was a while ago ... this thread prolly wont even be findable by the time i find the pics and scan em LOL