Whats is it going to take for the Government to lift the Prohibition of ?

Options
your flyness
your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in The Social Lounge
or as its commonly know as Marijuana? I dont even smoke anymore but I cant see a legitimate reason why its still illegal while Alcohol and cigarettes are not.

some fact about ? :

It was LEGAL TO PAY TAXES WITH ? in America from 1631 until the early 1900s

REFUSING TO GROW ? in America during the 17th, 18th and 19th Centuries WAS AGAINST THE LAW!

Benjamin Franklin owned one of the first paper mills in America and it processed ? . Also, the War of 1812 was fought over ? .

The first Bibles, maps, charts, Betsy Ross's flag, the first drafts of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were made from ?

In 1916, the U.S. Government predicted that by the 1940s all paper would come from ? and that no more trees need to be cut down. Government studies report that 1 acre of ? equals 4.1 acres of trees.

Henry Ford's first Model-T was built to run on ? gasoline and the car itself was constructed from ? ! On his large estate, Ford was photographed among his ? fields. The car, 'grown from the soil,' had ? plastic panels whose impact strength was 10 times stronger than steel

Now that we know and dont care that Marijuana makes white women have relations with negros and listen to Jazz music, which is what Harry J. Anslinger testified to congress as one of the reason it needs to be banned, Plus the AMA saying that it has no illicit effects except with excessive prolong use, Shouldn't it be time to lift the prohibition?

Comments

• bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    A little time. We are almost there.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    A little time. We are almost there.

pfff. no we're not. i say at least 20 yrs. the legalization of marijuana has no face, just a bunch of young stoners.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    [IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5ieXw28ZUpg/SaHdPIn7W9I/AAAAAAAAA9o/bKAGrEwC6Eg/s400/? .PNG[/IMG]

"My guess is that we'll need to see a supermajority of Americans in favor of decriminalizing ? before the federal government would dare to take action on it. If the upward trend since 1990 holds (and recall my earlier caution: it might not), then legalization would achieve 60 percent support at some point in 2022 or 2023. About then is when things might get interesting. But I'd guess we'll see other some other once-unthinkable things like legalized ? marriage first." - polling guru Nate Silver
  • earth two superman
    edited February 2010
    Options
    also the legalization of marijuana by the democrats (the only ones whod do it) would provide a lot for the republicans to campaign on in the following election.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited February 2010
    Options
    also the legalization of marijuana by the democrats (the only ones whod do it) would provide a lot for the republicans to campaign on in the following election.

If we get more liberty minded candidates into the Republican party, it can get moving.
  • Swiffness!
    edited February 2010
    Options
    if we get more liberty minded candidates into the republican party, it can get moving.

GARY JOHNSON 2016

?
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited February 2010
    Options
    We may have to wait til the baby boomers die to see something like this come to pass

After all, they are the ones still holding onto the good ol fashion brainwashing from the 20th century!
  • your flyness
    your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ^I agree with that. The argument I always here is that, "Oh everybody going to be walking around stonned", or " They gonna be at work high as hell" etc, etc. The argument is always Personal Responsibility and can be applied to alcohol or other things you can buy legally. except with ? it has positive uses other than smoking.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    GARY JOHNSON 2016

?

? right.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ^I agree with that. The argument I always here is that, "Oh everybody going to be walking around stonned", or " They gonna be at work high as hell" etc, etc. The argument is always Personal Responsibility and can be applied to alcohol or other things you can buy legally. except with ? it has positive uses other than smoking.

My thing is, this whole damn drug war is a farce. We spend tens of billions of dollars every year on what? SWAT teams, helicopters, phone taps, snitches, court cases, etc.

? ridiculous. Im cool with weed, but I dont like other drugs, but going about the way we do wont solve anything. It all needs to be legalized and treated as a public health crisis. you cant tackle it from a supply side when the demand is still there. I dont care how many little ? u lock of for possession, the ? will still get sold as long as there is somebody to sell it too. Now, what needs to happen is attack it from the Demand side. And Im not saying lock people of for smokin ? . I mean actually attack the root of the problem...ADDICTION. Instead of spending all those billions on a police state we need to be building drug rehab centers, medical research into curing addiction, alternatives to coke, ? , and dope...? like that. Once the demand starts decrease, so does the profit potential, once the profit potential goes, drug dealers have to find a new job.

Every time the govt tries to illegalize something they create a destructive sub culture. In the early 1900's when alcohol prohibition, and making gambling illegal, they basically creating the Mafia. Once Vegas went legit, and you no longer had to walk in some dungeon to play the numbers, you no longer have the crime associated with illegal gambling. ? , no all Granny gotta do is ride down to the Circle K and get her a couple numbers, ya dig. Now they have done the same thing with the Drug War.

Career politicians to spooked to touch it though.
  • earth two superman
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ? right.

because ron paul light is gonna have a stronger effect than ron paul?

like someone said before, the baby boomers need to die before we get to work on legalizing it. im sure it will happen in my lifetime though. and no libertarian minded candidate is gonna get through the republicans. i hope no one honestly believes that they will.
  • Swiffness!
    edited February 2010
    Options
    My thing is, this whole damn drug war is a farce. We spend tens of billions of dollars every year on what? SWAT teams, helicopters, phone taps, snitches, court cases, etc.

? ridiculous. Im cool with weed, but I dont like other drugs, but going about the way we do wont solve anything. It all needs to be legalized and treated as a public health crisis. you cant tackle it from a supply side when the demand is still there. I dont care how many little ? u lock of for possession, the ? will still get sold as long as there is somebody to sell it too. Now, what needs to happen is attack it from the Demand side. And Im not saying lock people of for smokin ? . I mean actually attack the root of the problem...ADDICTION. Instead of spending all those billions on a police state we need to be building drug rehab centers, medical research into curing addiction, alternatives to coke, ? , and dope...? like that. Once the demand starts decrease, so does the profit potential, once the profit potential goes, drug dealers have to find a new job.

Every time the govt tries to illegalize something they create a destructive sub culture. In the early 1900's when alcohol prohibition, and making gambling illegal, they basically creating the Mafia. Once Vegas went legit, and you no longer had to walk in some dungeon to play the numbers, you no longer have the crime associated with illegal gambling. ? , no all Granny gotta do is ride down to the Circle K and get her a couple numbers, ya dig. Now they have done the same thing with the Drug War.

Career politicians to spooked to touch it though.

I am fearful of what would happen if say, Pfizer started mass producing ? and pumping millions of dollars into advertising it. They'd rename the ? EnergyCubes™ and have pretty white celebrities smoking it in magazines and billboard ads. Lying they ass off in TV commercials saying its not REALLY ? cuz they changed this or that chemical to make it "safer". (coughmoreaddictiveandcheapercough)

That said, it'd be awesome if big corps did that with weed and started making their own strains. I hear Panasonic's new NeoDro ? all over Sony's HDH (High Definition Herb)....
  • Swiffness!
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Oh and if the U.S legalized Coke, Columbia would enter an era of peace and prosperity and join the G20 economies like 10 years later. LOL. Its funny cuz its true.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited February 2010
    Options
    because ron paul light is gonna have a stronger effect than ron paul?

like someone said before, the baby boomers need to die before we get to work on legalizing it. im sure it will happen in my lifetime though. and no libertarian minded candidate is gonna get through the republicans. i hope no one honestly believes that they will.

What. Fool we takin ova! You aint heard?

Pleanty of liberty minded candidates making moves all around the country. It's a movement. It's going to take a while, and like you said, baby boomers need to die off, but it will be a movement. And it's a more appealing alternative for the youth rather than plain ol' Xenophobic conservatism.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Oh and if the U.S legalized Coke, Columbia would enter an era of peace and prosperity and join the G20 economies like 10 years later. LOL. Its funny cuz its true.

haha, that ? would be funny. Really though, that's wealth creation we are missing out on.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If we get more liberty minded candidates into the Republican party, it can get moving.

Honestly cmr, as much as i would like to see that happen i highly doubt that it will. at least not right now. if anything, the out of control spending going on currently is causing most party members to return to a more traditional conservative approach. which would be going in an even more opposite direction. refer to tea partiers as a living example
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i think it's going to take people who want legal marijuana arguing for it strictly from a costs-and-benefits position and not ranting about how the government shouldn't legislate "WHAT I PUT IN MY BODY." the latter makes the average person afraid to side with them
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    A weed head pilot should crash his single engine plane into DEA headquarters lol Of course he'd forget what he was flying for once in the air.
  • earth two superman
    edited February 2010
    Options

Pleanty of liberty minded candidates making moves all around the country. It's a movement. It's going to take a while, and like you said, baby boomers need to die off, but it will be a movement. And it's a more appealing alternative for the youth rather than plain ol' Xenophobic conservatism.

Maybe ur right, Ron Paul did just win the straw poll at CPAC, libertarian minds are definitely being embraced by the ri...... oh wait, they booed him when they announced he won.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Maybe ur right, Ron Paul did just win the straw poll at CPAC, libertarian minds are definitely being embraced by the ri...... oh wait, they booed him when they announced he won.

Hey, change is hard. The status quo (Neo-cons) do not want Ron Paul in there. They hate him and his kind waaay more than they hate Democrats. Its going to take a while, but, hopefully, we can take over that party.
  • earth two superman
    edited February 2010
    Options
    They hate him and his kind waaay more than they hate Democrats.

explain.....
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited February 2010
    Options
    explain.....

1 reason. Ron Paul and libertarians like him are much much more principled than Democrats and Neo-cons. ? , Ron Paul voted against his own Audit the Fed bill, which he has been pushing for the last 30 years, only because it got tied to a bunch of pork barrel spending, and debt ceiling hikes. You cant buy him off, you cant punk him, he stands by his morals. Neo Cons hate that because neo cons want one thing, more power, just like Democrats with the exception of maybe Dennis Kucinich. People like that scare the ? outta Neo-Cons, or career politicians in general. The biggest fear for the elites whose power lies within the government is for the government's power to be taken away and placed with the people. This why Fox News, the National Review, and the Wall Street journal try to legitimize the liberty movement every chance they get.
  • BOSS KTULU
    BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ron Paul always votes NO, but he attaches pork to any bill he thinks is going to pass

dude's a regular lying politician, just with silly ideas about gold
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited February 2010
    Options
    See, they're catchin on

xq9d1u.jpg
  • Swiffness!
    edited February 2010
    Options

yeah well they gotta dead those ? NeoCons first and we know that ain't happenin anytime soon. The Republicans are just in too deep with dat. The seeds of the Awakening are there but the Limbaughs, Roves, and Kristols ain't lettin them ? grow.