Better Rapper Will Smith or Jay Z?

Options
Rhymesfinest
Rhymesfinest Members Posts: 1,892 ✭✭
edited April 2011 in The Reason
Both popular to the mainstream, both sold a lotta records, both are limited in content, both from the 90's era but who is the better Rapper?

Comments

• Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Big Willie Style is Will Smith's best Album

Reasonable Doubt is Jay Z best Album

Big Willie Style IMO is the better all round Album
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    COFUCKING SIGN SON

bruh this thread got me beamin right now
  • Ajax McJones
    Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    seriously shady team, how did you go from supporting eminem (A top 5 rapper)

to making wierd trolling threads
    making insane claims and supporting mindless gangsta rap and co signing birdman?

this ? is ? me off, im starting to realise why the americans dont take us seriously :/
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    seriously shady team, how did you go from supporting eminem (A top 5 rapper)

to making wierd trolling threads
    making insane claims and supporting mindless gangsta rap and co signing birdman?

this ? is ? me off, im starting to realise why the americans dont take us seriously :/

What i like about a lotta Gangsta Rappers is they may speak on the negatives but will always have some slightly deeper tracks like 'Tears Of Joy' by Rozay for example

I would rather listen to Gangsta Rap than Horrorcore a Gangsta is smarter than a serial killer

Maybe you werent raised around street people
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Fresh Prince a legend... that big willie style my ?
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    ChuckieInDaMurderAve Members Posts: 1,787 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I am listening to And in This Corner... as I'm writing this and as much as I am supportive of Will Smith as a rapper, he's not better than Jay-Z. There's a reason one appears in top 10 lists a lot and the other don't. Will Smith is more fun than Jay-Z, though.

Lol @ "Big Willie Style is Will Smith's best". Go check out his albums with DJ Jazzy Jeff, much better and classic stuff.
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Will Smith is a legend.

Props to big will!

i didnt know T/S is shadyteam haha how many you got Shadyteam
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I am listening to And in This Corner... as I'm writing this and as much as I am supportive of Will Smith as a rapper, he's not better than Jay-Z. There's a reason one appears in top 10 lists a lot and the other don't. Will Smith is more fun than Jay-Z, though.

Lol @ "Big Willie Style is Will Smith's best". Go check out his albums with DJ Jazzy Jeff, much better and classic stuff.

I have, big willie style more fun of an album though, thats why I listen to fp in the first place
  • Ajax McJones
    Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What i like about a lotta Gangsta Rappers is they may speak on the negatives but will always have some slightly deeper tracks like 'Tears Of Joy' by Rozay for example

I would rather listen to Gangsta Rap than Horrorcore a Gangsta is smarter than a serial killer

Maybe you werent raised around street people

I dont listen to horrorcore for the most part, i dont why you think i do...
    thing is though eminem is your fave and he is more horrorcore (or was) than gangsta for sure
    you trying to tell me that the SSLP horrorcore themes werent smart or clever, but Waka Flockas gangsta ? is?

and no i wanst raised around street people, but most of the people in the proper hoods are trying to get away from that ? , not glorify it
    all the biggest fans of gangsta rap tend to be nerdy white kids shouting slang over the internet.
    hell just look at 50 cents fan base.

seriously youve changed a lot, someone with so much knowledge on hip hop shouldnt be saying ignorant ? like that
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    ChuckieInDaMurderAve Members Posts: 1,787 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Depends on what type of gangsta rap you talk about. Fans of 90s legends like Geto Boys and Spice 1 tend to be much more respectable than the teenage "nerdy white kid" that only knows what's mainstream (G-Unit and half of the current southern rap).
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Album wise Will Smith is better with out question pretty much every Will Smith Album is dope from start to finish

While Reasonable Doubt is Jay Z's best Album and considered classic by some The Blueprint and The Black Album are solid the rest of his Album's are forgetable
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited April 2011
    Options

You can't name a Jay Z track better than this
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    smh2.gif
  • Rhymesfinest