if tyler the creator and odd future are the 'saviors' of rap....

Options
25centsandwich
25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in The Reason
then i legitimately fear for the future....

aside from frank ocean all of them are terrible....especially tyler the creator...

i guess dissin bob and wiz khalifa makes u hard nowadays.....

even though your audience is the same as there audience...

but even this wouldnt bother me...if there music wasnt so ? ...

its filled with terrible off key notes, poorly done samplin, and trendy low passes...

but because they say ridiculous ? on beats (with rhyme schemes that make jeezy seem like rakim lyrically) and arent talkin about drugs, cars, hoes, or money they get a pass....

give me a ? break....

these ? probaly never been in a confrontation in there life....soft as tissue...

they remind me of litlle brother seven or eight years ago...trendy underground hip hop loved by whites and "hip hop heads"

but two or three years down the road, they realized they were underground because they werent as good as ? mainstream.....

at least little brother had talent rap and beat wise....

odd future is shock rap...which is nothin new....but apparently u dont have to make good music to do shock rap anymore...

Comments

• Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    nobody said them ? are the saviors of hip hop

^^^^^^

this. Them ? hate that language themselves, ? honestly and genuinely dont care bout that ? . Not every new ? coming out trying to be the saviour of rap...some just trying to make music
  • Kame
    edited April 2011
    Options
    And all that ? is your definition of what good music is. I bet I like the exact same type of music as you do.... but there isnt one standard or scale of music that says.. this is good.. and this is bad. Good and bad music does exist, but only in the confines of what the artist is trying to do. These ? arent trying to make illmatic, they're trying to make something different. (notice I said different, not necessarily new). You judge it under different criteria. Yeah shock rap isnt new, no ones done it has made it more disturbing than a bunch of kids though. Plus youre the first person Ive heard say them ? cant rap, at least for a bunch of teenagers. Even then, these ? spitting. Subject matter may not be for you... but it is what it is i aint tripping

and nah these ? are completely fake, thats why its shock rap. You really think they ? ? out here lol?
  • Tree Fiddy
    Tree Fiddy Members Posts: 1,294
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Who is Tyler the Creator?
  • Kame
    edited April 2011
    Options
    and these ? arent going to sell 50k copies..this a small ass movement as of now. Chill.
  • Kame
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Tree Fiddy wrote: »
    Who is Tyler the Creator?

see lol?..............................
  • Tree Fiddy
    Tree Fiddy Members Posts: 1,294
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Insane Clown Posse aren't even millionaires. Tyler better count his coins now.
  • wordsRweapons
    wordsRweapons Members Posts: 3,217 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I really dont see what the hype is about. Eminem and Tech Nyne already did their thing with the shock rap and did it wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better than these ? . No diss, but why are people hopin on these ? ? all the sudden as if they invented shock rap or something??

My two cents. But they do got skills though. I recognize talent and I do like them. But I just seen some ? the other day gettin wet over these dudes though and all could do was scratch my head.

Like Tyler the Creator isnt the Creator of man b, he isnt even the Creator of shock rap
  • Kame
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I really dont see what the hype is about. Eminem and Tech Nyne already did their thing with the shock rap and did it wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better than these ? . No diss, but why are people hopin on these ? ? all the sudden as if they invented shock rap or something??

My two cents. But they do got skills though. I recognize talent and I do like them. But I just seen some ? the other day gettin wet over these dudes though and all could do was scratch my head.

Like Tyler the Creator isnt the Creator of man b, he isnt even the Creator of shock rap

Its a new thing I guess...not necessarily the genre (90 percent of what they do isnt shock rap). I guess they got a cool image and story to go along with the music... it isnt just the music with them thats for sure. They got people following videos, artwork, they got skaters in their crew...its more of a collective. Plus they music aint bad imo...and may get better as they get older. Plus they got this independent streak/image that an underground fanbase can ? with
  • wordsRweapons
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Its a new thing I guess...not necessarily the genre (90 percent of what they do isnt shock rap). I guess they got a cool image and story to go along with the music... it isnt just the music with them thats for sure. They got people following videos, artwork, they got skaters in their crew...its more of a collective. Plus they music aint bad imo...and may get better as they get older. Plus they got this independent streak/image that an underground fanbase can ? with

Oh word? Ima need to have someone put me on some more joints then. I ? with these ? though nh. But I didnt realize they had a movement going. Cant front on that. Id rather have them make a movement than Lil B with "Im ? ". That lane in hiphop better be a dead end lol.
  • Kame
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Oh word? Ima need to have someone put me on some more joints then. I ? with these ? though nh. But I didnt realize they had a movement going. Cant front on that. Id rather have them make a movement than Lil B with "Im ? ". That lane in hiphop better be a dead end lol.

lol I dont know if youll ? with this, but you cant tell me this shock rap

but yeah if you want something more tame and varied check out mellowhype
    or if you into stoner or rider ? check out domo genesis or mike g

www.oddfuture.com

^basically got all their ? for free download there
    imo best project is Bastard by Tyler, but Blackenedwhite or Yellowhite by Mellowhype are solid projects as well...blackenedwhite goes harder imo

and that ? Earl a lyrical demon for 15/16, and im not saying it like he diggy simmons and he just dont suck, kid can spit just needs to switch his subject matter up, which will probably happen

Yeah these ? havent done anything new for music yet, but they trying something different with this collective they got. I ? with em...
  • wordsRweapons
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol I dont know if youll ? with this, but you cant tell me this shock rap

but yeah if you want something more tame and varied check out mellowhype
    or if you into stoner or rider ? check out domo genesis or mike g

www.oddfuture.com

^basically got all their ? for free download there
    imo best project is Bastard by Tyler, but Blackenedwhite or Yellowhite by Mellowhype are solid projects as well...blackenedwhite goes harder imo

and that ? Earl a lyrical demon for 15/16, and im not saying it like he diggy simmons and he just dont suck, kid can spit just needs to switch his subject matter up, which will probably happen

Yeah these ? havent done anything new for music yet, but they trying something different with this collective they got. I ? with em...

Damn, good lookin out Kame. Ima check this out right now.
  • diwinoy
    diwinoy Members Posts: 50
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Дружба сайт знакомств за 50 знакомство в балашихе пригласить девушку в коньково ищу любовника с большим членом интим знакомства в щёлково провести время в кузьминках. Мужчины встреча на калужской знакомства татар в москве тайный секс в екатеринбурге извращенный секс в читинской области сходить налево каменскуральский. Познакомиться знакомство на нагорной Знакомства сайт знакомств за 50 встреча в волгограде прикольные девушки в свердловской области познакомиться с телкой нефтеюганск интим знакомства в киселёвске знакомства для взрослых в новоуральске. Дружба встреча на смоленской встретиться с лесбиянкой в оренбурге телефон девушек в тамбове с кем встретиться в самарской области. Мужчины знакомство на щелковской найти любовь в бийске, сайт знакомств за 50 контакты девушек в рязани знакомства без обязтельств в иваново секс знакомства шали познакомиться для секса секс на раз в кабардино-балкарии ские знакомства по интерету здесь хочу найти девушку для секса бесплатное секс знакомства парня для интима в ростовской области парня развлечься в воронежской области интим знакомства в сергиев посаде Ищу сайт знакомств за 50 снять бабу найти интим на алексеевской пригласить парня на боровицкой встреча на черкизовской пару для свинга в ангарске. Знакомства секс в омске секас в уфе половые связи в центре сайт знакомств в рыбинске хочу секса в мариуполе. Девушки знакомство на добрынинской найти интим в стерлитамаке, сайт знакомств за 50 найти мужчину знакомство с армянами в сша классный трах арзамас найти друга в молодечно познакомиться с девушкой в ярославле секс отдых на площади революции девушку без комплексов в львове интим знакомства на лубянке
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I don't necessarily vibe with whats considered their definitive subject matter (shock rap)...but those kids are far from wack. Their material is loaded with nuances and an attention to detail that ? twice their age don't understand. Plus theyre a breath of fresh air in a very repetitive industry. Really the past year has been the year for "scenes" in hip hop (JETSxTGOD for the stoner/"fly" scene and OFWGKTA for the skater/shock rap scene. I hope we see more off of it.