*-* HipHop: Beyond Beats & Rhymes *-*

Options
stupot0607
stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in The Reason
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2020029531334253002#

Great documentry on hip hop's flaws.

if you get a spare hour, check this out IC.

Comments

• chillg
    chillg Members Posts: 569
    edited April 2011
    Options
    video not playing
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    It worked for me...

Seems like a lot has changed since this came out. The violence in lyrics went down significantly. The main cats now are Ye, Drake, Wiz, Cudi, Wale, BOB, and them. The hardest cats out in terms of violent lyrics are Ross and Wayne, and theyre not as hard as the cats in the 90s/early 00s. A cypher sounds a lot different now from then. It's mainly about gettin money girls rather than shootin people and sellin drugs
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2020029531334253002#

Great documentry on hip hop's flaws.

if you get a spare hour, check this out IC.

thanx for the drop fam
  • hefty-vulturestatus
    hefty-vulturestatus Members Posts: 811 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Cool video. Busta and Clipse made themselves look like idiots, at least Jada was willing to address the filmmakers points. Also Clipse looked like they were on something.
  • Monizzle
    Monizzle Members Posts: 1,666
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    It worked for me...

Seems like a lot has changed since this came out. The violence in lyrics went down significantly. The main cats now are Ye, Drake, Wiz, Cudi, Wale, BOB, and them. The hardest cats out in terms of violent lyrics are Ross and Wayne, and theyre not as hard as the cats in the 90s/early 00s. A cypher sounds a lot different now from then. It's mainly about gettin money girls rather than shootin people and sellin drugs

which is interesting cause i remember watching this documentary around 4 years ago and even with dudes like kanye out i was like damn when this gunplay gunna end. And notice how bad new york has suffered since nobody been checking for gunplay. I love gunplay lyrics in moderation but thats all nyc was eating off of. Even here in CT on state up dudes trina be a lamer version of a lame new york rapper lol.