What rapper from 2000-present has potential GOAT status???

Options
hnic1978
hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in The Reason
In the 80's u have KRS-1, Rakim and LL Cool J just to name a few of the best. In the 90's you have 2pac, Biggie, Jay-Z, Ice Cube and Scarface to name of few of rappers that were considered tops in their class. So my question is what rappers that came out in 2000 or later that has potential GOAT status????

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ll has always come with a ladies anthem....he has been the most consistant. followed by jay z...rakim was hot for his era,as was pac and biggie.....
  • hnic1978
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I totally agree with all four of yall but can we really add wayne since he's been havin success since the 90's??
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I say Kanye , Lupe , T.I. Lil Wayne(even though i don't like tunechi) long shots right now but got a good chance krit,currency and of course myself ?
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    None of them. Kanye is the best out of all the 2000-present rappers though.
  • hnic1978
    edited April 2011
    Options
    None of them. Kanye is the best out of all the 2000- present rappers though.

wow u don't think any of these guys have the potential when we look back and they were one of the best???
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lupe had but his new album blew it imo
  • King Lee
    King Lee Members, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I would say 50 Cent, Kanye West, T.I., & Lil Wayne. I can't think of anyone at the moment that has done what these guys have done.

Edit: Maybe Lupe, Lasers was good and he's working on Food n Liquor 2 which he described as having more concrete records. So I guess I can't count him out yet.
  • Puff-A-Lot
    Puff-A-Lot Members Posts: 143
    edited April 2011
    Options
    50, ye, tip, ? with weezy
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    No one really, Kanye is a dope artist but he isn't a great mc in terms of technical skill, Lupe is dope technically but doesn't have that appeal factor or best beat selection, TI is a ok artist but he doesn't really measure up as a mc, Wayne is too hit or miss and hasn't put together that one quality piece of work, 50 is a mediocre mc, etc. I really think the 2000's is the disco era of hiphop for the most part
  • motrilla
    motrilla Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I gotta agree with the others mentioned but don't count out Rozay if the ? keeps making better albums than everybody else in his era we'll look back at him as one of the best
  • talik23
    talik23 Members Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    motrilla wrote: »
    I gotta agree with the others mentioned but don't count out Rozay if the ? keeps making better albums than everybody else in his era we'll look back at him as one of the best

fail-in-toilet-lol.png

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol @ Wayne being from 2000, Wayne is from the golden age
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lupe is nowhere near close
    hes about to go the rass kass rout
  • usmarin3
    edited April 2011
    Options
    genstasia wrote: »
    Pac considered Goat and didnt have the Bolded.....

Pac might not have been a great lyricist but his delivery, flow, and songwriting compensated for that aspect, along with being a good story teller. Kanye's flow is mediocre, delivery is mediocre, etc, just everything mediocre about Kanye. What Kanye has that appeals to people is his production, he is very truthful in his rhymes, and he represents the approachable next door dude.
  • usmarin3
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol @ Wayne being from 2000, Wayne is from the golden age

Golden age ended in 1998, 1999 is far from golden age and yet still Wayne was not on anyones radar like that. Dude didn't really come up until pre Cater 1 when he was putting out those mixtapes with Squad Up.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Golden age ended in 1998, 1999 is far from golden age and yet still Wayne was not on anyones radar like that. Dude didn't really come up until pre Cater 1 when he was putting out those mixtapes with Squad Up.

True Story came out in 1995
  • usmarin3
    edited April 2011
    Options
    True Story came out in 1995

? Cash Money didn't come up on the mainstream tip till 1998 when 400 degreez dropped. Don't act like these mfs was on some Bad Boy, No Limit, Suave House, Death Row ? back then in 1995. No matter how hard you try, you can't rewrite Waynes history or force feed his legacy with the real legends.
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I say Kanye , Lupe , T.I. Lil Wayne(even though i don't like tunechi) long shots right now but got a good chance krit,currency and of course myself ?

curren$y is gonna be a underground legend..... ? forgetting Rawse..... last 3 years Rawse been on point, his entire catalogue is solid only improving as we speak ...
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

yet his debut sold the same amount that c1-c2 did combined...
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Kanye is going to have one of the best catalogues of all time
    Lupe is already one of the best emcees of all time with near classics and unfortunately one weedplate
  • MrCrafty
    MrCrafty Members Posts: 1,624
    edited April 2011
    Options
    RickRoss_Splash.jpg

tha ? dey luv to hate
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    talik23 wrote: »
    fail-in-toilet-lol.png