So my Cuz got a job making 600$ a week and he think rich

Options

Comments

• Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    im_lux wrote: »
    Very true...I don't because make enough money to pay my bills and do whatever it is I please but I've got a cousin right now that doesn't have a job living off his girls 14 dollar an hour paycheck and went and rented a 950$ a month house and 2 months later can't pay none of his bills. ? like that makes me sick.

Smh........
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    Thats whats wrong with alot of ? nowadays...living outside of there means.

Very common.
    And so many will buy a new Louis bag before they even pay their rent.
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Very common.

I see cadillac escalades and hummers parked at apartment complex buildings all the time.
  • rose.amoureux
    rose.amoureux Members Posts: 2,046
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Very common.

Stuff like that just boggles my mind.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited April 2011
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    I see cadillac escalades and hummers parked at apartment complex buildings all the time.

Some guys will drop thousands on rims, sound systems and all that to "? their ride" but still live under mamas roof :/
    That is completely backwards to me.
    Stuff like that just boggles my mind.

Yeah. I knew this chick who had 2 kids and still did that kind of stuff. She would make sure she was fly before the bills were paid.
    Off topic but still relevant, there once was this lady who rode on the train looking fresh with the latest in Gucci, prada galore and her son looked a mess in rags. Smh.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The ? is 18, hell yeah he flexin makin that much. Just advise him that he needs to save. It don't matter how much you makin, you need to save, whether it's for investing and/or emergencies.

But for real, dude is 18 with no real bills to pay, yes he is ballin. Look at the situation my ? . Maybe a 21 yr old grad is making more than him but that grad is payin rent, loans, food, etc etc and ends up with pennies at the end of the day. Yo cuzzin ends up with a couple stacks. C'mon son. This is his chance to get his real life started on a great foot
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    I'm a tell you like this. Down here $1300 a month for an apartment means that ? is gated, has a pool, has it's own fitness center, it's own security, furnished, utilities included, and etc. Give or take a few of those accomodations, that's a top of the line apartment round here. I know folks paying no more than $700 a month for their mortgage and house insurance. Yard so big, they could put another house in the back yard.

But the cost of living in LA is cheaper than most. Your cuz however, will be struggling on that $16/hr if your rent is the average for your area.
    this is true but truth be told your average job down here aint paying that kind of money for the average joe to be able to afford that. yall do realize that when it comes to low middle class down to the poor we all living the same regardless of location. Sure, I meet cats all the time down here from upstate who complain about the working wages and what they used to but fail to mention that the cost of living makes up for that. So for you cats saying like myself your bills come in at under 800 dollars and for those saying you need at least 2x that to make it think about what you getting paid and how much you got left after its all said and done.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Perfect wrote: »
    The ? is 18, hell yeah he flexin makin that much. Just advise him that he needs to save. It don't matter how much you makin, you need to save, whether it's for investing and/or emergencies.

But for real, dude is 18 with no real bills to pay, yes he is ballin. Look at the situation my ? . Maybe a 21 yr old grad is making more than him but that grad is payin rent, loans, food, etc etc and ends up with pennies at the end of the day. Yo cuzzin ends up with a couple stacks. C'mon son. This is his chance to get his real life started on a great foot

He is 18 making $16/hour. Man, if he starts saving 50% of each weekly check which he could do provided he lives at home, it will add up and he will be on a really great track.
    He could save over $14 K within a year alone, before he hits the age of 20. That is what I would do. Forget about getting the latest fashion and buying everything you want at first sight. I would just think of how later on I would have money in the bank to have for the things I really want ie. travel, my children, my future, my projects etc. And most of all when I really want to live comfortably, I could.
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    He could save over $14 K within a year alone, before he hits the age of 20. That is what I would do. Forget about getting the latest fashion and buying everything you want at first sight. I would just think of how later on I would have money in the bank to have for the things I really want ie. travel, my children, my future, my projects etc. And most of all when I really want to live comfortably, I could.

thinking he a baller,talking about he wanna comp my camero off me and he about to be ? bad ? .

Given the t/s post, the kid prolly gonna spend most his bread on cars, clothes and clubbin
  • ICame4Pussy
    ICame4Pussy Members Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I live in a 4 bdrm 2 bath apt, for 389 (utilities included), but its basically free for me. ;)

LIES or you live in a crackhouse
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    A lot of money? No.

A lot of money for a ? who is 18 years old? Yes.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Very common.

On the real marley marl, I feel some kinda way now knowing you're light skinned. You just somehow seem less authentic.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

I live close to my campus (no, not school housing), so the rates are pretty low around here. I think the highest rate is somewhere around 465 for 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. Hell no I dont live in section 8. (Not that theres anything wrong with living on section 8. You gotta have shelter.). Where I live now, the apts are pretty nice.

I dont have to pay because someone pays for me..

who pays for your apt?
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I know he making good money for an 18 yr old
    thats the point of the thread to show u how the value of money changes
    as u get older. I felt the same way when I had a gig making 14.00 an hour.

yall right about the location,but Dallas and Atlanta looking real good with them low prices
    but being from chitown I would be bored plus in Chicago,I can get anywhere in the city
    1 Hour for like 5.00. even tho I got 2 cars.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I know he making good money for an 18 yr old
    thats the point of the thread to show u how the value of money changes
    as u get older. I felt the same way when I had a gig making 14.00 an hour.

yall right about the location,but Dallas and Atlanta looking real good with them low prices
    but being from chitown I would be bored plus in Chicago,I can get anywhere in the city
    1 Hour for like 5.00. even tho I got 2 cars.

And you talkin' about how he spends HIS money?
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    He is 18 making $16/hour. Man, if he starts saving 50% of each weekly check which he could do provided he lives at home, it will add up and he will be on a really great track.

Problem right here. If no one gives him direction or shows him how to save MOST people wont do it on their own. Its easy to say the rest because you are grown, have responsibilities and know the importance of saving but thats not the case for the average 18 yr old.
  • rose.amoureux
    rose.amoureux Members Posts: 2,046
    edited April 2011
    Options
    freehuey89 wrote: »
    who pays for your apt?

A friend of mine.
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    And you talkin' about how he spends HIS money?

I bought my 1st car as a favor to a freind he needed the dough after
    his divorce and I gotta hella good deal on it but the car kind of bring negative attention

and then I just had to comp that 2010 camero
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »
    Given the t/s post, the kid prolly gonna spend most his bread on cars, clothes and clubbin
    Yeah, which is why I did say he could. A lot of youths would do it this way. It's sad just knowing how much he could do for himself if he really knew how much it could benefit him in the future.
    On the real marley marl, I feel some kinda way now knowing you're light skinned. You just somehow seem less authentic.

Never said I wasn't. I've posted my complexion in the past but apparently my posts have been dark skinneded. But okay.
    major pain wrote: »
    Problem right here. If no one gives him direction or shows him how to save MOST people wont do it on their own. Its easy to say the rest because you are grown, have responsibilities and know the importance of saving but thats not the case for the average 18 yr old.

Absolutely.
    If he lacks that direction and that bug in his ear advising him to be responsible with it he most likely blow it like many teenagers do. Forget teenagers, even 20+ year olds don't manage their money well and bring it in just to have it out of their checking account for anything but necessities. He most likely won't get the true sense of what those savings could do until he is older with a lot more responsibilities on his plate. Even when a more experienced individual tries to put them on, they aren't trying to hear it. They just want to have fun and live what seems to be the "good life" now. IMO, the "good life" here in America comes as you become older and are able to live comfortably and do what you like without the stress of making rent.
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    He's 18....$2400 a month, give or take, isn't bad at all.
  • Guns
    Guns Confirm Email Posts: 1,504 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • f.cashflow99
    f.cashflow99 Members Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Depends how you use it, an income is an income.

If you smart you should think of the order you spend your money in like this order: Rent/Bills/Fun , but when i was younger it was Fun/Bills/Rent......which is why i have currently no income and back living with my moms tryna ressurect my pro soccer career on some government cheese.
  • opiie562
    opiie562 Members Posts: 962 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    BP OIL SPILL FACE Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    $16/hour in the state of Ohio would be living big time!
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited April 2011
    Options
    $16/hour in the state of Ohio would be living big time!

$10.00hr in the state of ohio would be living big time