So what shall be the end of all these things?

Options
DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
"For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch." Malachi 4:1

Wha'cha got for that day man?

Comments

• damnkp
    damnkp Members Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    hopefully on my way to Heaven
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited May 2011
    Options
    damnkp wrote: »
    hopefully on my way to Heaven

Well if you believe in Jesus Christ you have a guaranteed ticket! Praise Al-Mighty ? !
  • damnkp
    damnkp Members Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    yessir i do believe in Jesus Christ
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    "For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch." Malachi 4:1

Wha'cha got for that day man?

For that day, ima probably have me a
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Heaven is subjective
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited May 2011
    Options

Hallelujah!
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Heaven is subjective

Can you please elaborate my friend?
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

behold, the confession
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Well if you believe in Jesus Christ you have a guaranteed ticket! Praise Al-Mighty ? !

Not true.

The Devil believes also. He bears witness but just won't submit like 99% of the Christians.

Quit telling that lie that all you have to do is believe. That damnable heresy was started by the Church of Rome to justify wickedness that they were doing. This then morphed into selling indulgences and granting remission of sins then into all you got to do is believe (never actually change or do anything). The Mafia made great use of this.

Poor Modern Day Christians have been spoon-fed this nonsense while they continue to carry out every abomination under the sun after hearing the Word. Preachers deliver the word to give the flock an emotional catharsis experience while tickling their ears with feel good messages and tales of glory, while never encouraging them to change and adjust their lives according to the word, because they don't want to lose members and more importantly money. And the preacher instead of helping them overcome these issues will wink at them.

Sad thing is that these things we indulge in is what is keeping us back. I went to my grandmother's funeral and this ? had the nerve to condemn Buddhist, Muslims, and Jehovah Witness to hell, while he had a ? choir director, deacons banging the flock, multiple time baby mama's, and host of other madness. I was like dude are you serious?
    I am not condemning them but this type of behavior that we don't need if we are going to survive the end times.

Belief alone accounts for nothing if it is not put into practice.
  • The True Flesh
    The True Flesh Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

AMEN!

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth
    Job 19:25
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited May 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Not true.

The Devil believes also. He bears witness but just won't submit like 99% of the Christians.

Quit telling that lie that all you have to do is believe. That damnable heresy was started by the Church of Rome to justify wickedness that they were doing. This then morphed into selling indulgences and granting remission of sins then into all you got to do is believe (never actually change or do anything). The Mafia made great use of this.

Poor Modern Day Christians have been spoon-fed this nonsense while they continue to carry out every abomination under the sun after hearing the Word. Preachers deliver the word to give the flock an emotional catharsis experience while tickling their ears with feel good messages and tales of glory, while never encouraging them to change and adjust their lives according to the word, because they don't want to lose members and more importantly money. And the preacher instead of helping them overcome these issues will wink at them.

Sad thing is that these things we indulge in is what is keeping us back. I went to my grandmother's funeral and this ? had the nerve to condemn Buddhist, Muslims, and Jehovah Witness to hell, while he had a ? choir director, deacons banging the flock, multiple time baby mama's, and host of other madness. I was like dude are you serious?
    I am not condemning them but this type of behavior that we don't need if we are going to survive the end times.

So if being born-again is not sufficient for salvation, how do you explain Jesus words to Nicodemus in John 3:3?

Also, can you tell me how one is born again into the kingdom of ? . Thank you.
  • The True Flesh
    The True Flesh Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Not true.

I understand the point you're making, but ultimately.......

I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. Jeremiah 17:10

.......Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. John 18:37

And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed ? , and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of ? . James 2:23
  • And Step
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So if being born-again is not sufficient for salvation, how do you explain Jesus words to Nicodemus in John 3:3?

Also, can you tell me how one is born again into the kingdom of ? . Thank you.

Well you were talking about belief not being born again. I said mere belief accounts for nothing unless it is carried into practice.

Jesus was speaking of or to a condition that plagues many people today . Obviously Nicodemus had belief to a degree because he came to see him and seek counsel
    even though he was a member of the priestly class that opposed him. He and the Rich man wanted to hold on to their fame and fortune above what he was offering them. This is an impediment for most of us because we hold on to certain things that we know are hindrances to us. Whether it be excess love of money, fame, vaginal luxuries, etc.

Belief is the precursor to being born again. You can tell belief by what you do and manifest. If you believe then a change comes followed by works that bear witness to belief.
    The meeting you highlighted in scripture continues on and talks of works good and evil (John 20-21) that are the hallmark of being born again.

Want to be born again? Make a change. Lip profession, getting dunked in a pool, or going to church just does not cut it.
  • And Step
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I understand the point you're making, but ultimately.......

I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. Jeremiah 17:10

.......Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. John 18:37

And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed ? , and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of ? . James 2:23

Interestingly, you bring up Abraham. Abraham did works that testified of his belief. Up to even sacrificing his own son for the cause. The principle is what would you be willing to give up that bears witness to your belief?

See, a lot of people say they believe in this and that, but what is the proof? Jesus spelled it out in Matthew when he said you would be mocked, cast into prison, some eveb killed for what you believe in. Can you stand firm, when people come against you? Or will you recant like Peter? I'm not talking everyday common negros. I'm talking against people with power.

This is why I say most Christians are not that way. They are so immersed in this world, people with power cosign them.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Well you were talking about belief not being born again. I said mere belief accounts for nothing unless it is carried into practice.

Jesus was speaking of or to a condition that plagues many people today . Obviously Nicodemus had belief to a degree because he came to see him and seek counsel
    even though he was a member of the priestly class that opposed him. He and the Rich man wanted to hold on to their fame and fortune above what he was offering them. This is an impediment for most of us because we hold on to certain things that we know are hindrances to us. Whether it be excess love of money, fame, vaginal luxuries, etc.

Belief is the precursor to being born again. You can tell belief by what you do and manifest. If you believe then a change comes followed by works that bear witness to belief.
    The meeting you highlighted in scripture continues on and talks of works good and evil (John 20-21) that are the hallmark of being born again.

Want to be born again? Make a change. Lip profession, getting dunked in a pool, or going to church just does not cut it.

I guess I need to be more clear when I talk because being born-again constitutes belief in the Lord Jesus Christ according to my worldview. But Yeah, I agree with you. Belief is the precursor to being born again. Once a person is born from above through faith in Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit in-dwells the believer and enables the believer to produce good works.

And yes lip profession, water baptism, or going to church doesn't mean that a person is a true born-again believer. That's why ? commands us to judge nothing before the time, since only He can see the heart. Matthew 7 deals with everything we've been discussing.