We Are Young Money

Options
dat_bk_nicca
dat_bk_nicca Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭
edited December 2011 in The Reason
Both Young Money and Eminem made a huge impact on The Billboard 200 this week, putting hip-hop back on the top of the charts.

We Are Young Money, the debut album from Lil Wayne’s protégés, landed at the no. 9 position after its first week on shelves. The group, which consists of Drake, Nicki Minaj, Jae Millz, Gudda Gudda, Mack Maine, Tyga, Lil’ Chuckee and Lil Twist, managed to move 142,100 units, according to the Nielsen SoundScan.

With the re-release of Eminem’s highly successful Relapse album coming out last week, Shady earned a tremendous bolster on the charts. Not only did Em rise 83 spots to no. 11, but the Detroit Lyricist received a 713 percent increase in sales. While it is unknown how many copies of Relapse: Refill were sold, 127,600 copies of both discs were purchased this week. Overall Relapse has sold 1,694,500 units since entering the charts last May.

The Black Eyed Peas continue their unstoppable reign on the charts by climbing three slots to no. 15 this week. The E.N.D. picked up 104,100 in stats this go-round, making its 29-week sum 1,739,600.

Jay-Z crept back into the Top 40 this week, after ascending 10 spots to no. 32. The Blueprint 3 must have been a last minute Christmas gift from plenty of parents, as the LP garnered 58,700 in sales. After 16 weeks BP3 has a total tally of 1,489,900.

Gucci Mane just made the Top 40 this week, as his new album The State Vs. Radric Davis landed at the no. 39 spot. Despite sliding down two notches, the Atlanta rapper actually received a 2 percent bump in sales. Fans bagged up 42,200 of Guch’s CD this week, making the incarcerated MC’s three week total 173,400. —Max G

with all the hype surrounding drake, nicki minaj and of course lil wayne, these ? debuted at number 9, not even the top 5 but number 9, does the ic consider that an L?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    have ya heard the album.. its a bunch of wack freestyles over beats with no direction..
  • im2fly
    im2fly Members Posts: 429
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Its a wack group. What did you expect.

Drake shouldnt ? with them.

yeah I feel the same way... but I did listen to the album... his verses are the only bright spots.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited December 2009
    Options
    For such a wack album it did decent numbers by todays standards.
  • ambiguous1
    ambiguous1 Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    havent heard it wont listen to it

but if these are a bunch of new cats, and their doing better than a lot of Vets right now

not a bad look

i can only imagine how terrible this is tho
  • biggar
    biggar Members Posts: 1,190 ✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Drake needs to seperate himself from that crew.
    They're watering his ? dowwwn
  • 5th Letter
    edited December 2009
    Options
    biggar wrote: »
    Drake needs to seperate himself from that crew.
    They're watering his ? dowwwn

To be honest Drake isn't even the best in the crew.

Jae Millz>>Drake
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »

Jae Millz>>Drake

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Maybe in a freestyle battle. Mills can spit his ass off but as far as crafting a song, subject matter, and in the near future making a quality album I dont think he's on drizzys level. Anyway nah its not a flop its just aiight. Wayne needs to drop some of these lames. Mack maine, chuckie, and twist ? ass need to all go. Millz, Tyga, Nicki(that ? has a swag to her flow), and Millz are the team. Gudda spits an occasional decent verse but he's trash to. I hope these ? know anything to hot daddy birdman is swipin from they ass, lmao @ all the songs drake crafts and makes the hook to that miraculously end up being birdmans songs
  • 5th Letter
    edited December 2009
    Options
    WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Maybe in a freestyle battle. Mills can spit his ass off but as far as crafting a song, subject matter, and in the near future making a quality album I dont think he's on drizzys level. Anyway nah its not a flop its just aiight. Wayne needs to drop some of these lames. Mack maine, chuckie, and twist ? ass need to all go. Millz, Tyga, Nicki(that ? has a swag to her flow), and Millz are the team. Gudda spits an occasional decent verse but he's trash to. I hope these ? know anything to hot daddy birdman is swipin from they ass, lmao @ all the songs drake crafts and makes the hook to that miraculously end up being birdmans songs

I aint gonna deny Drake's talents, but lyrically Millz is tough and is lightyears ahead of Drake in that department, in terms of song making thats a learned trait and something Millz can work on and I'm sure being around Wayne has taught him some things. I think with the right push Millz can blow.
  • boom
    boom Members Posts: 2,083 ✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    the best out of young money, is tyga.. (other than wayne)
  • Marcys13
    Marcys13 Members Posts: 57
    edited December 2009
    Options
    idk...? was what it is. One of the very few group albums that actually got released. Mack Maine, Jae Millz, and Drake showin nice skill on there
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited December 2009
    Options
    How is this a l fa ym when they outsold da gggggay-unit second group lp n da 1st wk this is a win fa weezy cuz he ? 'd on da muuunkey again roger that!,,..lol
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited December 2009
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »

Jae Millz>>Drake
    Maybe 2-3 years ago. Millz fell off..probably because he was ? with Lil wayne. Weezy brings out the worst in everybody.

but fi you wanna be real, those aren't bad numbers at all....with how albums are selling these days and it being a rap compilation album and all. The best selling rap comp (Ruff Ryders Vol 1.) only sold like 1.8 million.
  • KillaCham
    edited December 2009
    Options
    boom wrote: »
    Tyga is garbage. WTF?
  • Ace Boon
    Ace Boon Members Posts: 880 ✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    that cd ? my xmas up. ? is rubbish
  • iStayWinnin
    iStayWinnin Members Posts: 129
    edited December 2009
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    Tyga is garbage. WTF?

Co-sign...? must be high
  • Tha Originator
    Tha Originator Members Posts: 277
    edited December 2009
    Options
    tht CD was was wack but they dont take an L
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2009
    Options
    the album is pretty solid..it's better than 50 cent album
  • prodphetic
    prodphetic Members Posts: 55
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the album is pretty solid..it's better than 50 cent album

hmmm....and your name is Young_Souf_Money... you part of their street team or something ?

and yes its an L cuz they caught a BRICK. next week's numbers will be even less. 142K was off of xmas sales.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited January 2010
    Options
    prodphetic wrote: »
    hmmm....and your name is Young_Souf_Money... you part of their street team or something ?

and yes its an L cuz they caught a BRICK. next week's numbers will be even less. 142K was off of xmas sales.

how is 142k a brick?....ym sold mo then da 2nd ggggggay-unit group album tos aka talez of snitchz when u outsell da muuunkey & da gggggay-unit thatz a win fa weezy & da ym camp!....
  • ChillaDaKilla
    ChillaDaKilla Members, Banned Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Young Money is the hottest crew right now but then again who's challenging them? Grand Hustle is more of a loose affiliation of rappers on a label than it is as a crew. CTE actually has slightly better rappers and go harder than YM. Gucci's crew is lyrically worse than YM but they're beats are better.
  • KillaCham
    edited January 2010
    Options
    LOL @ 146k first week being a brick... ESPECIALLY a rap compilation album in the economy we have now. Xmas isn't doing ? for sales this year if your name isn't Susan Boyle or Andrea Bocelli. Real talk.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the hate is stong in the reason..... welcome back i guess
  • prodphetic
    edited January 2010
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    how is 142k a brick?....ym sold mo then da 2nd ggggggay-unit group album tos aka talez of snitchz when u outsell da muuunkey & da gggggay-unit thatz a win fa weezy & da ym camp!....

.......why you gotta bring bugz-monkey into this ?? LMAO
    ChillaT wrote: »
    Young Money is the hottest crew right now but then again who's challenging them? Grand Hustle is more of a loose affiliation of rappers on a label than it is as a crew. CTE actually has slightly better rappers and go harder than YM. Gucci's crew is lyrically worse than YM but they're beats are better.

hottest ??......wow. do you listen to hip-hop music ?
  • prodphetic
    edited January 2010
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    LOL @ 146k first week being a brick... ESPECIALLY a rap compilation album in the economy we have now. Xmas isn't doing ? for sales this year if your name isn't Susan Boyle or Andrea Bocelli. Real talk.

Killa i respect what you're saying but I say it because of Wayne, Drake & even Nicki being attached to it. Hell even with two or three other rappers on there (as I understand Millz, Gudda Garbage & Tyga have regional fan bases) they should've SOLD more.

[to be fair i hate them all except Drake]
  • West Brooklyn II
    West Brooklyn II Members Posts: 124
    edited January 2010
    Options
    boom wrote: »

this is the best shock post I've seen in a long time