That chopper that crashed during the Osama raid? Yeah, that was a STEALTH HELICOPTER.

Options
Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in The Social Lounge
Yes, so strange how a helicopter crashes after a world famous commando raid and nobody can get any solid details on it, and Obama doesn't say ? about it. Wonder why that is.

article-1383482-0BE1F64C00000578-142_634x471.jpg

Stealth-helo-tail.jpg

Ohhhh. I see. Something they tested at Area 51.

They managed to ? Pakistani airspace, hover for 40 minutes, and flee undetected towards Afghanistan until the very last minute.

And now, pictures of the wrecked helicopter that crashed in Osama bin Laden's compound may shed new light on how Navy SEAL raiders snuck into Abbottabad without alerting Pakistani forces - by using secret 'stealth' helicopters.

Pictures of the downed chopper's heavily damaged tail section bear a striking resemblance to the smooth angular design of other stealth aircraft and have left aviation experts struggling to identify the unknown machine.

The pictures have left aviation experts scratching their heads, with several concluding it must be a new, as yet unknown helicopter design.

'No wonder the team tried to destroy it.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1383482/Osama-Bin-Laden-dead-Did-US-forces-use-stealth-helicopters-raid.html#ixzz1LS6Ggat5

Secret's out, so a Air Force vet breaks kayfabe:

The helicopters that flew the Navy SEALs on the mission to ? Osama bin Laden were a radar-evading variant of the special operations MH-60 Black Hawk, according to a retired special operations aviator.

The helicopter’s low-observable technology is similar to that of the F-117 Stealth Fighter the retired special operations aviator said. “It really didn’t look like a traditional Black Hawk,” he said. It had “hard edges, sort of like an … F-117, you know how they have those distinctive edges and angles — that’s what they had on this one.”

In addition, “in order to keep the radar cross-section down, you have to do something to treat the windshield,” he said. If a special coating was applied to the windshield it is “very plausible” that would make the helicopter more difficult to fly for pilots wearing night-vision goggles, he said. The helicopters carrying the SEALs arrived over the bin Laden compound at about 1 a.m. Monday local time. One crash-landed in the courtyard and was so badly damaged it was unable to take off again.

That crash landing might have been caused by a phenomenon known as “settling with power,” which occurs when a helicopter descends too quickly because its rotors cannot get the lift required from the turbulent air of their own downwash. “It’s hard to settle with power in a Black Hawk, but then again, if they were using one of these [low-observable helicopters], working at max gross weight, it’s certainly plausible that they could have because they would have been flying so heavy,” the retired special operations aviator said, noting that low-observable modifications added “several hundred pounds” to the weight of the MH-60, which already weighs about 500 to 1000 pounds more than a regular UH-60 Black Hawk.

The special operations troops on the bin Laden mission destroyed the stricken aircraft — most likely using thermite grenades — but the resultant fire left the helicopter’s tail boom, tail rotor assembly and horizontal stabilizers intact in the compound’s courtyard.

Photographs of the wreckage taken the next day raced around the Internet, creating a firestorm of speculation among military aviation enthusiasts because the tail of the helicopter did not resemble any officially acknowledged U.S. military airframe.

This was to be expected, the retired special operations aviator said. “Certain parts of the fuselage, the nose and the tail had these various almost like snap-on parts to them that gave it the very unique appearance,” he said. He and another source referred to the disc-shaped device that is seen covering the tail rotor in the photographs as a “hubcap.”

If the radar-evading technology worked, it “would be a true statement” to say that the use of the low-observable Black Hawks was evidence that the United States gave Pakistani authorities no advance warning of the mission, the retired special operations aviator added.

The low-observable program started with AH-6 Little Bird special operations attack helicopters in the 1980s, said the aviator. During the 1990s U.S. Special Operations Command worked with the Lockheed-Martin Skunk Works division, which also designed the F-117, to refine the radar-evading technology and apply it to the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment’s MH-60s, he said. USSOCOM awarded a contract to Boeing to modify several MH-60s to the low-observable design “in the ’99 to 2000 timeframe,” he said.

Initial plans called for the low-observable Black Hawks to be formed into a new unit commanded by a lieutenant colonel and located at a military facility in Nevada (AREA 51), the retired special operations aviator said. “The intent was always to move it out west where it could be kept in a covered capability,” he said.

USSOCOM planned to assign about 35 to 50 personnel to the unit, the retired special operations aviator said. “There were going to be four [low-observable] aircraft, they were going to have a couple of ‘slick’ unmodified Black Hawks, and that was going to be their job was to fly the low-observables.”

SOCOM canceled those plans “within the last two years,” but not before at least some of the low-observable helicopters had been delivered to the Nevada facility (AREA 51), the retired aviator said. “I don’t know if it was for money or if it was because the technology was not achieving the reduction in the radar cross-section that they were hoping for,” he said. In the meantime, MH-60 Black Hawk crews from the 160th’s 1st Battalion, headquartered at Fort Campbell, Ky., would rotate to Nevada (AREA 51) to train on the stealthy aircraft, he said.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/05/army-mission-helocopter-was-secret-stealth-black-hawk-050411/

050411tns-downed-chopper-800.JPG

lol reverse engineered alien technology clearly

ht_copter_crash_3_jef_110504_wg.jpg

^^^ - that's the pakistani's dragging the tail rotor away with a tractor (lol) so that they can sell it to china

Comments

• bootsy_jenkins
    bootsy_jenkins Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    This thread will self destruct in 10....9....8
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    actors and stuntmen ....it has to be.......
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So, Soooo true.. I thought that woulda been on Obama's or someones mind in government to speak on it further
  • Swiffness!
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm interested as to how many of these choppers they have. The guy in the article claimed they cancelled plans to build alot of them, but they obviously don't just have 4.

(they had another 2 backup choppers in Pakistani airspace, which came in handy when one crashed. Obama's idea, supposedly.)
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Wonder what other type of ? our gov has
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

nothing they wouldnt tell you about...
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ? looks like a stealth tin can.....how many people fit in that ? ? one midget?
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

Alot...

More ? then most ppl will ever know until they are needed to be used
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

they got metal gear
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I thought they burned the helicopter so they couldnt get the technology, the story changes every day
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    obviously they should have used one of the thousands of UFOs at Area 51 they got from reverse-engineering those alien spacecraft instead of using these breakable helicopters
  • Swiffness!
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I thought they burned the helicopter so they couldnt get the technology, the story changes every day

You ever see Black Hawk Down? They throw a bunch of grenades into the cockpit of the plane, so that most of the chopper (and the most high tech ? ) is destroyed. Obviously, this means that some of the tail section will survive. And completely destroying the rest via say, missiles or bombs, was not an option.
  • Guns
    Guns Confirm Email Posts: 1,504 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    they got metal gear

That'd be soo dope!!!
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It is whatever they tell you it is.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    they tail looks dope.
    I want to see those mechanical spy birds they're designing
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So this was one of those elusive "black helicopters" that "Conspiracy Theorists" have long talked about??

But, but, those people have no credibility.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »
    So this was one of those elusive "black helicopters" that "Conspiracy Theorists" have long talked about??

I dont follow...It was no secret that the gov't was building a stealth helicopter
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ahmadinejad-jihad-my-ride.jpg
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    Our main Prioroty when securing our downed birds is to remove any all data and radios. The radios hold encrypted data which process our radio signals. Same with what you all would call computers. Those internal PC's hold troop and enemy locations and movement.

That is all sensitive info. We don't care bout the bird itself, just what's inside.

I'm willing to bet that our Troops stripped it down before abandoning it.

So yes, essentially, the Movie BHD was to keep our radios and PC's safe...

kinda takes all the mystique out of it huh?

No one want's to acknowledge true posts lol

Not to mention, this didn't look like a normal copter, it does look like one that can slip under radar and possibly the sound is some how muffled. I heard on CNN they said that they were testing heli's that sound like they were "leaving", meaning the sound of the heli's sounded 'far' or 'drowned out' so that gave an impression of safety, thinking that they weren't there or near by.

What the people of Pakistan recovered isn't that big of a deal, they don't have the brains to piece together what it would be made of or how it was made.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »

there's a chance there's a difference between "helicopters modified with existing technology" and "? BLACK HELICOPTERS THAT SPY ON ME IN MY HOME CONSTANTLY"
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    there's a chance there's a difference between "helicopters modified with existing technology" and "? BLACK HELICOPTERS THAT SPY ON ME IN MY HOME CONSTANTLY"

helicopters modified with existing technology" can be used to "SPY ON ME IN MY HOME CONSTANTLY."
  • dreadlock rasta
    dreadlock rasta Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    See im so fly, shawty think I really fly a stealth, but im so paid shawty, I can really buy a stealth.....