So after Republicans Lose the 2012 Election Will Colin Powell to run in 2016???

Options
Fazeem_Blackall
Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
edited May 2011 in The Social Lounge
Honestly that will be the only way they can win unless some major ? pops up to shatter Obama or the country in the interim. Colin always said he would not run but Obama has proven that a Black man can do it without being assasinated(I hope I am not Jynxing ? by saying this). Colin will beable to get a lot of Conservative Blacks that only voted for Obama Because he was Black and the alternative was lame as hell. Discuss lets gets ome Social Head thoughts on these matters...

Comments

• phantom0900
    phantom0900 Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Blacks on blacks on blacks?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    they wont elect Colin Powell ... He clearly isnt the same Colin as we was during the Bush administrations, I think if he wanted to run he would have done it already anyhow
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    He's not nearly conservative enough to win the GOP nomination, not without causing riots at the Republican Convention anyway. He knew this when he chose not to run in '95. Conservative Crackas caught feelings back then just because he supported Affirmative Action. And that was *before* he came out as Pro-Choice.....or endorsed SATAN HIMSELF before the 08 election.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    He's not nearly conservative enough to win the GOP nomination, not without causing riots at the Republican Convention anyway. He knew this when he chose not to run in '95. Conservative Crackas caught feelings back then just because he supported Affirmative Action. And that was *before* he came out as Pro-Choice.....or endorsed SATAN HIMSELF before the 08 election.
    LOL but see that would be the reason they grab up Colin and they will pair him with a ultra conservative to give balance. The fact he supported Obama will be used to bolster his position amongst Minorities it would be the smartest move they could make if the GOP wants to be a serious threat in 2016...
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    No. He's not conservative enough to win a GOP primary bid, his stint with the Bush administration didn't help his image, he endorsed Obama and became a traitor in the eyes of many Republicans, and he'll be nearly 80 years old in 2016.
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Won't he be a fossil?
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Won't he be a fossil?

In 2016 he'd be older as a hypothetical candidate that Reagan was when he finished his second term.
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    In 2016 he'd be older as a hypothetical candidate that Reagan was when he finished his second term.

Black don't ?
  • Daniel Plainview
    Daniel Plainview Members Posts: 895
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Black don't ?

campaign slogan
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    campaign slogan

lmao

but i dont think colin really wants anythign to do with the republican party at this point
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    doubt after the Bush administration made a mockery out of him. I don't think he wants to play that game anymore
  • Daniel Plainview
    Daniel Plainview Members Posts: 895
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lmao

but i dont think colin really wants anythign to do with the republican party at this point

probably not. hes not too happy about what the Bush years and Iraq did for his legacy