Want to know what rap artists hate when receiving beats?

Options
loadedtaz
loadedtaz Members Posts: 5
edited May 2011 in Fresh Produce
Hey guys,

This week i've had the pleasure of getting to do an interview with Rain. You have probably already heard of him, or maybe even worked with him. For those who are not really sure what to do when sending out beats to an artist: this weeks interview is for you! Rain, known from MTV, Cory Gunz' militia gang, etc.., tells us all about which type of beats he likes and dislikes, what he hates when producers send beats, and a lot more!

Hope you guys enjoy the interview!

http://www.beatfreezer.com/Interviews/an-interview-with-rain

PS: He is also looking for beats. His email address is near the bottom of the interview

Comments

• money mob
    money mob Members Posts: 420
    edited May 2011
    Options
    What do you absolutely hate when a producer sends a beat to your inbox?
    I hate when producers send beats with tags on them. I do understand the purpose of tags on a beat but if the beat is hot I like to start working on it on the spot before I lose my idea rather than me having to contact them to remove the tag just so I can record a idea.

How can you lose your idea because of a tag? The format of the song is there and everything. Plus its nothing to just email the producer to tell him to send you the joint without the tag. That happened to me. Dude wanted a track of mine without the tag. He emailed me the request, I emailed him the track. Life is too easy to be complaining about that part.
  • money mob
    money mob Members Posts: 420
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ...nice website, btw.
  • Aime Antonio
    Aime Antonio Members Posts: 85
    edited May 2011
    Options
    money mob wrote: »
    What do you absolutely hate when a producer sends a beat to your inbox?
    I hate when producers send beats with tags on them. I do understand the purpose of tags on a beat but if the beat is hot I like to start working on it on the spot before I lose my idea rather than me having to contact them to remove the tag just so I can record a idea.

How can you lose your idea because of a tag? The format of the song is there and everything. Plus its nothing to just email the producer to tell him to send you the joint without the tag. That happened to me. Dude wanted a track of mine without the tag. He emailed me the request, I emailed him the track. Life is too easy to be complaining about that part.

Ive wondered about this but its prolly different for every artists..U gotta have a good tag..I had a dude record directly on the song cuz he aint realize the tag was there.. he thought it was apart of the beat..LOL
  • loadedtaz
    loadedtaz Members Posts: 5
    edited May 2011
    Options
    thanks.

lol, that's the new thing though, using a tag as an "instrument" in the beat. lol
  • Wake N Bake
    Wake N Bake Members Posts: 59
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i know what you mean though, vybe, KA, and a lot of others ? blends into the beats pretty good and doesnt stick out like a sore thumb while still tagging the final product.. I've heard other ones that draw way to much attention away from the track itself and that could throw you off if they overuse it.. prime example DJ Ill Will and DJ Rockstar on every track theyve ever mixtaped..

and cosign on dudes post .. great site man, im lovin the concept of helpin people find serious artists to work with.. and its laid out and designed all clean n ? ..