The Skip Bayless Appreciation Thread

Options
Ibex
Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
So I'm watching First Take and once again Skip is hating, and I thought this dude is hilarious. The "Diabolical Hater" has no limits it is so funny, I have never seen him give credit to any player except Kobe or Tim Duncan. It amazes me where he draws his hate from, any type of ? shucking and jiving in any any sport and he will fry you. He is like that old white man from back in the day that was mad when they integrated baseball. I commend him for being able to look at anything in life and draw the hate from it.

skip-bayless.jpg

DSC00152.JPG

6a00e550088086883301127975408528a4-800wi

Comments

• TheGambinoLegacy
    TheGambinoLegacy Members Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yea i ? with skip. hes funny as hell to me. a lot of people hate him but i understand his gimmick or whatever and what hes all about. hes right a lot of the time, which is something i cant say for a lot of the so called espn experts.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yall should follow him on twitter, i stay laughin when he post ? on there
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    and when he be talkin about Lebron he be on some real ?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I can't call Skip Bayless a hater cuz he'll willingly give props to people who he openly dislikes when they do ? worthy of it...he just doesn't hold anything back when they ? up and do something he thinks is stupid...but I can't lie his LeBrick James commentary is funny as ? ...I wanna see him and LeBron sit down and have a 1 on 1 convo just to see what Skip Bayless says...
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yea i ? with skip. hes funny as hell to me. a lot of people hate him but i understand his gimmick or whatever and what hes all about. hes right a lot of the time, which is something i cant say for a lot of the so called espn experts.

Yeah he was right when he said Arod will never win a ship with the Yankees, right. He goes against the grain to be different, most of his stuff has no logic.
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    T-Rel wrote: »
    and when he be talkin about Lebron he be on some real ?

thats one of the main things I always agree with him on. He be on point about lebron
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I used to hate Skip, then i found myself agreeing with the guy a lot.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options

Skip doesnt be right a lot.....
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol props to the man with the brick
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    He makes a lot more sense than Stephen A. Smith, who still believes Allen Iverson is a top tier player.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Dude gets paid to disagree with the people across the table from him, he gets it right sometimes.. but most the time he sounds really foolish. Not knocking his hustle because I'm pretty sure he gets paid very well to argue the dissenting opinion...
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lebrick
    LeBronze
    Team Obliterator

Skip and Steven A was the best analysts ever on ESPN
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    He probably has the most knowledge when compared with all other ESPN analysts, but he blatantly hates some players and refuses to give credit to them.
    He's the same idiot that said TO's Super Bowl performance with the Eagles wasn't really that great.
  • DatGuyJ22
    DatGuyJ22 Members Posts: 1,093
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol @ that Nelly pic

Skip is that ? though, only reason I watch 1st and 10
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    HE annoys me because he tries too hard. I like Skip when he was annoying on accident. At least he was being real. Now he just goes out of his way to ? people off because that what is expected of him.

But Im guessing thats why they keep him around.
  • damon03
    damon03 Members Posts: 493
    edited February 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    Yeah he was right when he said Arod will never win a ship with the Yankees, right. He goes against the grain to be different, most of his stuff has no logic.

? Skip wasn't the only one to say that. Besides last year A Rod has never done ? in the postseason. Who would have thought for the first time in his career he would finally show up in the playoffs
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    HE annoys me because he tries too hard. I like Skip when he was annoying on accident. At least he was being real. Now he just goes out of his way to ? people off because that what is expected of him.

But Im guessing thats why they keep him around.

This is true. Ateast one time every show he'll start huffing and puffing without talking about anything really, and even he looks like he's trying to keep up his gimmick.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    damon03 wrote: »
    ? Skip wasn't the only one to say that. Besides last year A Rod has never done ? in the postseason. Who would have thought for the first time in his career he would finally show up in the playoffs

That tells me you don't know ? because Arod did hit in the playoffs for the Mariners and in 2004 UNTIL game 4. But you use Skip as your sports reference so that doesn't surprise me.
  • ya boi g
    edited February 2010
    Options
    That tells me you don't know ? because Arod did hit in the playoffs for the Mariners and in 2004 UNTIL game 4. But you use Skip as your sports reference so that doesn't surprise me.

lol... Exactly. How can you listen to a ? that never played any sports and probably didnt pay them any attention til he got on air at ESPN. Skip is wrong three to four times as much as he is right, and you can tell he really doesnt know what he is talking about when he is on first and ten.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I hate when that lame ass black dude with their weird colored suits or that other slow talking black dude who allegedly play NBA ball faces off against him. I prefer the two live stews or the black chick who looks like Charles Barkley.
  • TheGambinoLegacy
    edited February 2010
    Options

i said most of the time. hes right probably 8 out of 10.
  • TheGambinoLegacy
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »

lol... Exactly. How can you listen to a ? that never played any sports and probably didnt pay them any attention til he got on air at ESPN. Skip is wrong three to four times as much as he is right, and you can tell he really doesnt know what he is talking about when he is on first and ten.

wtf skip bayless was one of the biggest sports writers in the country for 30 years. how much do YOU know about sports?? he covered the Niners in their prime, cowboys, etc etc.

dude has earned his stripes bro
  • ya boi g
    edited February 2010
    Options
    wtf skip bayless was one of the biggest sports writers in the country for 30 years. how much do YOU know about sports?? he covered the Niners in their prime, cowboys, etc etc.

dude has earned his stripes bro

Ok..... Being a sports reporter means you can cover a sport, that doesnt mean you really know everything about the sport you are covering. Hell Skip sound like a reporter when he is debating on first and 10. All he does is throw out stats and just repeat ? he has heard other people say. Plus Skip is one of those in the moment people. ? said Tebow was a better runner and athlete than Charlie Ward..GTFOH. This ? was also writing off Moss when he was in Oakland, talking bout he is old and slow. Just repeating ? he heard other people say..... And whenever a former player/ player or coach is on there and challenges Skips knowledge of the game all he does is start fumbling his words and gets that dumb look on his face. This ? never played a sport or spent time in a locker room unles he had a reporters badge.

And what do I know about sports? Homie Ive played sports from about the time I was 7 up to the college level. I have a few friends and two cousins that played football in big time programs. We talk and debate about sports all the time cause thats just about all we know. Hell we always laughing at some of the ? Skip says. Plus I coached football and baseball for two before I went back to school. I know alot about sports homie.
  • TheGambinoLegacy
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »

And what do I know about sports? Homie Ive played sports from about the time I was 7 up to the college level. I have a few friends and two cousins that played football in big time programs. We talk and debate about sports all the time cause thats just about all we know. Hell we always laughing at some of the ? Skip says. Plus I coached football and baseball for two before I went back to school. I know alot about sports homie.

LMAO big deeeeeal. you and everyone else in the world.
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Skip Bayless is the best sports writer left on ESPN