Who is the greatest power forward of all time, Duncan or Malone?

Options
D.D.S.
D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
IMO, it's Timmy D.
He's clutch, makes his teammates better, has 4 championships, a great passer, a great defender, and has excellent footwork.
What do yall think???

Comments

• Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    1. Barkley

2. Rodman

3. Duncan
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ? that noise, ?
    even barkley said he 2nd to duncan
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    duncan is the goat
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Head to head Malone in his prime would have consistently out played Duncan, but the teams Malone was on could never pull it all together. Duncan will go in the books as having accomplished more and deservedly so, but having watched both, I think Malone's game was better.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    Head to head Malone in his prime would have consistently out played Duncan, but the teams Malone was on could never pull it all together. Duncan will go in the books as having accomplished more and deservedly so, but having watched both, I think Malone's game was better.

hold up, malone, gtfoh. Duncan is better than malone, how many times we see this ? malone fall short in the clutch
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    ? that noise, ?
    even barkley said he 2nd to duncan

Barkley said Kevin Mchale was the best player he ever played against so what the ? does quoting Barkley mean?
  • major pain
    edited February 2010
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    hold up, malone, gtfoh. Duncan is better than malone, how many times we see this ? malone fall short in the clutch

You might want to look at the numbers. Malone used to average close to 30 pts/game and was good for at least 10 rebounds a game, and a better FT and FG %. To date he has played 500 more games also...
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Duncan, Barkley, Malone....in that order IMO
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    You might want to look at the numbers. Malone used to average close to 30 pts/game and was good for at least 10 rebounds a game, and a better FT and FG %. To date he has played 500 more games also...

I say this all the time, stats dont mean ? , I know he used to average nearly 30 points a game at some point in his career, but so what. Zach Randolph averaged more points and rebounds last the past 2 years than tim duncan. So that means he better than him. NO. Malone never showed up in big games. All them games aaginst the bulls in the final, this ? wanna shoot fadeaway jumpers from the elbow inthe biggest games instead of goin to the rim
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    duncans the best PF i've seen
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Barkley is teh greatest talent wise Ive seen , but Duncan hasrings and folk will use rings to make guys better than they are. Bernard king was great as well and Moses malone. Karl Malone was great as well. Duncan hasnt had Jordan stealing his rings. if Jordan never retired Olajawon, and Drexler as well as Duncans 1st ring in 99bmay not have occured
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I say this all the time, stats dont mean ? , I know he used to average nearly 30 points a game at some point in his career, but so what. Zach Randolph averaged more points and rebounds last the past 2 years than tim duncan. So that means he better than him. NO. Malone never showed up in big games. All them games aaginst the bulls in the final, this ? wanna shoot fadeaway jumpers from the elbow inthe biggest games instead of goin to the rim

pippen to malone at the free throw in game 1 of the 97 finals, "the mailman don't deliver on sundays" malone proceeds to miss free throw
  • major pain
    edited February 2010
    Options

LOL.. "stats dont mean ? " What does mean ? if the numbers in the books dont? Some arbitrary "clutch" stat that no one can track? You talking about Zach Randolph averaged more points in 2 years... I'm talking about a CAREER. Consider the ERA Malone played in, then compare the era Duncan plays in. Right now the only PF that can be mentioned with Duncan is Garnett. A POWER FORWARD averaging 25 points is unheard of in this era and Malone did it for his career. Head to head Malone would have outplayed Duncan like he did every other PF in the late 80s and 90s.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    1.Duncan
    2.Barkley a 6'4'' PF leading the league in rebounding ??!!!?
    3.Malone
    4.Rodman again undersized and led the league in rebounding 7 straight times !
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    pippen to malone at the free throw in game 1 of the 97 finals, "the mailman don't deliver on sundays" malone proceeds to miss free throw

lol that of threw me off too, I might have laughed
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i am not sure since i didnt really see malone play outside of gettin beat by the bulls and playin wit shaq kobe and payton...but i will not say duncan is better....
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I want to say that Malone was a better PF because I watch Malone destroy PF one on one. From Mchale to Duncan to Garnett and even Barkley. But if I had to pick a PF for a game (not evolving Malone) I will pick Duncan. Mr fundamentals is still killing cats. There is no other PF that is more clutch and also more sound than Duncan. The mailman was a beast. And if you had to sculpt a PF from a mold. I would use Malone. Duncan to me is like a better Vladi Divac. A tougher Dirk. Malone is the mold of a PF. Duncan broke the mold.

Duncan
    Malone
    Barkley
    Mose Malone Or was he a center.
    Kevin Mchale
    Garnett

Dennis Rodman is overrated because he could not score for ? . What did he have a 4.8 PPG average?
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think Duncan is the best of our generation, not the best of all-time. Tim Duncan is reliable for the most quietest 20+ point and 10+ rebounds, and also can throw in a few blocks. The best moment I ever saw of Duncan was the playoff series with the Suns a couple of years ago, and they left him open on the 3-point line disrespectfully. The look on his face was priceless.

Malone's pick and roll with Stockton was unstoppable though, and just because he hasn't won a title doesn't make him any less valuable in my eyes. He was great as well, Barkeley was the best in his generation though.
  • ReppinBKtotheFullest
    ReppinBKtotheFullest Members Posts: 166
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Its duncan u could throw barkley in the convo too
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Duncan
    Barkley
    Malone
    Shawn Kemp (in his prime)
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Duncan
    Barkley
    Malone

Blasphemy, Kemp is one of the biggest disasters in sports history, such a waste of talent. Duncan is the GOAT
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Rodman is way to one dementional to be on anyone's list. I'd put Duncan over Malone because of the rings. Although Malone would probably have at least one ring if it wasn't for Jordan.
  • ToWn_DrUnK
    ToWn_DrUnK Members Posts: 1,018
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Duncan
    Barkley
    Malone

beside duncan damn to think jordan took a ring from them 3 lol messed up
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    Blasphemy, Kemp is one of the biggest disasters in sports history, such a waste of talent. Duncan is the GOAT

They ain't call him the reign man for no reason.
  • papa carajo
    papa carajo Members Posts: 23
    edited February 2010
    Options
    tim duncan. its not even close. hes the goat to play pf. hes in the all time starting 5.