ladies do you worry bout aging?

Options
Bussy_Getta
Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in The Powder Room
I do :(

that "black dont ? " got me shook, I use my eye creams and moisturizers religiously in hopes that ill stay on track

Comments

• Dainty
    Dainty Members Posts: 2,203
    edited May 2011
    Options
    nah not really, my mom is still gorgeous & she's 53 so I don't think I have anything to worry about.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    black women age so gracefully.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Nah

Both my parents look great for their age
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    my dad looks great for his age moms too but IDGAF im still trying to preserve my sexy
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    my dad looks younger than he is...I know we (me and the 4 other siblings) sucked the youth out of my mom so uh.... but yeah, I worry about getting older.

I still get carded so I guess I'm good for now.
  • dominique19
    dominique19 Members Posts: 295
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I think abt it from time to time but it doesn't worry me . Now that I'm older I realize things like nutrition and exercise and not stressing are probably the best things you can do to stay looking young. So I'm trying to improve upon these things in my life. Also I always wear suncreen. My mom 54 and could pass for 40. Hardly has any wrinkles. She says its bc she has always taken care of her skin. From the time I was old enough to walk she was always telling me "put on suncreen you know you fairskinned" lol
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Hell yes....but not obsessively. I have a better cleansing and moisturizing regimen than I used to..I need to get on the ball with trying to get in that Pico shape though!
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Nah, not at all. My family members look young as hell for their age so I don't think it's a problem. Usually white women are more worried about that because they wrinkle up quite a bit more than black women. And u got both sides Roscoe so :-/ idk...but then again u got that vanessa williams type swag so I think you'll be fine

And Kat looks spanish so she'll be aiight lol
  • kat2180
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Nah, not at all. My family members look young as hell for their age so I don't think it's a problem. Usually white women are more worried about that because they wrinkle up quite a bit more than black women. And u got both sides Roscoe so :-/ idk...but then again u got that vanessa williams type swag so I think you'll be fine

And Kat looks spanish so she'll be aiight lol

aww...thanks for trying to make me feel better DEE. lol
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    My mother has always looked at least a good decade younger than she actually was and no one believes her or my fathers age.
    I looked older when I was younger and still get carded from time to time and ladies, not even men, females young and old always look shocked when they find out my age. Just had a 19 year old and a 50+ year old tell me I look 22 (in the face) :)

I still can't stand the thought of aging and so I work out, drinks lots of water and moisturize, moisturize and moisturize.
  • akomax
    akomax Members Posts: 483 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I do :(

that "black dont ? " got me shook, I use my eye creams and moisturizers religiously in hopes that ill stay on track

u should worry u r not black ...
  • kat2180
    edited May 2011
    Options
    akomax wrote: »
    u should worry u r not black ...

She's half black.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    D-Jack wrote: »
    ^I'm 29 yrs old post*

Lol. Actually, no. But the older you become, every year you get deducted from your age counts. Lol @ people guessing my age and I'm all "YES!" and when I tell them my age they laugh. Some guy said I look 18 before :/ He must have been on something though.
  • sun03
    sun03 Members Posts: 44
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I"m not, my parents look great.

And I'm totally not trying to bring this up but if I was white/lighter complexion I'd be scared sh*tless. I dont think I've ever seen them age well.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    sMH @ this thread. I know one of you broads has an ugly parent or two. Same ? in every post...."my parents look young/great."
  • KinkyCurls
    KinkyCurls Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    NO my aunt is in her mid 40s and look like she is 20 dead ass.
  • BabyBugatti
    BabyBugatti Members Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I worry bout it.
    I hate wrinkles, especially laugh lines.
    I'm 17 and plan to get a lil 'tox here and there at 25, they say prevention is better that cure, so starting young is recommended.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    not necessarily because i'm still real young looking. one thing i've started noticing is that my hands get a lil drier so i have to moisturize a lot more. my skin overall seems like it a little drier. i just try to be more regimented with my skin care to keep it up.

like now i slather lotion on my hands and feet and put on gloves and socks be4 i go to bed. i stopped going to bed with my make-up on and have been more careful to not stress myself out, stress is a big factor in aging.

Lady @ the clinic told me to put A&D Ointment on my hands and wear gloves to bed. She was asking me if my hands hurt b/c they're so rough. I bought the A&D and never felt like doing the glove thing.

So I started putting the A&D on my ? after I baby powder my nuts when I get out of the shower. Then I tuck it away in some boxer briefs.

So yeah, you should try A&D Ointment before you glove up.
  • kat2180
    edited June 2011
    Options
    sun03 wrote: »
    I"m not, my parents look great.

And I'm totally not trying to bring this up but if I was white/lighter complexion I'd be scared sh*tless. I dont think I've ever seen them age well.

lol @ totally not trying to bring it up yet bringing it up.
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Moreno.S wrote: »
    I worry bout it.
    I hate wrinkles, especially laugh lines.
    I'm 17 and plan to get a lil 'tox here and there at 25, they say prevention is better that cure, so starting young is recommended.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*Andre 3000 voice*

" Dont do it, reconsider, read some liter........ature on the subject. You sure? ? it"