Can we all agree on this?

Options
DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
I'm already assuming that everybody (in their right mind) would agree that Cats and Dogs are more complicated than automobiles. Complicated as in regards to their creation, design, and action. With that being the case can anybody really tell me how a car can arise from nature alone, via a mysterious force: over millions or billions of years? Impossible right?

Comments

• Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    How can a ? arise 'from nature alone via a mysterious force'?

Complicated organisms evolve from less complicated organisms. Organisms with beneficial mutations are more likely to survive pass on those same mutations.
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »
    How can a ? arise 'from nature alone via a mysterious force'?

Complicated organisms evolve from less complicated organisms. Organisms with beneficial mutations are more likely to survive pass on those same mutations.

Our callow minds are not capable to comprehend a 'being' that needs no beginning nor end, that is beyond creation and so on, no words can really describe what is ?

most people that imply that simple organisms mutated in complexer organisms which is why everything is like it is dont realize that the planet earth and the universe is here just laughing at us because yes, we can explain why plants etc alot of creatures are the way there are anno 2011, but the most crucial aspects of them we cannot explain, therfor we really cant explain anything. If we cannot explain our origins, why should we ever think absolute about it?

saw some incredible docs of david suzuki the other day, about our brain(about how our brain evolved), ? blew my mind, basically, after years of study we only know what minor parts of our brain are doing, we dont know what 80% +- our brains are for.
  • Huruma
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »
    Our callow minds are not capable to comprehend a 'being' that needs no beginning nor end, that is beyond creation and so on, no words can really describe what is ?

most people that imply that simple organisms mutated in complexer organisms which is why everything is like it is dont realize that the planet earth and the universe is here just laughing at us because yes, we can explain why plants etc alot of creatures are the way there are anno 2011, but the most crucial aspects of them we cannot explain, therfor we really cant explain anything. If we cannot explain our origins, why should we ever think absolute about it?

saw some incredible docs of david suzuki the other day, about our brain(about how our brain evolved), ? blew my mind, basically, after years of study we only know what minor parts of our brain are doing, we dont know what 80% +- our brains are for.

I replied to this but my computer... just ? this ? ass machine.
  • Alkindus
    edited May 2011
    Options

lmao I know how you feel, it got lost when you tried to post it? thats ? up man lol
  • Huruma
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lmao I know how you feel, it got lost when you tried to post it? thats ? up man lol

What I said was that if we can't explain something, we should admit that we can't explain it. ? is an explanation. Just because we can't currently explain something doesn't mean that it's fundamentally unexplainable.

If ? is too complicated of a being to comprehend, on what basis can we assume his/her existence to begin with?
  • Alkindus
    edited May 2011
    Options
    What I said was that if we can't explain something, we should admit that we can't explain it. ? is an explanation. Just because we can't currently explain something doesn't mean that it's fundamentally unexplainable.

If ? is too complicated of a being to comprehend, on what basis can we assume his/her existence to begin with?

Because it is my ? , my perception and explanation, I study and have studied everything I can imagine, I do not put any book or person on a pedestale(not a follower of any faiths/religion), I'm a free man. I'm living my saga, you are living yours. I'm at college, people always talk about that theu are in week so and so, I live in week 1000+, think about it, when u are alone in your bed, sometimes death haunts you right? you then shake it of and go back to ur protective world you build(school,fam, think everything we made etc). Try to confront your fear of death....

I have experienced living with unlimited energy, things that if I would try to explain it to others I would look like the town's idiot, but I've noticed that once I reach(ed) enlightment through finding the balance between not being indifferent towards things while also not attaching myself to things...what is measurable and what is not.

to tell you the truth I'm of the track, I've grown accustomed to this earthly material living, the only thing I'm afraid of, is that I grow to accustomed to my car or potential new car etc and that I die staying ignorant like that, therfor not being worthy of whatever is after death.

look, study religions/philosophies etc all over the world, at one point you yourself will become enlightned, shake of ur ego etc(maybe you already did) and you will know your ? .

thats knowledge of self
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If your going to ask this question you might as well ask the other obvious one.

if a creator has to exist, then ? must have a creator
  • John Prewett
    John Prewett Members Posts: 755
    edited May 2011
    Options
    We/scientist examine living creatures. Incredibly complicated. Incredible variety. Many "moving parts"/organs that must grow and work in harmony. Replicating-seed-DNA etc. Plus our entire environment and solar system had to be "just so" to support life. Not too hot. Not too cold. Solar system-planets revolving around the Sun, .... came into being from a explosion ?

Whereas we cannot examine the "body" of ? .

Best we can imagine, ? is like a combination of intelligence and controlled energy.

Certainly "? " coming into being was an unexplainible miracle.

But I submit the "moving parts" life we can examine could not come into being sans Creator/intelligent input.

No way an original replicating living cell could assemble itself. Just like shaking around a box of bits of metal
    [or even real parts] will not cause a watch or TV to come into being. No matter how long you shake the box.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    We/scientist examine living creatures. Incredibly complicated. Incredible variety. Many "moving parts"/organs that must grow and work in harmony. Replicating-seed-DNA etc. Plus our entire environment and solar system had to be "just so" to support life. Not too hot. Not too cold. Solar system-planets revolving around the Sun, .... came into being from a explosion ?

Whereas we cannot examine the "body" of ? .

Best we can imagine, ? is like a combination of intelligence and controlled energy.

Certainly "? " coming into being was an unexplainible miracle.

But I submit the "moving parts" life we can examine could not come into being sans Creator/intelligent input.

No way an original replicating living cell could assemble itself. Just like shaking around a box of bits of metal
    [or even real parts] will not cause a watch or TV to come into being. No matter how long you shake the box.

LOL. You really tell it like it aint.

A living cell has and can replicate itself. That is what conception is. That seed finds the egg, forms a clot, begins to expand and multiply, systems develop, bones solidify, flesh covers the bones, then voila!

We examine the body of ? everyday. When I see another human being I am looking at the manifestation of ? . That intelligence and creative energy you speak about is not independent of matter. These things manifest through human beings.

? did have a Creator. It was himself. He was self created. If he wasn't then he wouldnt be ? , whatever created him would be. The process of conception bears witness to this. Once a seed is deposited in the ? , it takes over from there. All you have to do is sit back and watch.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm already assuming that everybody (in their right mind) would agree that Cats and Dogs are more complicated than automobiles. Complicated as in regards to their creation, design, and action. With that being the case can anybody really tell me how a car can arise from nature alone, via a mysterious force: over millions or billions of years? Impossible right?

Yes, the automobile arises through us. We were a very important part of the automobiles journey into creation. We are as much a part of nature as anything else within the universe.

As far as mysterious forces, I have yet to see anything be created by a mysterious force. We pretty much figured out or are discovering where things come from. Life is just a combination of molecules and energy and forces that all reside within nature, only they have come together in a specific way to created what we call life, but is still only a part of nature.

Then how can you be so sure that YOUR ? is the right ? , if you cannot comprehend his existence?
  • Chike
    edited May 2011
    Options

look, study religions/philosophies etc all over the world, at one point you yourself will become enlightned, shake of ur ego etc(maybe you already did) and you will know your ? .

thats knowledge of self

I can agree with this though.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Technically, anything humans make is natural:
    Nature, in the broadest sense, is equivalent to the natural world, physical world, or material world. "Nature" refers to the phenomena of the physical world, and also to life in general. It ranges in scale from the subatomic to the cosmic.
    So yeh, cars arose from nature alone, after billions of years.
  • Chike
    edited May 2011
    Options

This example always makes me laugh.... what basis are we to say this planet is "not too cold or not too hot?" Because WE can live on it? What if there are creatures out there where this planet might be way to hot for them, or way too cold? There are warm blooded and cold blooded animals on this very planet.... this proves that LIFE grows and adapts to the planet/environment, the planet/environment does not adapt to or FOR life. There could be a species of life on another lava like planet somewhere, where those creatures gain nutrients from magma and their molecular structure can handle that temperature.... but if they came to earth, they'd die because it's way too cold for them.

Once you get rid of the mentality that this is the only life in the universe, you'll be able to open and expand your mind to how things work and how we could have come into existence. Earth is only in the perfect position for US to have come into existence, but the lava worms on the planet magma in the andromeda galaxy would not be able to have come into existence the way they did had they been on earth.

(the underlined is not a real species as far as I know, it was just a hypothetical example. Just incase someone comes in here and thinks I'm serious about a lava worm species)
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited May 2011
    Options

Would you agree that a computer is a intelligent creation of mankind? If so, how much more intelligent is a human being which created the computer? Yet, I never hear of people claiming that computers evolved over the course of millions/billions of years through natural selection. DNA is extremely more complex than binary code, but yet the world says DNA came from a non-intelligent source. :confused:

Yeah that makes a lot of sense:rolleyes:
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited May 2011
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    If your going to ask this question you might as well ask the other obvious one.

if a creator has to exist, then ? must have a creator

If ? has always been, how can He have a creator?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    Yes, the automobile arises through us. We were a very important part of the automobiles journey into creation. We are as much a part of nature as anything else within the universe.

As far as mysterious forces, I have yet to see anything be created by a mysterious force. We pretty much figured out or are discovering where things come from. Life is just a combination of molecules and energy and forces that all reside within nature, only they have come together in a specific way to created what we call life, but is still only a part of nature.

But yet all life has intelligent design. So how does intelligent design come from non-intelligence? How does nature make up DNA? Humanity makes code for our electronics and we would never say that a plasma TV just somehow appeared on the scene after billions of years of natural selection. But yet scientist scream at the top of their lungs that intelligence came from nothing. Yeah, that makes sense.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Would you agree that a computer is a intelligent creation of mankind? If so, how much more intelligent is a human being which created the computer? Yet, I never here of people claiming that computers evolved over the course of millions/billions of years through natural selection. DNA is extremely more complex than binary code, but yet the world says DNA come from a non-intelligent source. :confused:

Yeah that makes a lot of sense:rolleyes:

What in the ? are you doing? Why do you post this stupid ? ? Doesn't make sense at all man.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited May 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    What in the ? are you doing? Why do you post this stupid ? ? Doesn't make sense at all man.

People who believe in evolution say that nothing can produce something. With that being the case, how can a computer produce itself over the course of millions/billions of years?

If I took a computer and locked it in a room for 100 billion years by itself, and when I came back at the end of those 100 billion years to see if there was any change to the computer, would there be anything to see? Would the computer have evolved somehow into some higher life form?

The assumptions that people who believe in evolution hold on to are just absolutely ridiculous if you think about them critically.
  • toktaylor
    toktaylor Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    in reply to the t/s the car has "evolved" (in summary) from horse, to horse & buggy, to steam powered car to what we have now. All technology is mimicking the chracteristics of nature.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    People who believe in evolution say that nothing can produce something. With that being the case, how can a computer produce itself over the course of millions/billions of years?

If I took a computer and locked it in a room for 100 billion years by itself, and when I came back at the end of those 100 billion years to see if there was any change to the computer, would there be anything to see? Would the computer have evolved somehow into some higher life form?

The assumptions that people who believe in evolution hold on to are just absolutely ridiculous if you think about them critically.

No one is saying things like that evolve though, this is why you're not making sense and shows how stupid this thread is.

Life evolves, actual life, that can reproduce, breath, move, support, eat, feed etc.... Stop with all that other ? , that isn't logic, you're making NO sense man.
  • toktaylor
    toktaylor Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    No one is saying things like that evolve though, this is why you're not making sense and shows how stupid this thread is.

Life evolves, actual life, that can reproduce, breath, move, support, eat, feed etc.... Stop with all that other ? , that isn't logic, you're making NO sense man.

cosign..................
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited May 2011
    Options
    toktaylor wrote: »
    in reply to the t/s the car has "evolved" (in summary) from horse, to horse & buggy, to steam powered car to what we have now. All technology is mimicking the chracteristics of nature.

But a car did not magically evolve with out intentional design and ingenuity. So how could all of life have magically evolved without intentional design and ingenuity?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited May 2011
    Options

Now we are on to something. So if life produces life, than how is it possible for people to actually believe that life came from non-life? In other words how can nothing become something?
  • whar67
    whar67 Members Posts: 542
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Life reproduces.

This simple fact sets it apart from inanimate objects such as cars. Reproduction is the foundation of evolution.

If we examine living organism we see aspect of their complexity that undermine the design argument. For instance, living organism are needlessly complex (junk dna), have poorly design structures(human eye), and information for structures no longer used (genes for tails in humans). While looking at the world with our eyes we can be captivated by its beauty and complexity coming to understand that beauty and complexity lead inexorably to evolution and common descent.

I do not mind theist expressing the belief that ? created the universe however when they claim it is illogical, stupid, or ignorant to believe otherwise they expose themselves as fools. Literally thousands upon thousands of bright, competent, and passionate people have educated themselves and explored the concepts of biology, zoology, cosmology, anthropology, genetics, and physic. In the area of their expertise there is overwhelming acceptance of evolution, common descent, and big bang cosmology. It is hubris run amok to think these people all fools compared to your understanding of the fields they have devoted their lives too.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    whar67 wrote: »
    life reproduces.

This simple fact sets it apart from inanimate objects such as cars. Reproduction is the foundation of evolution.

If we examine living organism we see aspect of their complexity that undermine the design argument. For instance, living organism are needlessly complex (junk dna), have poorly design structures(human eye), and information for structures no longer used (genes for tails in humans). While looking at the world with our eyes we can be captivated by its beauty and complexity coming to understand that beauty and complexity lead inexorably to evolution and common descent.

I do not mind theist expressing the belief that ? created the universe however when they claim it is illogical, stupid, or ignorant to believe otherwise they expose themselves as fools. Literally thousands upon thousands of bright, competent, and passionate people have educated themselves and explored the concepts of biology, zoology, cosmology, anthropology, genetics, and physic. In the area of their expertise there is overwhelming acceptance of evolution, common descent, and big bang cosmology. It is hubris run amok to think these people all fools compared to your understanding of the fields they have devoted their lives too.

and what is the big bang