Racist tendencies

Options
Huruma
Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
I honestly can't help that I sometimes feel that White people are the cockiest, most obnoxious and amoral people on the planet. I've had just as many bad experiences with Blacks and other people of color and I respect many White people but there's something about racial and ethnic differences that can drastically exacerbate conflict or tension. I know that it's not rational but the urge to group them together or associate Whiteness with all the characteristics that I dislike that possibly most of the ones I've interacted with have (ie. rude, indifferent to how their behavior affects others, arrogant, cold/uncaring, judgmental etc. ) can be overwhelming sometimes.

Does anyone else feel the same way (I don't just mean about White people but Black people if you're White/non-Black, Latino people if you're not Latino etc.)

Comments

• Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It just means your not grown yet comrade

a independent spirit is beyond foolish generalisations, or deceptive perceptions of the human race.

everytime you get those tendencies, think about that.

just start hating the reprehensebility of ignorance.....
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »

a independent spirit is beyond foolish generalisations, or deceptive perceptions of the human race.

I've been trying to control my prejudice for almost 4 years and I've improved a lot but, to some extent, I think it will always be a part of my personality.
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »
    I've been trying to control my prejudice for almost 4 years and I've improved a lot but, to some extent, I think it will always be a part of my personality.

lol maybe a bit cliche but try not to control it and dont think to much about your personality, the good people dont know that they are good people, they just are.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »

It would be prejudiced and ignorant if we made judgments before the fact. But we have thousands of years of history to verify said outlook. Doesn't mean I would mistreat them.

You ? need to stop with this utopian colorblind nonsense. That is only practiced in one nation. Fantasy land.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    It would be prejudiced and ignorant if we made judgments before the fact. But we have thousands of years of history to verify said outlook. Doesn't mean I would mistreat them.

You ? need to stop with this utopian colorblind nonsense. That is only practiced in one nation. Fantasy land.

Sad to say but true.

I personally treat people I meet as individuals, but I don't blame some who don't, out of bad experiences. It doesn't make it right, but I feel I can understand to a degree.

If anyone has a right to hate a group of people, Black people certainly have a case to make. I don't hate anybody though.
  • John Prewett
    John Prewett Members Posts: 755
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I honestly can't help that I sometimes feel that White people are the cockiest, most obnoxious and amoral people on the planet. I've had just as many bad experiences with Blacks and other people of color and I respect many White people but there's something about racial and ethnic differences that can drastically exacerbate conflict or tension. I know that it's not rational but the urge to group them together or associate Whiteness with all the characteristics that I dislike that possibly most of the ones I've interacted with have (ie. rude, indifferent to how their behavior affects others, arrogant, cold/uncaring, judgmental etc. ) can be overwhelming sometimes.

Does anyone else feel the same way (I don't just mean about White people but Black people if you're White/non-Black, Latino people if you're not Latino etc.)

I honestly can't help that I sometimes feel that Black people are the cockiest, most obnoxious and amoral people on the planet.

And the only way I can keep that feeling from dominating me is to remind myself that Black people differ

just as White people differ and "all have sinned"..... and that ALL ? 's children "love one another."

[ball game not over yet]

The problem has never been White people or Black people. The problem is hateful stupid people and they come in all colors.
  • NastyNasty
    NastyNasty Members Posts: 747 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The racial constructs of North American society are ? with your head.

What personality traits, interests, beliefs, politics, etc. define a "good" person to you?

Are there white people who fit this?

Black people?

Others?

Ok, so seek out those people and have a nice life.
  • And Step
    edited May 2011
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    IMO Here's an POV that many black people will never see/understand....of course racial tendencies don't exist in there world? right? ? !....playing both sides against the middle ground is part of SOME black peoples ideologies.

How ironic that "black activist" Joanne Chesimard's escape brought her to the Marxist wonderland of Cuba, where racism against the Black population is so systemic and institutionalized that "in a statement issued in November, luminaries including Princeton professor Cornel West, actress Ruby Dee and director Melvin Van Peebles criticized the Communist government for its increased violations of civil and human rights for those black activists in Cuba who dare raise their voices against the island’s racial system."

Interestingly, one who DOES NOT raise her voice against Cuba's racial system is Joanne Chesimard. Apparently, even cowardly, low life cop killers know where there bread is buttered.

LOL. That doesn't excuse American racism and oppression, duke.

I have been to Cuba. They are light years ahead of America in racial matters. Those so-called luminaries with the exception of Ruby Dee, are suspect and don't really have a track record that suggests they should be taken seriously.

Cornell West- Ivory tower ? militant. Super Black who jumps from Ivy League to Ivy League school talking that Black ? while working for the bastions of white supremacy.

Melvin Peebles - King of Blaxploitation movies who has done more than anyone to promote racial stereotypes

It's funny how white boys love to throw up somebody elses perceived racism as though that excuses there. Cuba sends doctors to Africa and other nations free of charge. They offer free medical training to black students all over the world. They even offered assistance to the Katrina Victims but the US turned them down even though they did nothing. My friend has a daughter who just completed her doctor training in Cuba.

Cubas violations pale in comparison to Europe and America. You have no moral authority to speak out against some other nations racism, white boy.

LOL
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Act all outraged, get upset and starts making up ? excuses and defends when someone talks about "racist whites". The logical, more educated and common sense way of thinking would tell you that if you are not racist then you would ignore it, only a person with racist views would get all mad and ? over that term.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    white folks sure do make some nice foliage
  • And Step
    edited May 2011
    Options
    This white boy doesn't/don't need to, when others like this (below) can do it much better.

I just threw that in there to mess with you.

A report released on Wednesday by Human Rights Watch on the human rights situation in Cuba takes the government of President Raúl Castro to task for, among other things, jailing those without jobs. The report cited the cases of dozens of people charged with “dangerousness” for being unemployed.

I have seen people in Cuba who live and don't want to work. They are still taken care off. This is the danger of communism. It makes alot of people lazy. Should they be charged? I don't know, that is their business. But I do know that you can be thrown in jail in America for not getting a job and you owe child support or you are on parole, so what is the difference? That is hypocritical, B.
    “A person is considered to be in a state of dangerousness due to antisocial behavior if the person … lives, like a social parasite, off the work of others,” the report quoted Cuba’s Criminal Code as saying. Joblessness can be illegal in Cuba but, at the same time, losing one’s job is sometimes used as a punishment by the government, said the report, titled “New Castro, Same Cuba.” Those regarded as enemies of the state, the report said, are routinely fired from jobs, denied other employment and levied with fines, all of which put a significant financial burden on their families. …

This is basically what you advocate all the time on this board. Did you read the actual report? Or did you use the redneck scholarship method? Did you actually look up Cuban laws to see what they said on that subject or are you fine with quotes without context?

Enemies of the state in the US are imprisoned, not fined, many are executed. That is most hypocritical, B.

Just because people don't do things the way crackers don't like does not mean they are wrong.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    WOW! the irony of your point.....so if a white persons opinion don't fit into the ideology of some black peoples overall perspective...they should just ignore it? huh? I always thought there were two sides to every story?

You fit the exact type of person I was talking about in my post. For person who claims not to be racist you sure hell love to make essays defending them.
  • bankrupt baller
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lol heyslick how did you find this website?
  • And Step
    edited May 2011
    Options
    "And therefore whoso seeks the truth Shall find in no wise peace of heart."

"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not."
  • bankrupt baller
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Purely by accident.

thats what i figured
  • zoepian
    zoepian Members Posts: 991
    edited May 2011
    Options
    "And therefore whoso seeks the truth
    Shall find in no wise peace of heart."

out of everything he said.. u only saw the word ? huh??
  • zoepian
    zoepian Members Posts: 991
    edited May 2011
    Options
    WOW! talk 'bout blinded by your bias.....how in the ? dd you get '? ' out of that simple little quote? BTW I guess when black people cannot face the truth....the old race card is always there to save them.?

i wasnt talkin about ur quote.. i was talkin about his last statement for u before u posted that quote as a response cuz u couldnt response wat he had to say about cuba and all that.... nobody is tryna hide behind no race card rite here...

smh at u using the race card as ur counter to anything everybody has to say about race.. if someone says white or black.. u claim race card...
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I don't associate with white people. I'm forced to associate with them at my job. But I can't see myself actually being friends with one.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    interesting thread...
  • OFWGKTA
    OFWGKTA Banned Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

its nice to hear a black man saying he has racist thoughts about whites. its usually always the black man complaining about how these crackers are racist. props to you.
  • OFWGKTA
    OFWGKTA Banned Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I don't associate with white people. I'm forced to associate with them at my job. But I can't see myself actually being friends with one.

white t.v executives put martin back on the air. so kiss are ? feet
  • John Prewett
    John Prewett Members Posts: 755
    edited May 2011
    Options

Notice you have Martin Lawrence poster avatar. NATIONAL SECURITY was a great movie. Very revealing re black racism. Laughed my butt off.
  • Go figure...
    Go figure... Members Posts: 1,471 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    theres ignorant people in ALL races. i dont consider myself racist, but i know a lot of white people to be pretty damn racist, even tho they seem 'cool' around diff races.

as for my experiences with black people, there are many who will treat u with hospitality when u enter their home, look out for u when u need em and never even bring up the issue of race if it is uncalled for. whereas i have white friends who's parents arent as welcoming to having other people in their home. of course theres exceptions on both sides, just speaking on my experiences.

on the other hand me being white and having a black gf, when we are in mostly white areas the worst we'll get is ? looks but no one really gets in our way (i wonder if that would be the case if i was a black man with a white girl?). in a black area, theres more than a fifty percent chance (based on my experiences) someone will make a direct remark and a few instances where i almost got into a fight minding my own business with my lady by my side. some will try and holler at her right in front of me then get whiny offended and ? when i got somethin to say. im pretty sure in my case this only happens cuz im white and the ignorant people who DO decide to do these things figure ima keep my mouth shut or wont be able to whoop somebodys as if needed. my gf never recalled having this issue when she had a black bf.

again tho, this is all my experience. and because of the experiences i've had i know that there are ignorant people of EVERY race, and cool people of EVERY race. we shouldnt judge individuals as a group. it does seem tho that living in america black ppl deal with discrimination much more than whites on a regular basis and sometimes i think i would be racist if i was black in america, thats just me tho....
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Feelings aren't real.
  • todaynow
    todaynow Members Posts: 21
    edited June 2011
    Options

I feel the same. It seems as though they always have to "prove" they are superior somehow. They have a lot of envy, self-hate, and insecurity dwelling inside of them. They always have to have the "upper hand" in everything. They crave power and control and will do anything to get it and maintain it. Always through manipulation, deception, brainwashing, or violence. They know how they are and many people do as well whether they want to admit it or not. That makes me believe that there is something inherently wrong and/or lacking inside of them as evidenced by their behavior. I've never witnessed any other race behaving the way they have in the past and present. Its very sickening. I do think the majority of them have an inferiority-complex. I'm not disrespectful to anyone but I would NEVER go out of my way for them.

If I didn't have to be around them, I wouldn't.