Speaking in tongues

Options
Huruma
Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Even though I'm not a Christian, I've always wondered what this might feel like. It must be a deeply spiritual, beautiful experience. Has anyone on here spoken in tongues before?

I have no idea if she's saying actual words (beginning around 25 sec.) or if it's just echolalia but it would be great if they invented non-addictive, safe drugs that could trigger the kind of spiritual feelings that meditating monks, tongue speakers etc. talk about.

Comments

• Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Gtfoh ..............
  • melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    why don't you just meditate or practice pranayama..plus whatever you focus your mind on will become your reality through your red blood cells.
  • melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    Gtfoh................................

i take pride in being on different wavelengths than you..
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    That ? ain't speaking in tongues

Speaking in tongues means being able to deliver the message to people in different walks of life. You wouldn't talk to the brother in the street the same way you talk to the one in the Boardroom. Every body has a language that is unique to them. Speaking in tongues represent the conveyance of that message in a particular way.

How come people can only do that ? when they are in Church? What ? inspiration only exists from 11-2 on Sunday's?

How come they never break out and speak in tongues at their jobs? Because they know they would get fired and they are on that ? .
  • Huruma
    edited May 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »

Speaking in tongues means being able to deliver the message to people in different walks of life. You wouldn't talk to the brother in the street the same way you talk to the one in the Boardroom. Every body has a language that is unique to them. Speaking in tongues represent the conveyance of that message in a particular way.

How come people can only do that ? when they are in Church? What ? inspiration only exists from 11-2 on Sunday's?

How come they never break out and speak in tongues at their jobs? Because they know they would get fired and they are on that ? .

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/07/health/07brain.html
  • And Step
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »

What does this have to do with what I said? My man you should read the articles when you post them. Did you even take time to read the article? Basically, what it said was (gasp!) there was mental activity.

Matter of fact, from the article

Dr. James A. Coan, a psychologist at the University of Virginia. “So it’s not so clear what that finding says” about speaking in tongues.
  • Huruma
    edited May 2011
    Options
    What does this have to do with what I said? My man you should read the articles when you post them. Did you even take time to read the article? Basically, what it said was (gasp!) there was mental activity.

Matter of fact, from the article

Dr. James A. Coan, a psychologist at the University of Virginia. “So it’s not so clear what that finding says” about speaking in tongues.

I'm not saying that ? is making them speak in tongues but the impression I had was that you were trying to make it seem as though they were consciously 'faking' it because it was expected of them.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    T/s need a fade
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    T/s need a fade

and some ?
  • And Step
    edited May 2011
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    and some ?

Damn...

Judah whats up, you eat some meat today?
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    T/s need a fade
    judahxulu wrote: »
    and some ?

lmao...

but yeah that ? is fake as hell. i think when the bible made mention of speaking in diverse tongues, it meant actual languages... not that ? babbling being practiced in SCC churches.
  • judahxulu
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Damn...

Judah whats up, you eat some meat today?

lol..absolutely not. just telling it how i see it.
  • judahxulu
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Is ? considered meat?

only if u break skin and actually consume the vaginal flesh
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

Good post............
  • zoepian
    zoepian Members Posts: 991
    edited May 2011
    Options
    take lsd............
  • judahxulu
    edited May 2011
    Options
    wait. what? lol

So is all meat juice ok? n/h

my rule of thumb is: "if u have to say no ? , then maybe u shouldnt say it".
  • And Step
    edited May 2011
    Options
    wait. what? lol

So is all meat juice ok? n/h

C'mon ether. Change you effin avi. Don't nobody want to see that ? .
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

Pretty much came in here to say this.