What ya think about Tim Tebow re-working his throwin motion?!

Options
MillzOG
MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
edited February 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
i think it aint really gonna matter, hes gonna have to put on some ridiculous performance at the Florida pro-day if he wants to improve his draft stock even alittle bit...

Comments

• smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Changing a life long tendency in only a month is going to be very difficult.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You just don't change what's natural to you like that, he is tryna take aspirin for a broken leg. lol Dude has so much ? going against him; he is slow, no arm strength, slow delivery,no accuracy, never played in a drop back offense, played with the best skill players in college,etc. Tebow was a system player in college imo;he will eventually end up where all Gators qbs end up, the play by play booth.
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lmao @ takin a aspirin for a broken leg....

but yea, he cant throw but if this actually works i'd give him all the props in the world....but more than likely he wont be ? in the NFL and the Jaguars would be the most ? team ever if they draft Tim Tebow in the 1st round like it has been said they would
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    his windup reminds me andre woodson's. ? takes all day for him to get the ball from behind his ear to actually releasing the pass
  • adorable thughighnes
    adorable thughighnes Members Posts: 1,788 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I hope he fails big time. I want him to get a starting job and go 2-14 with 4 td's and 24 int's
  • dneez0228
    dneez0228 Members Posts: 29
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It will take more than just fixing his throwing motion to make him a good NFL QB. So I really don't think it will be enough.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    he still will be a career back up at best; but tebow is the type of player that is so determined i wouldn't put it past him to get in an nfl game and light it up 1 time in his career and have people consider him being a full time starter
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Changing a life long tendency in only a month is going to be very difficult.

Exactly. Its going to be hard to chage something youve been doing all your life. Once you learn how to throw, thats basically how you thow. They tried for years to change Leftwich, and he still throws the same.

But I saw this coming after the senior bowl. I knew he would go out and hire someone to work with.

? Shitman wrote: »
    his windup reminds me andre woodson's. ? takes all day for him to get the ball from behind his ear to actually releasing the pass

You talking about dude that played at KTY? Dude was pretty good. What happened to him?
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Honestly dude would be better of learning how to block and run routes, thats where his future if he has any is at the NFL level. There is just no way that you can fix something hes been doing since high school in a matter of weeks. I think this makes urban Myer look kinda bad too though, I mean it was pretty obvious that Tebow had bad mechanics throughout his college career, yet nothing was done to fix it. If your a top QB with pro prospects do you really want to play for a coach like that?
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This is a despiration move.
  • adthatsme312
    adthatsme312 Members Posts: 144
    edited February 2010
    Options
    hes not gonna start his first year, so he'll have a while to work on his delivery. In the right system n bein groomed, he can be a serviceable QB.
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    still gon be a bust
  • DatGuyJ22
    DatGuyJ22 Members Posts: 1,093
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    Exactly. Its going to be hard to chage something youve been doing all your life. Once you learn how to throw, thats basically how you thow. They tried for years to change Leftwich, and he still throws the same.

But I saw this coming after the senior bowl. I knew he would go out and hire someone to work with.

You talking about dude that played at KTY? Dude was pretty good. What happened to him?

The Giants drafted him but cut him this season
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »

got drafted by the giants then cut. then the skins picked him up but i think they cut him too. i thought he was going to be a solid nfl QB until i saw him in some preseason games with the giants. his release is just too slow. by the time he's ready to release the ball, the pass rush is in his face.
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I hope he fails big time. I want him to get a starting job and go 2-14 with 4 td's and 24 int's

Lol damn.......
    txboi_09 wrote: »
    Honestly dude would be better of learning how to block and run routes, thats where his future if he has any is at the NFL level. There is just no way that you can fix something hes been doing since high school in a matter of weeks. I think this makes urban Myer look kinda bad too though, I mean it was pretty obvious that Tebow had bad mechanics throughout his college career, yet nothing was done to fix it. If your a top QB with pro prospects do you really want to play for a coach like that?

i hate that florida offense, and yea if i were a top QB prospect i wouldnt go there as long as Urban Meyer is the coach
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If I was a scout it would put up a red flag. Changing it implies that even you think it's something wrong with it.

Rivers never changed his chicken wing throwing motion and scouts just said, "? it...guess thats how he throws." Tebow shoulda just stuck to the script.

But maybe it will work for him?
  • adthatsme312
    adthatsme312 Members Posts: 144
    edited February 2010
    Options
    sTaY_TrUe wrote: »
    still gon be a bust

how can a low 2nd or 3rd rounder be a bust. A bust is a first rounder
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Its just like when Tiger Woods changed his golf swing. He struggled at first but then became better because of it. Tebow can successfully change his throwing motion and I applaud him for trying. Look Tebow might not ever amount to anything in the league but a promise you it wont be because he didn't give it 110%. You have to respect the man for going after his dream and giving it everything he's got. I understand the hate Tebow gets because the media slobs all over him but I also understand the appeal he has to people. I wish him well and with repetition he can change his motion. I still think he is a work in progress and a team should use a second or third rounder on him and let him sit and learn and develop. If he is developed properly he can be very good but the same can be said about any QB coming out. He has a earned a right to get a shot at playing QB in the league for sure though.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    it could work I remember Aaron Rodgers had a ? release and it improved between his senior season and when he became the starter
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Its just like when Tiger Woods changed his golf swing. He struggled at first but then became better because of it. Tebow can successfully change his throwing motion and I applaud him for trying. Look Tebow might not ever amount to anything in the league but a promise you it wont be because he didn't give it 110%. You have to respect the man for going after his dream and giving it everything he's got. I understand the hate Tebow gets because the media slobs all over him but I also understand the appeal he has to people. I wish him well and with repetition he can change his motion. I still think he is a work in progress and a team should use a second or third rounder on him and let him sit and learn and develop. If he is developed properly he can be very good but the same can be said about any QB coming out. He has a earned a right to get a shot at playing QB in the league for sure though.

You can't change accuracy or arm stregth
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i give him props for at least working on it, who knows it might work out for him
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    You can't change accuracy or arm stregth

Exactly his release was not the only knock against him. Even with his "fixing" his release he simply doesn't have the arm strength or accuracy of an NFL QB. He doesn't know how to read a Defense because that offense in FLorida really didn't ask him to do anything like that. That offense Florida runs is just horrible as far as anything translating to the NFL, I just dont see him making it as a QB.