these crackas is furious that Common is performing at the White House.....

Options
Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in The Social Lounge
They seriously acting like Michelle invited Gucci or Styles P to the White House lmao

The invitation of rapper Common to the White House this week is drawing the ire of the union representing New Jersey state police....

For New Jersey police, the outrage centers on "A Song for Assata" lyrics like "Your power and pride is beautiful. May ? bless your soul."

======================

For Sean Hannity, by inviting Common at the White House, President Obama is "back to his radical roots". Seriously? I don't even know if I have to feel sorry for this ? or laugh at him.

He went on to say that Common also attended Rev. Jeremiah Wright's church (Breaking news to Sean Hannity so did Oprah Winfrey and many others). Later he had some sort of Token black on to back up his theory on the Obamas suggesting that Common being invited to the White House is part of "Class And Ethnic ... Warfare".

=======================

The White House on Wednesday defended the decision to invite the hip-hop artist Common to a celebration of poetry hosted by President Obama and his wife, Michelle, saying they disavow some of the rapper’s controversial lyrics but accusing critics of blowing the issue out of proportion.

“He’s spoken very forcefully out against violent and misogynist lyrics,” press secretary Jay Carney told reporters, adding that Mr. Obama has strong support for the nation’s law enforcement.

Saying his lyrics are dangerous, the head of New Jersey’s state trooper union publicly blasted the White House’s decision to include Common in its poetry event.

=======================

Drudge has an ominous looking link to a video where Common spits: “Tell the law my Uzi weighs a ton … I hold up a peace sign but I carry a gun", which really scares Drudge's readership because they don't get the Public Enemy reference and don't like lyrics that promote gun ownership apparently.

And to top it off:

But roughly half-a-year ago, Fox News had a different tone about Common. In an October 2010 report for FoxNews.com, reporter Jason Robinson interviewed the "rap legend" and told him, "your music is very positive. And you're known as the conscious rapper. How important is that to you, and how important do you think that is to our kids?"

Glenn Beck and Palin also weighed in on this hot issue. But who cares what they think.

Comments

• bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    im actually pretty calm.....its 4:00 only 1 more hour untill work is over.....im not furious at all
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I cant think of a more tame rapper they could have invited to the WH.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

will smith
  • Makaveli__23
    Makaveli__23 Members Posts: 11
    edited May 2011
    Options
    *Yeah,I wonder if the whitehoue will reject him after this.

Common is the man.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    well since he's there, he may as well drop the line

"Why is Bush trying to act like he trying to get Osama? Why dont we impeach him and elect Obama?"
  • still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

Just the fact that he's a rapper ? them off
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    still-SBP wrote: »
    Just the fact that he's a rapper ? them off

What really ? them off is that black man that gets to LIVE in the white house...not the one visiting
  • The BAPHOMET
    The BAPHOMET Members Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    so ? still getting shocked and appalled that white folks find a way to be mad at Obama, ?

I'm more appalled at ? that act shocked at white people always disagreeing with a colored

• Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    who cares about common or obama..... or racist white people's opinions? it's not like common is going to rap about freeing his people or anything....
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    These ? running the show are genius they know how to change the focus of the news cycle at will, drum up drama using a simple wedge issue like race. ? MSM, I stopped watching WWE years ago.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

how you gonna call common tame when you gave him head?
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ^^^ funny. these dumb broads and the groupie love they have for Common is entertaining. I hate how Common is now the poster child for "enlightened hip hop". I hope it isnt true that he has spoken out against "misogynistic" lyrics though because he and everyone else is guilty of it.

Big ups to the White House for the invitation and sticking by thier decision. I honestly believe that the NJ police do have a reasonable case, but they're going about it in the wrong manner and they are blowing it out of proportion. It's tough situation. Like when the Chicago police protested against a street being named in honor of Fred Hampton. I can see the logic of both sides. I mean we are talking about alleged crooks/terrorists here, Shakur and Hampton. But then again, the cops were crooks too back then (and sometimes now too).

If Ronald Reagan can welcome Eazy E, then they sure as hell can welcome Common.
  • sniperk
    sniperk Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    This reminds me of when that ? Bill O'Reilly had KRS-ONE on his show and kept trying to quote the lyrics of '100 guns' to try and paint the Teacha as a "gangster rapper". Of course he was never going to quote "You Must Learn" or any of the 100s of positive verses KRS had spit over the years.

When you think of some of the most vile world leaders that the White House has entertained over the years, Common is the LEAST of their worries.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    If Ronald Reagan can welcome Eazy E, then they sure as hell can welcome Common.

That was Bush Sr.
  • Plutarch
    edited May 2011
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    That was Bush Sr.

Oops, I stand corrected. Then what's up with that Game line from "Dreams"?: Who walked through the White House without a business suit/
    Compton had jheri curl drippin on Ronald Reagan's shoes

Go Eagles but D-Jax is one cocky young ? , heh I hate that ?
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Eazy-E >>>>>>>>>>>> Common
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    just checked this out on the daily show and the factor. funny stuff.

of course jon stewart showed vids proving fox are clowns and o'reilley just against rappers & ? in general.

nothing serious
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Common is almost as boring as obama
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    They seriously acting like Michelle invited Gucci or Styles P to the White House lmao
    rappers i wish they had invited to the White House instead of Common:
    -Gucci
    -Styles P
    -eh, almost anyone else
    Plutarch wrote: »
    Oops, I stand corrected. Then what's up with that Game line from "Dreams"?: Who walked through the White House without a business suit/
    Compton had jheri curl drippin on Ronald Reagan's shoes
    well, the thing is that Game is kind of an idiot. he also seems confused as to when the album 2001 was released
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited May 2011
    Options
    LOL @ "radical roots"....

"May Day" got these fools clamoring for anything! ROFL
  • Plutarch
    edited May 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    well, the thing is that Game is kind of an idiot. he also seems confused as to when the album 2001 was released

haha wow, that's funny. damn, Game. That's the last time I trust a rapper for my American history education.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    how you gonna call common tame when you gave him head?

gaddamn....... augie just shows up, drops ether, and disappears for a year
  • MisterZone4
    MisterZone4 Members Posts: 22
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So...........where's the news story in this?
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ES-BEE wrote: »
    so ? still getting shocked and appalled that white folks find a way to be mad at Obama, ?

I'm more appalled at ? that act shocked at white people always disagreeing with a colored

yeah Im so surprised when crackas act according to their nature.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Let Obama invite Immortal Technique...then come talk to me

lol.....

Oh, and ? them crackers....they just mad