Racism or Fair??

Options
zoepian
zoepian Members Posts: 991
edited May 2011 in The Social Lounge
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42787476/ns/politics
Last weekend, several hundred right-wing political activists gathered for a rally in the German city of Cologne to protest the "Islamization" of the West and immigration policies that they contend threaten the "Western culture."

They included representatives of Vlaams Belang, a Belgian organization that changed its name and liberalized some of its positions after it was convicted of racism in 2004 by a Belgian court; the Freedom Party of Austria, a right-wing party formerly led by the late Jörg Haider, who was often denounced for seeming to praise some ? policies; and the National Democratic Party of Germany, which is classified by the Bavarian government as a right-wing extremist institution.

Also represented was a small but growing nonprofit U.S. organization called Youth for Western Civilization. The group, which bills itself as "America's right-wing youth movement," bannered a photo of the Cologne rally on its website this week, accompanying an account that declared that "we will not falter nor fail in our attempt for the defense of the Western homeland."

Youth for Western Civilization, which has chapters at only about 10 U.S. campuses, is just one of hundreds of conservative student organizations around the nation, far smaller than better-known college-based groups like Young Americans for Freedom and College Republicans.

But its influence is bigger than its size, drawing the attention of large numbers of admirers — and critics — since it began organizing three years ago. Thanks to its discipline in advocating a small number of simply stated positions and a new-media-savvy communications strategy, YWC may be radically refreshing the template for political organizing in American higher education.

YWC "popped up out of nowhere to become pretty important," said Heidi Beirich, research director of the Southern Poverty Law Center, a liberal human rights watchdog group. The SPLC, which plans to examine YWC and its positions in a report next month, has previously criticized YWC, documenting what it says are its ties to the white nationalist movement.

well the article barely mentions race.. but if u read between the lines u can tell its pretty much about race how they want to preserve the European culture...

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    "take back our country!!"
  • zoepian
    edited May 2011
    Options
    it aint yours homie...never was
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ... Yep..this is some tea party/minutemen ? .
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    zoepian wrote: »
    it aint yours homie...never was

are you countering my mocking cliche with your own cliche?
  • zoepian
    edited May 2011
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    GOOD........BTW I DON'T want the ? after you and yours destroy it IE by any means necessary.

i guess that only leaves outer space for yall huh? cuz Europe aint yours...

at least u accept we gonna take it from u.. by any means....
  • zoepian
    edited May 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    are you countering my mocking cliche with your own cliche?

not really my intention.. jud lettin u know it aint yours or mine.. didnt realize u were being sarcastic
  • zoepian
    edited May 2011
    Options
    GOOD........BTW I DON'T want the ? after you and yours destroy it IE by any means necessary.

anyway.. if i build something i have every right to destroy it,...
  • zoepian
    edited May 2011
    Options
    YEAH! most can see what you and yours can do to so many communities/cities....can you say Detroit? maybe E. Palo Alto aka little Nairobi YEAH you got the act/art of destruction dialed in brother.

never been to those places... but im guessin those are american ghettos.... but i wonder who was responsible for making those things come about? ur talkin about small communities or cities where a majority dont have a good education... but who is destroying the country? who is destroying Iraq, Afghanistan, Jamaica, and put those countries in the situations they are in today?? and those are only a few of the countries that are being exploited..
  • zoepian
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    yeah its fair

they should have the right to protest
    they may be a little intolerant, but you know if record numbers of white people were coming to iraq or iran the locals there would be mad as ? too

people dont like when immigrants come because they cant speak the language and new laws get made to accommodate the newcomers

In canada we arent allowed to have a Christmas tree or a nativity scene on government property because it is allegedly disrespectful, but i went to get a new health card last week and read a flyer with a quote from krisha the hindu ? which supported ? donation. They chose krishna because of the large hindu population in canada. You'd never see a quote from the bible on one of those flyers though. Sometimes it feels like the gov is promoting intolerance by forcing citizens to change their lifestyles just to accommodate new comers.

i see where ur coming from.. but America is not for Europe so they have no say as to wat should be preserved... jus like they say go back to Africa.. they should go to Europe if they wanna preserve wat immigrants and african slaves built... USA is an immigrant country since the day it was discovered.. so since they one laws were to accomodate new comers... the new irish, italians and so forth.... we fought for ours and got it as well... but that dont make the land ours...

all in all USA is the melting ? of the world.. think about it as an industry or factory of the world, where ppl from all over come to work for this factory.. they end up mixing and the culture changes from generation to generation, because it really isnt stable... everybody is mixing it up in the states... so to say it should be for one race or group is ? .. we all came together and built it, whether it was by choice or force....
  • zoepian
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Who's perpetuating the insanity? BTW that I inherited this mess has run its course. FYI most of the ME has been in the dark ages for centuries and the sooner the powers that be understand you can't change ANCIENT civilizations...the better off America will be.

did u avoid my question slick? is that why u call urself slick??
  • zoepian
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If you were accustomed to a certain way of life and it were being changed i doubt you'd take it with such a smile. Especially when language is involved. A large number of the Quebec population wants to separate from Canada because the French language is becoming superfluous over there due to all the English speaking immigrants who move there.

i see wat ur sayin.. but wat culture and/or traditions do Americans have thats not related to 4th of July or something political?? Miami is and hispanic city..Haitians who speak spanish, english, and french dont get the job as manager where as the hispanic gets the job without speaking a word of english..

at the beginning, America was lawless.. then little by little they would create laws for the more ppl coming in.. some ppl representing their groups rose to power and negotiated for their ppl.. new laws implemented to accomodate these new guys.. all thru out history.. we made a giant ass sign that says : send ur your poor and all that other good stuff.. this the land of opportunity and wat not.. traditions and cultures are constant in any other country except the USA because the USA really has no owner...

arent u hispanic?

i wouldnt take the change wit a smile.. it all depends on how its being done or wat is being changed.. but wat are these students crying foul about exactly? they realizing they are losing the power they once had.. and now they wanna fight for something which was never theirs to begin wit...
  • zoepian
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Spanish is now a national language in America. I know that is a recent change.

I dont live in the states so i dont know how it goes over there. Are there issues with this in terms of business? Are there stores that only speak spanish?

are people angry about that?

well, if u got to an insurance agency or even most govt agencies, u will always find 1 or 2 workers who dont speak a word in english... i mean its gets frustratin cuz u would think they egt the job based of credentials but its really based on ppl u know and if ur hispanic (in Miami)..

but haitians or other imiigrants in miami dont get mad.. black ppl i think get mad but not to the point of making groups and boycotting...

if anybody gets mad it will be white ppl.. but since u cant tell the difference between white ppl and cubans theres really no telling... the Cubans only lookin out for themselves... but they act n look white.. so u would mostly never know...
  • zoepian
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You're 100% right with that. It does seem to be white people who are the most concerned about change and the most opposed, primarily because they have the most to lose. However, it also isn't their country to decide who can stay and who can't as they are immigrants too.

If anything the native americans should be picketing to get everyone who isnt native the hell off their land

thats true.. but then america will jus be empty and a dessert.. u know wit my personality, if i was a Native, i would be one angry mufucka man...i would not be able to tolerate white ppl after reading my history... black are upset imagine how these guys should feel.. which is why they were all exterminated.. the europenas knew if they didnt then later down the line they would have the rights to claim back their lands... where as , africans , hispanics, and asians wouldnt have that right since we all came from the same boat...
  • zoepian
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ^ real talk.

The europeans were smart though, they wrote treaties entitling the natives to certain protected lands in exchange for alcohol and disease filled blankets.

That being said, these people protesting do not have contractual agreement on their side. they are not entitled to live in a english/belgian speaking language, and there are no documents indicating so. If they feel there are too many immigrants or that the culture/language barrier is too much, they can move. By protesting for these people to get out, theyre actually infringing upon these immigrants' rights.

yup, plus they are dry snitchin on their own racism
  • zoepian
    edited May 2011
    Options
    is racism illegal?

nah.. u cant make feelings illegal... wat proof would u have to claim someone is racist jus cuz u were denied something.... only acts of racism are illegal.. like beatin up a white man jus cuz he white and wat not.. burning crosses on black ppl's lawns mite be illegal but its not enforced as it should be..
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Who's perpetuating the insanity? BTW that I inherited this mess has run its course. FYI most of the ME has been in the dark ages for centuries and the sooner the powers that be understand you can't change ANCIENT civilizations...the better off America will be.

Not really accurate.

Dude there are countries in the Middle East that have more modern cities and conveniences than America. Matter of fact in many of these places, they have to hire foreign workers to service them because they don't work because they are that caked up.

Baghdad was more modern than most American cities. Not to even mention places like Dubai, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman. Certain segments are very poor like Yemen, Egypt, Jordan, but overall they are not backwards.

You would be like a caveman in some of these places. More so than you already are..........
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Baghdad was more modern than most American cities.

Well technically, Baghdad's golden age was like 6 centuries before the American Revolution. It was the world's greatest center of culture and knowledge for a while.

Then the Mongols showed up.

And destroyed EVERYTHING.

Destroyed the complex irrigation system that made Iraq's deserts green once. Destroyed the Grand Library of Baghdad, and dumped so many books into the Tigris river that the river itself turned black. Destroyed countless treasures. Looted the treasury. Slaughtered anyone who tried to flee. Baghdad laid in complete ruin for centuries. Iraq's agriculture NEVER recovered. Some argue Islam never recovered. Historians have compared it to dropping a nuke on Athens during the age of Aristotle and Plato.

The Moral of the Story: Don't talk ? to Genghis Khan's grandson unless you have a really big army to back it up.
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    notice how they said canada and australia this is political and surprise its close to election time again.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42787476/ns/politics

well the article barely mentions race..
    hard to tell since you only posted a link and no content
  • Drgoo0285
    Drgoo0285 Members Posts: 513 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i see where ur coming from.. but America is not for Europe so they have no say as to wat should be preserved... jus like they say go back to Africa.. they should go to Europe if they wanna preserve wat immigrants and african slaves built... USA is an immigrant country since the day it was discovered.. so since they one laws were to accomodate new comers... the new irish, italians and so forth.... we fought for ours and got it as well... but that dont make the land ours...

all in all USA is the melting ? of the world.. think about it as an industry or factory of the world, where ppl from all over come to work for this factory.. they end up mixing and the culture changes from generation to generation, because it really isnt stable... everybody is mixing it up in the states... so to say it should be for one race or group is ? .. we all came together and built it, whether it was by choice or force....
    you do know they are talking about Germany right?
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Well technically, Baghdad's golden age was like 6 centuries before the American Revolution. It was the world's greatest center of culture and knowledge for a while.

Then the Mongols showed up.

And destroyed EVERYTHING.

Destroyed the complex irrigation system that made Iraq's deserts green once. Destroyed the Grand Library of Baghdad, and dumped so many books into the Tigris river that the river itself turned black. Destroyed countless treasures. Looted the treasury. Slaughtered anyone who tried to flee. Baghdad laid in complete ruin for centuries. Iraq's agriculture NEVER recovered. Some argue Islam never recovered. Historians have compared it to dropping a nuke on Athens during the age of Aristotle and Plato.

The Moral of the Story: Don't talk ? to Genghis Khan's grandson unless you have a really big army to back it up.

We are talking about Baghdad as a modern city not their influence or geopolitical ramifications of Temujin's and the Mongols conquering in the middle ages.

Baghdad before and even after was one of the most advanced and beautiful cities in the world.
  • zoepian
    edited May 2011
    Options
    zoepian said this/thinks?

Do you even understand what this term means SOVEREIGNTY? IMO you're a absolute 'one world order' ? .

nah.. ur a ? idiot.. nobody sed the USA depends on any other country... but it is the spot where ppl fomr all other nations come to work for your bottom dollar and try to move up withing their own ranks... there are more immigrants than pure white ppl... and the immigrants, whtehr 1st or 2nd generation are doin all the hard labor to support the capitalistic agenda.. which is profit... smh at u thinking America is/should be, white pickets fences and happy white chillen runnin aroun the place without having to deal wit black ppl or any other race of ppl...
  • zoepian
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Drgoo0285 wrote: »
    you do know they are talking about Germany right?

Also represented was a small but growing nonprofit U.S. organization called Youth for Western Civilization. The group, which bills itself as "America's right-wing youth movement," bannered a photo of the Cologne rally on its website this week, accompanying an account that declared that "we will not falter nor fail in our attempt for the defense of the Western homeland."

Youth for Western Civilization, which has chapters at only about 10 U.S. campuses, is just one of hundreds of conservative student organizations around the nation, far smaller than better-known college-based groups like Young Americans for Freedom and College Republicans.

But its influence is bigger than its size, drawing the attention of large numbers of admirers — and critics — since it began organizing three years ago. Thanks to its discipline in advocating a small number of simply stated positions and a new-media-savvy communications strategy, YWC may be radically refreshing the template for political organizing in American higher education.

YWC "popped up out of nowhere to become pretty important," said Heidi Beirich, research director of the Southern Poverty Law Center, a liberal human rights watchdog group. The SPLC, which plans to examine YWC and its positions in a report next month, has previously criticized YWC, documenting what it says are its ties to the white nationalist movement.
  • Sh0t
    Sh0t Members Posts: 1,162
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Europe re-invaded the middle east with guns and bombs, the middle east is counter-invading with demographics. Fight on!
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options