Where will Kobe finish on the Alltime scoring list?

Options
MillzOG
MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
edited February 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
hes at 25,278 right now that is 14th and Kareem is #1 with 38,387....

i think he'll get into the top 5....Shaq is #5 with 28,249 and dependin on how much longer shaq plays, and i mean ya see how trash this ? is now so Kobe might be able to pass him

what ya think

Comments

• Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    1. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar* 38387
    2. Karl Malone 36928
    3. Michael Jordan* 32292
    4. Wilt Chamberlain* 31419
    5. Shaquille O'Neal 28249

Thats the top 5. I think he wants to pass Jordan so I'll say he makes top 3. If he goes 5 more years at 20 ppg, conservatively, that will put him in the 33,000's I believe
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Thats roughly a year and a half of games he'll pass shaq.. I think he will be top 3 at worst.. he can be number 1 all he has to do is average 25 .. if he does that(2050 pts per year) for 8 years in a perfect world playing all 82 games thats 16,400 more points on top of his total.. Which will have him surpassing Kareem..
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Thats roughly a year and a half of games he'll pass shaq.. I think he will be top 3 at worst.. he can be number 1 all he has to do is average 25 .. if he does that(2050 pts per year) for 8 years in a perfect world playing all 82 games thats 16,400 more points on top of his total.. Which will have him surpassing Kareem..

na i think he'll miss a few more games throughout the years, and he aint gonna average 25 when hes 35, 36, 37, etc....hes 31 i think he has 3 or 4more years to average really good numbers
  • playmaker88
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Thats what the normal arc is.. but keep in mind he is in his 14th year.. he has toned his game down alot.. i dont really think its a thing for him to average 25 and 25 is and arbitrary number he averages what about 28.. so that even put another didnt in what he has to do even if he does miss games here and there.
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I"ll got with top 3, I know he wants to pass Jordan
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Off subject but how many points does Bron have right now?
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    radaman wrote: »

no clue....i'll check, i think Bron is gonna want to pass Kobe more so than he would even want to pass MJ ...but thats another thread lol
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Probably be second, they need to put an asteric besides these high school ? stats or something. Jordan gave up a good 3-4 or basketball in his prime because of retirement.

I don't see anyone touching MJ's 30 career points per game average though or messing with Stockton assist or steals record.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    radaman wrote: »

lebrons 115th now with 14,723. its crazy that he has more than guys like steve nash, jason terry and shard lewis and hasnt been in the league that long.

in ppg, he's 3rd behind MJ and wilt

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/pts_per_g_career.html
  • ImGettingOld
    ImGettingOld Members Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Not to get off topic,but Derek Fisher only has 9,007 points
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    lebrons 115th now with 14,723. its crazy that he has more than guys like steve nash, jason terry and shard lewis and hasnt been in the league that long.

in ppg, he's 3rd behind MJ and wilt

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/pts_per_g_career.html

na it aint crazy that he passed Nash ? nash is always pass first, terry and shard though...thats crazy (yes im throwin on the cape for Nash, nh)

but what is crazy is that Nash #8 alltime in assists and he wasnt a fulltime starter till his 5th year in the league
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited February 2010
    Options
    He gonna be top 5. Lebron might be #2 when he retire tho
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Probably be second, they need to put an asteric besides these high school ? stats or something. Jordan gave up a good 3-4 or basketball in his prime because of retirement.

I don't see anyone touching MJ's 30 career points per game average though or messing with Stockton assist or steals record.

c/s ? in the 90's were ridiculous
  • jjswipe
    jjswipe Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    He'll make it to top 5. If he still feels like playing. But i think 2 more championships and he might be done
  • jjswipe
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Time to go watch him reach number 13 on the list
  • jjswipe
    edited February 2010
    Options
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    he'll go after Jordan I have no doubt about that, but can you imagine where Jordan would be had he not broken his ankle his second year, retired that year and half and had of played up until 2003 instead of going out originally in 98
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited February 2010
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    he'll go after Jordan I have no doubt about that, but can you imagine where Jordan would be had he not broken his ankle his second year, retired that year and half and had of played up until 2003 instead of going out originally in 98

he'd have 40,000+ easily
  • j dash
    j dash Members Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I would say top 3 at least, yo.
  • playmaker88
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Sym_ wrote: »
    he'd have 40,000+ easily

I sowre this thread was about Kobe.. Kobe..