Do you prefer March Madness or the NBA playoffs?!

Options
MillzOG
MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
edited March 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
which is more entertaining to you?....

i love the way march madness is setup, but NBA talent >>>> college talent obviously

so i love the NBA playoffs....what ya think though?

Comments

• CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    NBA playoffs it anit even debatable to me, I can't take college basketball seriously they just rookies or less skill level players in my eyes.
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    the sweet sixteen and on is cool but CF and NBA Finals is str8 ? when both teams are good
    but last years MM and NBA playoffs were both lackluster IMO
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited February 2010
    Options
    bigb86 wrote: »
    the sweet sixteen and on is cool but CF and NBA Finals is str8 ? when both teams are good

What? You serious? Both had some of the greatest games ever.

Ill take MM, for sure!
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options

wth...

the Bulls vs Celtics 1st rd series is a classic
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    most years the playoffs, but this year im lookin forward to madness
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    most years the playoffs, but this year im lookin forward to madness

me to...Cuse got this

what u think the final 4 gon be?
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    NBA, I'm more of a college football guy over basketball.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited February 2010
    Options
    me to...Cuse got this

what u think the final 4 gon be?

i cant even call it yet. id say UK, Kansas, Syracuse and Ohio State as my wild card bc turner is legit

who you got?
  • allied
    edited February 2010
    Options
    What you guys think of MM going to 96 teams? I think it would ruin it. But maybe my alma mater Hofstra could finally get their ? in the dance.
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i cant even call it yet. id say UK, Kansas, Syracuse and Ohio State as my wild card bc turner is legit

who you got?

yea Turner is the best player in the country this year

right now i got Kansas, Cuse, Texas (i aint givin up on em yet), and Kansas St

for some reason i think Kentucky gon lose an early game, like 2nd or 3rd round
  • jjswipe
    jjswipe Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I like em both. The good thing about march madness is that the sorriest team in the tournament has a legitimate chance of winning the championship if they win all their games. You got players who might be doctors or car salesman or hs basketball coaches after graduation getting a chance to shine infront of the whole country. The raw emotion, passion and energy cannot be matched by the nba playoffs cuz these lil ? are hungry and this is their last shot at greatness. The nba playoffs are were stars are born and legends are made. The best players in the worldl beating each other up for at least 4 games each round cannot be matched. Either way it goes, march-june is the best time of the year for a basketball fan
  • jjswipe
    edited February 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    what you guys think of mm going to 96 teams? I think it would ruin it. But maybe my alma mater hofstra could finally get their ? in the dance.

i thought that too at first, but then when you think about it, every year, there is a school somewhere ? about getting snubbed. Now all those bubble teams can get in. And then when you give the best 32 teams a first round bye, after those 1st round games, its bacc to 64, and the tournament is still rolling. Only people that might suffer is the people that run the nit
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    What you guys think of MM going to 96 teams, I think it would ruin it. But maybe my alma mater Hofstra could finally get their ? in the dance.

i hate it, its perfect at 64 or 65 teams whatever it is.....especially ? everybody has a chance once they get into their conference tournament, if they win out then they have a chance to get in the NCAA's

and wouldnt that be an even bigger "cinderella"?...like if St Johns was to win the Big East Conference Tourney, and then make a run to the sweet 16 or elite 8 or some ?
  • jjswipe
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Final 4: Kentucky, kansas, syracuse, and duke
  • Alpha_Ambition
    edited February 2010
    Options
    wth...

the Bulls vs Celtics 1st rd series is a classic

up until game 7 ? had a wack ending
    Clevland swept thru to the ECF and choked
    the magic and beat a KG-less celtics barely
    The finals was cool (and Im a laker fan)
    THE WCF ended in a blowout where chauncey disappeared
    like I need more final moments in clinching games
    and for the MM that ? was railroaded by UNC (even tho Pitt games were ? lol)
  • Alpha_Ambition
    edited February 2010
    Options
    jjswipe wrote: »
    Final 4: Kentucky, kansas, syracuse, and duke
    sv2qnt.jpg
    LOL ok homie
  • Dick Shitman
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yea Turner is the best player in the country this year

right now i got Kansas, Cuse, Texas (i aint givin up on em yet), and Kansas St

for some reason i think Kentucky gon lose an early game, like 2nd or 3rd round

I either think we gonna lose in the second round or make the final 4. no in between. if we make it past the first weekend, were gonna be trouble lol

I cant see it with Texas. Ive seen a few games of theres this year and they ought to be better. I think Barnes will get them put out early
  • allied
    edited February 2010
    Options
    jjswipe wrote: »
    i thought that too at first, but then when you think about it, every year, there is a school somewhere ? about getting snubbed. Now all those bubble teams can get in. And then when you give the best 32 teams a first round bye, after those 1st round games, its bacc to 64, and the tournament is still rolling. Only people that might suffer is the people that run the nit

If they go to 96 best believe they will eliminate the NIT. No one cares about that ? anymore.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited February 2010
    Options
    What you guys think of MM going to 96 teams? I think it would ruin it. But maybe my alma mater Hofstra could finally get their ? in the dance.

i dont like it. the regular season is already pointless for most teams. 96 teams would only make it worse
  • jjswipe
    edited February 2010
    Options
    sv2qnt.jpg
    lol ok homie

just might shocc the world homie. And i don't even care for duke, but the years when everyone expects them to do something, they don't do ? , but this year, they have been quietly kiccin ass
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    up until game 7 ? had a wack ending
    Clevland swept thru to the ECF and choked
    the magic and beat a KG-less celtics barely
    The finals was cool (and Im a laker fan)
    THE WCF ended in a blowout where chauncey disappeared
    like I need more final moments in clinching games
    and for the MM that ? was railroaded by UNC (even tho Pitt games were ? lol)

whoa Cleveland didnt choke, they got beat by the better team (and i called that ? earlier in the season...only me and skip bayless lol)

but i agree with the Celtics bulls wackass game 7...
    the finals could've been better if Courtney Lee would've made that game winning layup try....

i was hurt last year in MM i was goin with Pitt, i wanted to see Pitt play UNC so Dejuan Blair could destroy hansbrough....but then scottie reynolds made that ? and beat them
  • MillzOG
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I either think we gonna lose in the second round or make the final 4. no in between. if we make it past the first weekend, were gonna be trouble lol

I cant see it with Texas. Ive seen a few games of theres this year and they ought to be better. I think Barnes will get them put out early

yea thats how i feel bout Kentucky, ? they are a great team...but i just think some team is gonna catch fire against that weakass perimeter defense they play....

but with Texas, i think without Balbay (even though he was a good defender) at least we got less clutter in the backcourt now....and if Dexter Pittman stays out of foul trouble and gets some touches we gon make a run just like Pitt last year with Dejuan Blair (even though Blair is way better)
  • h.haver
    h.haver Members Posts: 252
    edited February 2010
    Options
    March Madness by a lot but I do love both of them.
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    March Madness where legends are made and born.

One Shinning Moment, clutch game winners, Cinderella teams upsetting big name schools>>>>>>>> NBA playoff series where adjustments can be made and scouting reports help teams adjust
  • Alpha_Ambition
    edited February 2010
    Options
    whoa Cleveland didnt choke, they got beat by the better team (and i called that ? earlier in the season...only me and skip bayless lol)

but i agree with the Celtics bulls wackass game 7...
    the finals could've been better if Courtney Lee would've made that game winning layup try....

i was hurt last year in MM i was goin with Pitt, i wanted to see Pitt play UNC so Dejuan Blair could destroy hansbrough....but then scottie reynolds made that ? and beat them

what I meant by choke is that the Cavs didnt step up to the plate and Orlando capitalized on their matchups (ok maybe choke is harsh lol) yeah that villanova Pitt game was epic what happenned to that dude from Pitt who played at the PG spot (? forgot his name )