Two 1/2 Men Replaces Charlie Sheen with Ashton Kutcher: Charlie Sheen Finally Lose?

Options
arbitration
arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
From IGN.com:

And the new star of Two and a Half Men is… Ashton Kutcher. The Hollywood Reporter says the actor is "putting the final touches" on a deal that will have him replacing the fired Charlie Sheen in the series, which is TV's number one comedy. Specifics of his deal aren't known, but the Reporter says Kutcher is getting a "huge payday" for the series.

CBS was working hard to line up a new star for the series before their Upfront presentation next week, when they announce their full 2011-2012 lineup. Hugh Grant came close to signing on, but that deal fell through several days ago. The Reporter says that after talks with Grant broke down, Kutcher's deal came together quickly

A source close to the project tells the Reporter that when it comes to Kutcher's introduction, "It's really funny. People are going to love it."

We still want to know how the show will deal with writing Sheen off, without him making a final appearance. Hopefully the writers have paid attention to our suggestions.

Comments

• im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If this is true that show is over before it started...I'll give it one season...two if they force a second...but the raitings are going to be low as ? after the first few shows.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    that ? . lol!

they were better off w/ John Stamos imo
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So is he playing Charlie Harper or replacing him? ? crazy, Billy Bob Thornton would have been dope. Just my opinion.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    that ? . lol!

they were better off w/ John Stamos imo

True......
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Nah CBS lost with that wack ass replacement
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    the show isnt gonna last. i bet it will get canceled half way through the up coming season
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Kutch can't lose.
  • EastsideofDetroit
    EastsideofDetroit Members Posts: 26
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    not checking for it, but I wasnt before either to be honest
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i guess it makes sense

that means they are gonna switch up the plot a lot to take into account the huge age difference

i'm curious to see what they come up with
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Kutcher ain't gonna be charlie harper or whatever sheen's characters name is on the show..he'll no doubt be a different character..I give it a season...maybe 2..I may watch it one day when they do the reruns like I've done with Two 1/2 Men in the past.

I think it'll still be funny though...Ashton Kutcher and Jon Cryer could make a funny duo...along with Jake..it will be strange w/ no more Charlie and Bertha going back n forth
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    bigb86 wrote: »
    Nah CBS lost with that wack ass replacement

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    One wack actor replacing another...whats the fuss about?
  • quietaskept
    quietaskept Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I see potential for the show to do well with Ashton. I think it will depend on how well they write him into the script. He's got to be a family member or friend in order to have regular interaction with Jake and Alan. But think about the possibilities you could have with Jake and Ashton's character. Now that Jake is older, I could see some fun scripts being produced.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So is he playing Charlie Harper or replacing him? ? crazy, Billy Bob Thornton would have been dope. Just my opinion.

Ashton is not playing Charlie. They are going to write Ashton as a new character.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Its gonna be funny to see what they do with Sheen's character... They gonna ? him off or some ?
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I can see it now.Chalie is going to rehab or he´s getting married.

Why wont they put sheen back on the show.Whats going on with that.
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    in charlie sheens last episode he went off to europe to hunt down his stalker rose. i think that they will probably do something like have charlie be an off screen character and have ashton kutcher come in as like charlies illegitimate child or something like that. ashton will pretty much move into the house and have sheen like adventures in there with alan and jake and they will forever be waiting for charlie to come back.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    in charlie sheens last episode he went off to europe to hunt down his stalker rose. i think that they will probably do something like have charlie be an off screen character and have ashton kutcher come in as like charlies illegitimate child or something like that. ashton will pretty much move into the house and have sheen like adventures in there with alan and jake and they will forever be waiting for charlie to come back.

this aint a bad idea. i didnt know that was how it last ended.

i had an idea to ? off charlie, maybe get a heart attack having sex with some hoes, and during the funeral, the replacement comes and says that charlie stole all his ideas for jingles and ? , sues the estate, and wins the house, bertha, etc, he takes pity on charlies brother and jake, lets them stay, show goes on.

but i think i like your idea better.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    this aint a bad idea. i didnt know that was how it last ended.

i had an idea to ? off charlie, maybe get a heart attack having sex with some hoes, and during the funeral, the replacement comes and says that charlie stole all his ideas for jingles and ? , sues the estate, and wins the house, bertha, etc, he takes pity on charlies brother and jake, lets them stay, show goes on.

but i think i like your idea better.

That´s an ill ideia but could ashton pull it off.It depends on the actor.
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

get the ? .............boy I swear if it wasn't for March Madness and the old CSI.....
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    wack toi begin with
  • earth two superman
    edited May 2011
    Options
    That´s an ill ideia but could ashton pull it off.It depends on the actor.

ashton would be too young to be a guy charlies been ripping off for years. which is why i thought hugh grant or rob lowe wouldve been good. actually my first choice was woody harelson.

but ashton is good for birdcallaveli's idea
  • earth two superman
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    The reason why Charlie Sheen's character was funny was because he was actually like that in real life.

which is why woody harelson wouldve been good. like a weedhead version of charlie. hugh grant wouldve been good too since he has kind of a ? past.