Olympic Hockey anyone???

Options
white715
white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Am I the only one watching it? And if not WTF happened to Russia I had them winning Gold.

Comments

• radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol nobody on here watches hockey white... you watched that movie yet?
  • white715
    edited February 2010
    Options
    radaman wrote: »
    lol nobody on here watches hockey white... you watched that movie yet?

Yeah I figured I think I'm the only black person outside of Canada that does, naw I got the day off tomorrow Imma watch that and Pan's Labyrinth
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    white715 wrote: »
    Yeah I figured I think I'm the only black person outside of Canada that does, naw I got the day off tomorrow Imma watch that and Pan's Labyrinth

Yeah Im gonna watch it tomorrow too... We'll prob be the only 2 that watch the ? lol
  • sickbizzle
    sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    the Russian players were lookin shook after that game, like they was on the way to get tortured by Putin and thrown in the Gulag.
  • TdotGoHARD87
    TdotGoHARD87 Members Posts: 782 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    canada baby!! the russians aint seen that one coming lol
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    *Not watching but rooting for USA*
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hockey is a FAIL...
  • white715
    edited February 2010
    Options
    sickbizzle wrote: »
    the Russian players were lookin shook after that game, like they was on the way to get tortured by Putin and thrown in the Gulag.

Yea Putin is a scary dude one of them might end up with radiaton posioning
  • sickbizzle
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ibex wrote: »
    Hockey is a FAIL...

your opinion on sports is a fail. Ice Hockey is easily one of the greatest sports ever, extremely fast, skill intensive and violent. even the fights go harder than boxing.
  • Ibex
    edited February 2010
    Options
    your opinion on sports is a fail. Ice Hockey is easily one of the greatest sports ever, extremely fast, skill intensive and violent. even the fights go harder than boxing.

If Blacks don't take it over the sport is a FAIL ask NBA,NFL, MLB,PGA,Boxing,and Track and Field.....but don't get mad Nascar and Hockey are all yours
  • sickbizzle
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol ok... Tiger is half black so why don't you say Asians took over Golf just the same? not to mention every other Golf professional isn't black so 50% of one person is hardly taking over the entire sport.

I'll give you NBA and Boxing of course but not the NFL until a black QB truly dominates the game, it's the top position so your day is still to come.

MLB, hell no. it's still relatively equal. I'll give you Pujols but most of the other top players aren't even black.

what's your excuse for Hockey though? there are plenty of black Ice Hockey players, but they just don't dominate. and just because they don't black people like you go around saying Hockey is a fail blah blah.. you just sound bitter to me.
  • Ibex
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol ok... Tiger is half black so why don't you say Asians took over Golf just the same? not to mention every other Gold professional isn't black so 50% of one person is hardly taking over the entire sport.

I'll give you NBA of course but not the NFL until a black QB truly dominates the game, it's the top position so your day is still to come.

MLB, hell no. it's still relatively equal. I'll give you Pujols but most of the other top players aren't even black.

what's your excuse for Hockey though? there are plenty of black Ice Hockey players, but they just don't dominate. and just because they don't black people like you go around saying Hockey is a fail blah blah.. you just sound bitter to me.

Ok let's take Tiger out the equation...the NFL is 80% black that's not dominate?? Right, and Baseball is fairly even between Blacks and latinos but Willie Mays, and Barry Bonds are regarded as the best players to ever do it. Throw in boxing and track & field and the brothers win by a landslide. Hockey I will give you but I say it's a FAIL because it is not a better overall sport or take more athleticism then the previous sports I just named.
  • sickbizzle
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i'll give you that the NFL is dominated by blacks percetage wise.. but still blacks won't secure the entire sport until a QB can be produced that rivals some of the greatest to ever do it. it's similar with pitchers in Baseball, sure Mays and Bonds are top 5 GOAT but only in a list that exludes pitchers. people want to see homeruns but there is an argument to be made that Nolan Ryan shut down more bats in his career then Bonds hit in his.

but i certainly disagree with you about Hockey, in your opinion it might not be a better sport or whatever that means, but the athleticm and talent that it takes to play is easily up there with the most difficult requirments of Baseball, Football, Basketball or whatever other sport. I think you're just being blatantly biased - no need though, there are some great black players ya'll coming up so stop the hate..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_black_ice_hockey_players#Active
  • Ibex
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i'll give you that the NFL is dominated by blacks percetage wise.. but still blacks won't secure the entire sport until a QB can be produced that rivals some of the greatest to ever do it. it's similar with pitchers in Baseball, sure Mays and Bonds are top 5 GOAT but only in a list that exludes pitchers. people want to see homeruns but there is an argument to be made that Nolan Ryan shut down more bats in his career then Bonds hit in his.

but i certainly disagree with you about Hockey, in your opinion it might not be a better sport or whatever that means, but the athleticm and talent that it takes to play is easily up there with the most difficult requirments of Baseball, Football, Basketball or whatever other sport. I think you're just being blatantly biased - no need though, there are some great black players ya'll coming up so stop the hate..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_black_ice_hockey_players#Active

Ok I will just say this "The Great One" Wayne Gretzky is the greatest hockey player of alltime and yet guy was barely 6'0 and weighed a buck eighty five! Please tell me how a stringbean can dominate a sport that's supposedly so athletic and display more athletic ability than NBA,NFL, or MLB players?
  • sickbizzle
    edited February 2010
    Options
    no different than the stringbeans that dominate track and field, he was fast and had tremendous talent and above all else, skill, intelligence and technique. maybe you just identified why black people don't dominate though, brute size and weight doesn't get you very far, you have to train your ass off for a lifetime to develop the skills to succeed in Ice Hockey.

but you're joking about MLB right? some of the best players even today can be fat and lazy looking. everybody's making a big deal trying to hype Alfonso Soriano in the Chi now just because he bothered to lose some weight in the off season, dude was getting to be a ? .. but still one of the all time greats.
  • Ibex
    edited February 2010
    Options
    no different than the stringbeans that dominate track and field, he was fast and had tremendous talent and above all else, skill, intelligence and technique. maybe you just identified why black people don't dominate though, brute size and weight doesn't get you very far, you have to train your ass off for a lifetime to develop the skills to succeed in Ice Hockey.

but you're joking about MLB right? some of the best players even today can be fat and lazy looking. everybody's making a big deal trying to hype Alfonso Soriano in the Chi now just because he bothered to lose some weight in the off season, dude was getting to be a ? .. but still one of the all time greats.

Those same skills you just named could translate to ping pong as well so I still don't see your point?...Excluding some pitchers,and 1st baseman MLB, NBA, and NFL players will always be superior athletes and hockey will forever be a lameduck sport along the lines of squash, and teatherball
  • sickbizzle
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol whatever guy... have you ever even watched a game of Ice Hockey? just considering the pure physical brutality involved it's easily a far tougher sport than MLB or NBA, just look at the injuries involved and enough said..

damn you sounded reasonable for a while but now you just sound dumb so i don't think it's worth my time to continue on with this.. keep lyin to yourself i don't give a ? .
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol whatever guy... have you ever even watched a game of Ice Hockey? just considering the pure physical brutality involved it's easily a far tougher sport than MLB or NBA, just look at the injuries involved and enough said..

damn you sounded reasonable for a while but now you just sound dumb so i don't think it's worth my time to continue on with this.. keep lyin to yourself i don't give a ? .

LOL don't argue with him, the truth is hockey is more diffcult to play than football, basketball and baseball IMO. Also hockey games in person are the most exciting out of every sport. But it doesn't translate well on TV since the puck is to small.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yeah Russia isn't what they use to be, Canada stay producing ill players. Hockey is far more physical than football and much faster then basketball and more exciting then baseball
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Dont care how white the sport is, I'll be rooting for hard for Team USA vs. those mothercanuckers!
  • TdotGoHARD87
    TdotGoHARD87 Members Posts: 782 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Dont care how white the sport is, I'll be rooting for hard for Team USA vs. those mothercanuckers!

sorry bro but we are on a mission. gold or bust for canada. USA gon pay for that last game