Mos Def gonna be in Dexter next year

Options
kingofbama205
kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110512/en_nm/us_dexter_2
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – Actor/hip-hop star Mos Def artist will play a recurring role in the sixth season of "Dexter," which begins production in June with an eye toward a fall bow.

Mos Def will play a hardened ex-con who claims to have found religion yet finds himself surrounded by violence. Michael C. Hall's Dexter, a blood-spatter analyst who dispatches deserving criminals in his spare time, will reveal the truth of who he really is.

He joins Colin Hanks -- who will appear in all 12 episodes -- as one of the upcoming season's villains. Hanks will play Travis, Dexter's main nemesis and a highly intelligent ancient artifacts expert who is linked to a series of grisly murders in Miami.

At this point it is unclear in how many episodes Mos Def will appear. But he is one of multiple recurring characters who will populate the show in place of Season 5 guest stars including Jonny Lee Miller, Julia Stiles and Peter Weller.

Sounds like he'll play a good Character...and I like Colin Hanks as well.

Comments

• sdca
    sdca Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Cool. I like Mos Def...too bad he'll probably end up on Dexter's table! :(

I also like Colin Hanks! I'm so excited for the new season now...

Did you hear, Dex is also getting a new Nanny!?!
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    sdca wrote: »
    Cool. I like Mos Def...too bad he'll probably end up on Dexter's table! :(

I also like Colin Hanks! I'm so excited for the new season now...

Did you hear, Dex is also getting a new Nanny!?!

Exactly the same thing I thought.

I really hope this season isnt ass cheeks like last season was.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Exactly the same thing I thought.

I really hope this season isnt ass cheeks like last season was.

I thought last season was Awesome. The whole Julia Stiles angle was a breath of fresh air. I had always hated Julie Benz's character.
  • MurillaNinjaScrilla
    MurillaNinjaScrilla Members Posts: 564
    edited May 2011
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    I thought last season was Awesome. The whole Julia Stiles angle was a breath of fresh air. I had always hated Julie Benz's character.

agreed fgfgfgf
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I hate this show seriously.
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »

I never got the feeling that they were pushing Dexter's character forward. It seemed like they were retreading the same water as seasons 2 and 3. We didn't learn anything new about the character. Also, there were massive plot lines that they just left fully unresolved, like what happened to the La Muerta gang and if they ever got revenge for the death of their brother. The season finale was a letdown for me. First off, Deb choosing not to pull back the curtains on Dexter and Lumen and instead let them go goes against everything we know about the character and her detective instinct. And then Lumen just conveniently losing her blood ? after killing off that dude at the end was really obvious.

I read somewhere that they made a creative change by replacing the director or the writer or something, so hopefully season 6 will be solid.