Am i the only one who gets a feeling on incompleteness from these comic book movies?

Options
usmarin3
usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
It feels like they try to stuff so much ? in a 2 hour flick and so much of the back story always get left out. Why not make some of this ? trilogies like Lord of the Rings and do these movies proper justice. There is no character os storyline development in none of these movies, it's just generally action wrapped around a love story. As a result of packing everything into a 2 hour film, they don't even follow the storylines of the comics.

Comments

• Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I think they make the movies for the people that dont know the comics very well or atleast the comic book followers.Because there´s less people that read comics then people that dont.So they just trying to get some money.But yeah I belive they should make a trilogy.
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You know, once they supposedly do this big movie they are building up for they might leave us with a better feel for why they cut so much out of each individual story. I doubt it but I at least wanna see what the big buildup is going to be about since they're putting all these ? together. I bet half the people don't even know these movies are based on comics though.......real talk.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    no, because i read the comics too. and whatever is going on in the book currently is usually much better than the movie.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    It feels like they try to stuff so much ? in a 2 hour flick and so much of the back story always get left out. Why not make some of this ? trilogies like Lord of the Rings and do these movies proper justice. There is no character os storyline development in none of these movies, it's just generally action wrapped around a love story. As a result of packing everything into a 2 hour film, they don't even follow the storylines of the comics.

This is my big issue w/ alot of these films but the studios are making a movie for the movie audience not really the comic book audience so they have throw in the pointless love story to try and give it a universal theme...what I REALLY hate is when they combine multiple story lines from one character and try to fit it all in 1 movie with no backstory to at least SOME of the past of the character...
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

Candidate for post of the year, real talk.
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I hate comic book movies but I do love Batman movies and I actually like The Watchmen, ? is much underrated movie

Comic book movie take the away from the action movie and I do believe the comic book movie ruined the action movie.

What I mean the action movie like in 80's where you guys love to watch Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Dolph Lungren, Charles Bronson, Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude van Damme or Clint Eastwood, Bruce Willis, Steven Seagal, Mel Gibson,etc.....that's what we need in the Hollywod but too many ? ? comic-book movie.
  • bunz
    bunz Members Posts: 1,000
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i love the xmen movies... and i thought the wolverine origins was off the chain as well probably the best one out of the series, im hyped for the next one with x and magneto

batman movies are pretty dope and i agree with darkrain about watchmen.... im holding out judgement til i see the avengers flick but i liked the iron man movies, havent seen thor, and i thought the hulk left a lot to be desired

spider man couldve been better w/o casting tobey ? maguire...
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    darkrain wrote: »
    I hate comic book movies but I do love Batman movies and I actually like The Watchmen, ? is much underrated movie

Comic book movie take the away from the action movie and I do believe the comic book movie ruined the action movie.

What I mean the action movie like in 80's where you guys love to watch Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Dolph Lungren, Charles Bronson, Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude van Damme or Clint Eastwood, Bruce Willis, Steven Seagal, Mel Gibson,etc.....that's what we need in the Hollywod but too many ? ? comic-book movie.

But there aren't any action movie stars around anymore, who the ? are the leading actors nowadays? Jake Gillenhall, Toby Maquire, Adrien Brody, and Ryan Reynolds. smh Most of these actors are some nerdy type ? or too goofy (Reynolds) to pull off real action roles. The manly man action heros from the 80s has passed on, Christian Bale is one of the few tough guy actors left who has an edge.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Comic book movies feel incomplete because for the most part they are incomplete. Comic books are written in story arcs that go over a series of comics, so in order to get the complete story comic book movies SHOULD BE DONE as trilogies. Thor is a perfect example...the first movie should have been completely set in Asgard....that portion of the movie was dope. The earth portion was meh...because it was crowbarred into the story. The second movie could have been done with the first act in asgard and then transition into Earth in the second and third acts.