Why Did The South Catch Feelings...?

Options
rip.dilla
rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in The Reason
When Nas dropped HHID?

From T.I to Jeezy (especially him), Outkast to Luda... they all had something to say when dude didn't even diss a region?

Hell, the ? even called up Lil'Jon on a track with his crew when Jon was hot back in '03...

And at the beginning of the title track (HHID) he calls out the four major regions to step their game up...

Can any southern ? explain? LOL

Comments

• rusty shackleford
    rusty shackleford Members Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    probably because he didn't say it when new york had ? locked.. or the west coast for that matter.. hell.. its pretty obvious he used that name to raise the hype around his album.. he was manipulating the masses with that title or else, the ? woulda been a country album.. same thing with the album he wanted to name "******.." dudes turned into macho man randy savage with that wack ? . dude felt safe sending sublims out [whether he meant it or not].. his attention ? status is rising.
  • youngnick
    youngnick Members Posts: 600 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The truth hurts?
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    OutKast was saying Hip Hop was dead before that and ? didnt say ? about it...so i guess ? got mad when someone not from the south mentioned it..
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nas last 3 albums were wack so...

*Kanye shrug*
  • youngnick
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ibex wrote: »
    Nas last 3 albums were wack so...

*Kanye shrug*

Explain?
    --
  • rusty shackleford
    edited February 2010
    Options
    youngnick wrote: »
    The truth hurts?
    i don't think she had anything to do with it...
  • Ibex
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Explain?
    --

Hiphop is dead average at best

Streets Disciple was garbage maybe if he would have taken the best songs off each disc the album could have been good but there's no more than 4 tracks on both discs they get any real play

Untitled was overhyped due to the original title being taken away but the album it self is boring, lyrics are descent but the production is terrible, very little replay value
  • youngnick
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hiphop is dead average at best

Streets Disciple was garbage maybe if he would have taken the best songs off each disc the album could have been good but there's no more than 4 tracks on both discs they get any real play

Untitled was overhyped due to the original title being taken away but the album it self is boring, lyrics are descent but the production is terrible, very little replay value

I agree with your first two explanations, but Untitled being wack? That's crazy. Of course there was a lot of hype for it because of the actual name being ******, but I don't see how any of the songs besides maybe "Make the world round" were bad.
  • Ibex
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I agree with your first two explanations, but Untitled being wack? That's crazy. Of course there was a lot of hype for it because of the actual name being ******, but I don't see how any of the songs besides maybe "Make the world round" were bad.

Naw I can't get with it, If I compare that album to ? 's Son or Lost Tapes... lyrically and production wise they ? all over Untitled...plus I still play those albums every now and then.. after the first month I was done with Untitled
  • youngnick
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Naw I can't get with it, If I compare that album to ? 's Son or Lost Tapes... lyrically and production wise they ? all over Untitled...plus I still play those albums every now and then.. after the first month I was done with Untitled

You can't compare Untitled to any other Nas album because it's a lot different. This album he actually focuses on one theme and is conscious throughout the entire record. Lost Tapes is just a masterpiece that never happened and imo ? 's Son is just average.
  • The_wraith
    The_wraith Members Posts: 391
    edited February 2010
    Options

speedboats, three tokes and pass it, grass lit, hittin slopes in Aspen
    no coat, jus a oath to stay thorough til we back to ashes
    driven in fly sedans to the MGM Grand
    pictualize the sand, two blondes implants, Remy in hand
    we tryin to tan, deal my cards wit an honest hand
    a modest man, aware of any kinda scam
    palm trees, magnum Dom P's, LV monograms
    hottest girls flew from Rio, Mojitos, mucho frio, my labedo
    sex so strong without the E tho

hollow threats, we dont see those, higher death toll whenever we roll
    that process is pivotal,
    my pitiful poverty struck, criminals would get at you
    then we lounge in a Spanish style house
    til it all blows over, Dolce Gabbana'd out
    comtemplatin, there is no bond wit Satan
    say a little prayer for me like Aretha Franklin
    for my hustlers, here's some motivation
    he who has begun is half done, why you waitin??
    Im too impatient to pray, too much patience for stress
    its too much paper to rest, fukk around you face death
    I know some n!ggas from Astoria that a cut ya daughter up
    like I use to cut a quarter up, makin all the bucks
    banana clips I bought in Georgia bucks(???)
    ? all you fukks, easy, I be on the golf cart sleepy
    yall beneath me, yall be at the ? shops pawning watches
    obnoxious, cant stop us, we Shottas
    say you killin Pablo, impossible, nonsense, preposterous,
    bizarre at best, unfulfilled promises
    I feel intelligence is my wealth, however
    how enormous is Nas pockets is a pop quiz to gossipers

see me at the Oscars, lookin dreamy, hood opulent,
    means esoteric how I wore it, exoticness
    makes you curious to see how serious my closet is
    shareholders wanna invest in that Nas stock its just

we be on that real ? , luxury 4 wheel ?
    n!ggas actin thirst on some jus got a deal ?
    Ha, for that Victory, we will ? ?
    get out the way playboy, this is real ?

I'M GLAD NAS DOESN'T DUMB DOWN FOR NO ONE
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Like the saying goes if the shoe fits....................
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yo they caught feelings because they felt guilty lol ..
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    probably because he didn't say it when new york had ? locked.. or the west coast for that matter.. hell.. its pretty obvious he used that name to raise the hype around his album.. he was manipulating the masses with that title or else, the ? woulda been a country album.. same thing with the album he wanted to name "******.." dudes turned into macho man randy savage with that wack ? . dude felt safe sending sublims out [whether he meant it or not].. his attention ? status is rising.

He wasnt sayin the SOuth Killed it.............he said everybody did.................
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ? caught feelins cuz he was doin the ? 2 try and sell.... think about it what song on that album do ? talk about? what imprint did that cd make on hip hop.... ? was talkin bout the name..... thats it......
  • rusty shackleford
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lmao @ nas sayin' hiphops dead because his ? albums aint sellin'.. isn't this comin' from the same "person" who said jumpin' in the whip & droppin' the top is a "revolutionary act?" hmm...

save us the dumbing down & close thread.
  • rusty shackleford
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ? caught feelins cuz he was doin the ? 2 try and sell......
    so he turned into 50 cent when he got desperate?

smmfh.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I dont remember anyone but Jeezy having a problem with that. Can someone up some interviews or quotes or something to support this claim?
  • J. Rob
    J. Rob Members Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I dont remember anyone but Jeezy having a problem with that. Can someone up some interviews or quotes or something to support this claim?

Jeezy got into it with Monie Love on the Philly station
    Luda wore a shirt to one of his concert that said "Hip Hop aint dead, it just moved down south"
    Soulja Boy said that no one was saying hip hop is dead until Nas said it (which is hilariously false)
    Dem Franchise boys also said something about it....but I don't remember what is was nor do I give a ? because them ? are irrelevant now
  • AlexThreeKsKeller
    AlexThreeKsKeller Members Posts: 9
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Guilty conscience?
    lmao. :3
  • rusty shackleford
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Guilty conscience?
    co sizzle.. i always had a feeling eminem was to blame also..
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options

I see everyone ignoring this post but who besides jeezy caught feelings?? I remember Luda wearing a hiphop lives in the south shirt at some awards show but who else went on public record abt wat nas said? I always felt nas was talkin abt NY anyway because Nas has absolutely no jurisdiction down south. We love and respect Nas for his type of music but to be real Nas doesn't know what bad downsouth music is, much like alot of his fanbase.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    J. Rob wrote: »
    Jeezy got into it with Monie Love on the Philly station
    Luda wore a shirt to one of his concert that said "Hip Hop aint dead, it just moved down south"
    Soulja Boy said that no one was saying hip hop is dead until Nas said it (which is hilariously false)
    Dem Franchise boys also said something about it....but I don't remember what is was nor do I give a ? because them ? are irrelevant now

I remember listening to that interview on my way to school. " If he got a problem tell Nas to come holla at me." Monie got fired for that too I think
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    big boi was madd too. I like all nas albums hhid has a few bangers on there as did SD. so that talk of his last 3 albums were wack is crazy. I think dudes got mad casue they knew they were getting away with some bs music.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Big Boi said something to the effect that he hoped Nas wasn't dissing The South, if so, we'll have to see about that. He went on to say that he liked Nas music.

T.I. made songs saying that it wasn't dead.

DJ Unk said in the "Two Step" remix that "Hip Hop isn't dead, it's Illmatic"

The only people that had ill words towards Nas is DFB. They poked fun at Nas saying that he makes "Egyptian raps."