Lisa Edelstein won't be returning to the 8th Season of HOUSE, MD.

Options
m. inferno
m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Lisa Edelstein not returning for Season 8 of 'House'
May 17, 2011, 5:59 PM EST
By Tierney Bricker
Zap2it

Take a deep breath, House-Cuddy fans. Life will go on.

Bing: Which shows will be back in the fall?

TVLine dropped a bombshell on the "House" fan base today when Michael Ausiello reported that Lisa Edelstein has decided not to return for the show's eighth season. Edelstein's long-term contract expires this month.

In an interview with TVLine back in March, Edelstein expressed her hope for the show to return for Season 8, saying, "Nobody at work seems to think it won't [return]. Everybody wants to come to a deal, and I certainly am looking forward to a Season 8." Guess someone had a change of heart?

More: 'House' to feature less of regular cast

Season 8 is likely to be the final season of "House." Hugh Laurie, Olivia Wilde and Peter Jacobson are contracted for Season 8. Robert Sean Leonard and Omar Epps are also set to return. Jesse Spencer has yet to ink a deal.

HAVENT WATCHED A SINGLE EPISODE OF SEASON 7 BECAUSE MY WORK SCHEDULE WONT ALLOW ME TO......BUT IF THIS IS THE CASE THAT THE 8TH SEASON IS THE FINAL ONE THEN ? , I NEED TO GET BACK UP ON MY ?

Comments

• kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I've seen ALMOST every episode of House..and for the most part it's been a great series..But u could tell these last 2 seasons that it's had it's run..and hopefully they wrap it up nicely next year....House is one of the greatest characters in TV history.
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Alot Of People Like This Show But I Cant Get Into It....The Only Medical Drama I Liked Is ER...
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    so shes gonna die, sending house back to drugs....
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Cuddy can get the ? ?
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    so shes gonna die, sending house back to drugs....

As it pertains to this season...

Spoilers....

House is already taking drugs again.. For the last 4 or 5 episodes now this season
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I dont get y ppl watch this show...
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Even though the show re-uses the same formula just about every episode the characters, cases and medicine is interesting.. And as someone said above Dr. Gregory House is one of the GOAT television characters all-time.

I assume they already knew that her contract wouldn't be renewed so it should be interesting to see how they wrap up her character this season.. If this show ends next season I'm really gonna be running low on shows.. Gotta start and catch up on mad men and breaking bad.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I think it's a little unfair to say it uses the same formula episode. Yeah, that's true as far as the medical cases go, but it should be clear to anyone who watches the show that the medical cases are now pretty far from the focus of the actual narrative. They meant a lot more in the earlier seasons. Now they are more or less just side events to pass the time or open up character development.