The Anti Christ....is NOT the devil..So Who Is He?

Options
TX_Made713
TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
edited March 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
So who is he? from what I hear he is going to be someone with a lot of follows, try to push peace and deception...which is why people are claiming he is obama (which is a load of crocodile ? )...so people please elaborate on this guy..bible scriptures and all

Comments

• DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Barry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TX_Made713
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Barry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aw thats cute.. the adults are talking now so take your binky and go play outside or something.

ok lets try this again
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    he's basicallly the devils take on the relationship between jesus and the father
  • whar67
    whar67 Members Posts: 542
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The anti-christ was not a single person. The existed in early Christianity 2 schools of thought. One held that Jesus was the 'annoited one' or Christ while the other held Jesus was not divine.

Here is the total references to the "AntiChrist"

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. (The simplest and clearest definition of an anti-christ provided)

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of ? : and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

This is it for the term anti-christ in the bible.

Anyone that denys Jesus is the son of ? is an anti-christ
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • TX_Made713
    edited March 2010
    Options
    whar67 wrote: »
    The anti-christ was not a single person. The existed in early Christianity 2 schools of thought. One held that Jesus was the 'annoited one' or Christ while the other held Jesus was not divine.

Here is the total references to the "AntiChrist"

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. (The simplest and clearest definition of an anti-christ provided)

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of ? : and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

This is it for the term anti-christ in the bible.

Anyone that denys Jesus is the son of ? is an anti-christ

so basically anyone who doesnt believe jesus died for our sins an an antichrist...well that makes sense
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I don't believe that the identity of the Anti-Christ will not be as obvious as we are making it to be. I think we are looking way too hard for the miraculous.
  • whar67
    whar67 Members Posts: 542
    edited March 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    I believe that the identity of the Anti-Christ will be as obvious as we are making it to be. I think we are looking way too hard for the miraculous.

Double negative fixed.
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    he's non existent....
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    whar67 wrote: »
    Double negative fixed.

? !!! I'm usually good about catching myself do this cause I do this all the time. Hopefully the point got across.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    So the anti-Christ has followers and talks about peace and loving each other? Sounds like Jesus. Just a provision by some religious scammer when he realized anyone could claim to be the next Jesus unless they closed the loophole with this antichrist ?
  • phantom0900
    phantom0900 Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The anti-christ can be defined as a lot of things, even Jesus as shootemwon explained. My personal definition is that 1) Christ wasn't real, its a mind state of unconditional love and forgiveness for your fellow man, following the golden rule and just being a kind, loving and decent human being always. 2) Any time we operate outside of those parameters we are acting as the anti-christ. I Personally believe the idea of christ returning is actually that type of mentality that i mentioned earlier affect the majority of the populace to create a "heaven on earth."
  • Mr. AJ
    Mr. AJ Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    people get "the Son of Perdition" term crossed up with the anti-christ. The son of perdition (though spoken in the singular) is actually multitudes that derive from the same people (Esau)

2nd Esdras 6:9 For Esau is the end of the world, and Jacob is the beginning of it that followeth. (Esau is spoken in the singular but represents a multitude )
  • paranom
    paranom Members Posts: 15
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The anti-christ can be defined as a lot of things, even Jesus as shootemwon explained. My personal definition is that 1) Christ wasn't real, its a mind state of unconditional love and forgiveness for your fellow man, following the golden rule and just being a kind, loving and decent human being always. 2) Any time we operate outside of those parameters we are acting as the anti-christ. I Personally believe the idea of christ returning is actually that type of mentality that i mentioned earlier affect the majority of the populace to create a "heaven on earth."

Sry u won't like this response, but the term Anti-Christ comes from the Bible and what's taught in the Bible comes straight from the breath of ? , not men...so no, the things taught within The Book are not there to try and be interpreted by men according to their own desires. Accepting this type of attitude and using it towards one's examination of ? 's word is only gonna open the gate to a myriad of one false belief after the next. Rightly so did Jesus say "Enter ye in by the narrow gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many are they that enter in thereby. For narrow is the gate, and straitened the way, that leadeth unto life, and few are they that find it."(Matthew7:13-14) -- it's an obvious warning...especially to those this day in age who approach religion indiscriminately adopting multiple beliefs of men and their philosophies like that's the proper path to take and it's gonna lead them toward heaven.

And too many in da 2010 wanting to come around and try to change the rules laid out by ? . And it's just too bad the the Christian faith cannot be defined at the will of men...no one has that right
  • The True Flesh
    The True Flesh Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. 1 John 2:18-19

Look @ the underlined ! There's no individual that is "the antichrist" that's a disallusionary tactic to get us looking in the wrong direction. The whole idea of a one man antichrist comes from a 20th century gross misintrpretation of Daniel 9:27 if anybody's really interested.......I'll elaborate.

PEACE
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. 1 John 2:18-19

Look @ the underlined ! There's no individual that is "the antichrist" that's a disallusionary tactic to get us looking in the wrong direction. The whole idea of a one man antichrist comes from a 20th century gross misintrpretation of Daniel 9:27 if anybody's really interested.......I'll elaborate.
    PEACE

Sounds interesting.............please do homie
  • Israelites
    Israelites Members Posts: 280
    edited March 2010
    Options
    there are many anti christs in this world from sunday worshippers to idols that they try to assoicate Christ with.... BUT the one particular anti christ that will rule the world for 3 1/2 years will be the "abomination of desolation" which Jesus talks about in Matthew 24, v15... also take note to (whoso readeth, let him UNDERSTAND), read matthew 24:3-27, also revelations speaks of this particular anti christ.... most "scc" don't read their bibles, therefore they don't understand how History goes hand & hand w/the prophecies of the Holy Bible.... this anti christ will be responsible for bringing in the "mark of the beast" -spoken of in revelations..... it's all goes together.... Also Daniel goes into detail where the "a.o.d" will be once he takes his seat in the temple..(which hasn't been built yet) that's why in matthew 24:v 23-25, the LORD tells you to NOT believe he has returned, because the "a.o.d" will be considered "christ" since the pope will be his side kick.... Bros.. read the scripture & stop listening to these other people's opinions.... all the answers are in the book!.. also read revelations 13:1-18 to see that this is the SAME person spoken of in Matthew & in Daniel.... also read the rest of the matthew 24 ( it talks about what will happen upon the 2nd coming & how the a.o.d will be stopped)