Eathquakes........are they happening just by chance?

Options
Arya Tsaddiq
Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
2 BIG earthquakes within 2 weeks.......It made me think a little about these bible verses:

Matthew 24: 4-13

4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall ? you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYZap4zZj24

Are these events a sign of things to come? Or not?

Comments

• alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well, it looks destined but we will never know if that is the case. Though I would want to use this as more reason to believe in the Bible, if I use these earthquakes as the only reason to believe in the Bible, I just may be deceiving myself. I'm sure doomsday sayers are getting their picket signs ready.
  • BOSS KTULU
    BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    its because the earth has a molten core which leads to tectonic shifts which often cause earthquakes

or its a magic jew shaking the planet with his angry hands
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    edited March 2010
    Options
    @KTULU, I rmember you from the old forums. And I will assume you do not believe in the Bible. IF im worng correct me but If im remembering correctly you dont. I was Stand4 Truth513 before. But when things start getting out of hand here in America, which they will inevitibleably will, and these things go along with bible prophecy. What would someone who doesn't beileve say?
  • BOSS KTULU
    BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    vboy513 wrote: »
    What would someone who doesn't beileve say?

i already said it

there are logical natural explanations for earthquakes, even when there's lots of them

or maybe your cosmic dictator is mad about ? again, that makes PERFECT sense too
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Oh man this is too funny. Obama is really a space alien here to destroy the earth
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    BOSS KTULU wrote: »
    its because the earth has a molten core which leads to tectonic shifts which often cause earthquakes

or its a magic jew shaking the planet with his angry hands
    We live in an age that increasingly seeks ONLY scientific explanations as KTULU can attest to. But it's ? who controls all the physical aspects of life. This is Gods universe and He is runing the show. Nothing happens in this world without Him being aware, Him being in control, and Him having a purpose for it happening. If even a sparrow can't fall to the ground without ? knowing, how can an earthquake happen without it being under the control of the Father? Scientific explanations for events, such as the one KTULU provided, may be helpful at understanding the how, but they can never answer the why.

These things (earthquakes, wars, rumors of wars, famines, diseases, death, destruction) will continue to happen with increasing regularity because the day of the Lord is fast approaching. A day of utter blackness and ruin is coming to the inhabitants of the earth. The signs are clearly happening right before our eyes. Those who will be left behind will be witness to the most terrifying time in all of human history. It will be a time of inconceivable horror. This day is coming and nobody will be able to endure it. All flesh would die during the great tribulation if Jesus Christ would delay His coming.

Nobody can imagine how terrible it will be during the last days, but ? clearly spells it out in the Bible that this is a day that His wrath will be poured out without measure against a creation that is in total rebellion against Him. ? has been patiently waiting (and continues to wait) because He wants to afford every possible opportunity for people to repent before bringing the judgment. ? is full of grace and mercy, but His day of wrath will come eventually. Don't let judgment come upon you if you can turn to Him now. ? bless.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Are these events a sign of things to come? Or not?
    why are the only two options "random events" or "? ?" there are scientific explanations for earthquakes occurring
  • alissowack
    edited March 2010
    Options
    There is a scientific explanation for why these earthquakes happened but does it mean that in doing so that it tells the whole story; or is science the only means to dealing with life? Unfortunately, everybody is not born into science so they can have that point of view.
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited March 2010
    Options
    one thing
    The Left Behind series
    read em
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Maybe I should have clairified. Are these earthquakes along with other events in the world today that are transpiring random events, Bible prophecy being fulfilled, or the gorvenment playing a big trick?

BTW. Have you guys seen Benjamin Creme's latest interview saying Maitreya the "world teacher" has done an interview here in the US? Look it up on google. For those of you too lazy, here is a link:
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Maybe I should have clairified. Are these earthquakes along with other events in the world today that are transpiring random events, Bible prophecy being fulfilled, or the gorvenment playing a big trick?

BTW. Have you guys seen Benjamin Creme's latest interview saying Maitreya the "world teacher" has done an interview here in the US? Look it up on google. For those of you too lazy, here is a link:

Interesting video. I have a very biblical worldview, so I want to see how Maitreya and Benjamin Creme fit into what ? has revealed in the scriptures. A lot of scenarios went through my mind watching this video. The first thing I thought about was what Jesus Christ said in regards to the deception that will take place during the last days. "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect." (Matthew 24:24) Clearly this guy is a false prophet and is not from ? . So this verse can be attributed to this man.

I also thought about what Benjamin Creme said about Maitreya in the video. He stated that maitreya will not reveal himself until he has a large enough following. The verses that came to mind when I heard that are found in 2 Thessalonians 2:7-12, when ? tells us that the Anti-christ will not reveal himself until the Holy Spirit is removed from the earth (which is another indication of the rapture, since the Holy Spirit in-dwells believers)

"7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause ? shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

And I also connected the two of them. Is Benjamin Creme the false prophet spoken of in Revelation and is Maitreya the Beast? It just makes you wonder. Satan is the master of deception. He's the absolute master of it. He has the highest degree in the art of it. So whatever is going on with this maitreya dude is some type of ploy in my mind. Satan is clever and subtle. He gets you to think of one thing while He is actually pulling the wool over your eyes.

I have to stand on what the word of ? says. I am looking for Jesus Christ and my rapture. The true church of Jesus Christ will not be on the earth by the time the anti-christ is revealed. My hope is in Jesus Christ, the Savior of my soul. He is my hope, glory, and salvation. Jesus said in Revelation 3 to the church of Philadelphia, (the last true body of believers that will be alive at the time of the rapture), that He has set before us an open door, that no one can shut. No power on earth or in heaven can stop ? from saving His church. Thats why I am looking for Jesus. He promised that He would keep the church from the hour of tempation that is coming upon the whole world. Now, whos report are you going to believe? ? or man?

"7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
    8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. 9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. 10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. 11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. 12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my ? , and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my ? , and the name of the city of my ? , which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my ? : and I will write upon him my new name. 13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches."
    Revelation 3:7-13
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2010
    Options
    A lot of what Benjamin Creme says about Maitreya lines up with what is spoke of about the Anti-Christ. Creme said that Maitreya is all about peace, peace, peace. Well ? , through the prophet Daniel, said that the Anti-Christ would bring a false peace to the earth and would actually destroy by making peace.

"And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up. 24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.
    25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand." Daniel 8:23-25

Creme is describing Maitreya in the same terms that ? describes the Anti-Christ. I am still not willing to say that this Maitreya dude is the Anti-Christ though. I need to study more and see what the scriptures say. My only reliance is the scriptures. Everything I hear on youtube, discussion boards, tv, internet, etc. must be aligned and checked thoroughly with the word of ? . Jesus Christ said that man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of ? . The scriptures hold the key to unlocking the mysteries of whats to come.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    edited March 2010
    Options
    @ DoU

Thats scripture you posted about 2 thessalonians. I didn't get what you were trying to say there because I read it and it siad nothing like that. Can you explain something im missing?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2010
    Options
    @ DoU

Thats scripture you posted about 2 thessalonians. I didn't get what you were trying to say there because I read it and it siad nothing like that. Can you explain something im missing?

Verse 7 and 8 is speaking about the Holy Spirit restraining the mystery of iniquity. Only when the Holy Spirit leaves (the rapture) will the mystery of iniquity (the anti-christ) be allowed to reveal himself.

"For this lawlessness is already at work secretly, and it will remain secret until the one who is holding it back steps out of the way. Then the man of lawlessness will be revealed, but the Lord Jesus will ? him with the breath of his mouth and destroy him by the splendor of his coming." New Living translation

Does that help?
  • kingjust627
    kingjust627 Members Posts: 47
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This is Gods universe and He is runing the show. Nothing happens in this world without Him being aware, Him being in control, and Him having a purpose for it happening. If even a sparrow can't fall to the ground without ? knowing, how can an earthquake happen without it being under the control of the Father? Scientific explanations for events, such as the one KTULU provided, may be helpful at understanding the how, but they can never answer the why.

Anyone can speculate why... just like having people in your same ilk say it was becasue of ? (idiots they are). I can say that mother nature is mad and "shook it all up", which is also idiotic, just like saying ? has a plan and he made them do it. All of those why's can not be backed up with reliable evidence. But, in the scientific perspective, the "how" of earthquakes answers the "why". How=tectonic plates colliding, WHY did the earthquakes happen, refer to HOW. WHY did the tsunami happen, refer to HOW. All of which are provable. The addage that there is a deeper meaning of why an earthquake happened is like telling a scary story around a camp fire.
    These things (earthquakes, wars, rumors of wars, famines, diseases, death, destruction) will continue to happen with increasing regularity because the day of the Lord is fast approaching.

Those things have been happening all over the world at different instances and time during our existance on this planet. So what's taking him so long???? The obvious i guess... cuz it's untrue.
    A day of utter blackness and ruin is coming to the inhabitants of the earth. The signs are clearly happening right before our eyes.

As they were many of times before our current era. Signs have been around since the dawn of religious ideaolgy.
    Those who will be left behind will be witness to the most terrifying time in all of human history. It will be a time of inconceivable horror. This day is coming and nobody will be able to endure it. All flesh would die during the great tribulation if Jesus Christ would delay His coming.

LOLOLOLLOLOLOL....LOLOLOLOLOL.....LOLOLOL Is this fear mongering??? LOLOLOlllLOLOLOLOOOOOLLLL
    Nobody can imagine how terrible it will be during the last days, but ? clearly spells it out in the Bible that this is a day that His wrath will be poured out without measure against a creation that is in total rebellion against Him.

I guess you believe the movie Legion is non fiction huh.
    ? has been patiently waiting (and continues to wait) because He wants to afford every possible opportunity for people to repent before bringing the judgment.

How do you know this for sure? Do you have a special batphone that ? uses to call you with updates on his up and coming rapture? LOLOL
    ? is full of grace and mercy, but His day of wrath will come eventually.

Contradiction????
    Don't let judgment come upon you if you can turn to Him now. ? bless.

Judgment came and went... NEXT
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2010
    Options
    1.Anyone can speculate why... just like having people in your same ilk say it was becasue of ? (idiots they are). I can say that mother nature is mad and "shook it all up", which is also idiotic, just like saying ? has a plan and he made them do it. All of those why's can not be backed up with reliable evidence. But, in the scientific perspective, the "how" of earthquakes answers the "why". How=tectonic plates colliding, WHY did the earthquakes happen, refer to HOW. WHY did the tsunami happen, refer to HOW. All of which are provable. The addage that there is a deeper meaning of why an earthquake happened is like telling a scary story around a camp fire.

2. Those things have been happening all over the world at different instances and time during our existance on this planet. So what's taking him so long???? The obvious i guess... cuz it's untrue.

3. As they were many of times before our current era. Signs have been around since the dawn of religious ideaolgy.

4. LOLOLOLLOLOLOL....LOLOLOLOLOL.....LOLOLOL Is this fear mongering??? LOLOLOlllLOLOLOLOOOOOLLLL

5. I guess you believe the movie Legion is non fiction huh.

6. How do you know this for sure? Do you have a special batphone that ? uses to call you with updates on his up and coming rapture? LOLOL

7. Contradiction????

8. Judgment came and went... NEXT
    1. If you want to believe that ? doesn't have a plan for this world, so be it! Your opinion is irrelevant to be quite frank. Nobody can stay the hand of ? or stop Him from carrying out it. Just because you refuse to dig below the surface for meaning and purpose, because of ignorance or pride (idk), it will not stop those who know the truth from proclaiming it.

2. ? has eternity in back of Him and in front of Him my friend. What's long to you is a second to ? . The maker of time is not bound by time. He is carrying out His plan according to His will, His purpose, and His time frame. And honestly, He is delaying His judgment so people like you will come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. He loves you and He wants to save you my friend. Judgment is Gods strange work. ? wants to save, heal, and restore. ? doesn't want to judge. His will is that no one should perish, but that all should inherit eternal life. ? is affording you every opportunity to turn to Him and accept Him as your Savior, that's why He has yet to judge you and this sinful world.

3. The coming of the Lord is immanent my friend. And when He comes he will come like a thief in the night. If you were prepared, you would be prepare to meet Him. But the unsaved are just like a house that has left it's windows open and doors unlocked. They will be caught unawares when their house, goods, and life are spoiled by His coming.

4. No. It's called truth. Jesus described it as such in Matthew 24:21-22
    "For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened."

5. I haven't seen Legion, but hollywood can't replicate what the last 7 years of this age will truly be like.

6. It's called studying the word of ? and having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ our Lord. If you would put your faith in ? and not man, you would understand these things too. What are you waiting for?

7. Where?

8. When?
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Earthquakes been happening for yeaers. Yall act lik this is some phenomenon that just came about. There is nothing biblical about them, just the earth doing what millions of other planets do on the regular....
  • alissowack
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I could be wrong, but I don't think the argument is whether earthquakes are something new. Chile has had an earthquake happen to them before. The question is more in the manner in which both earthquakes happened. Why were they weeks after each other? Are we to expect more in weeks to come? If so, what does it mean in respect to what religions (specifically Christianity) have to say about it? Is it the sign of the times or is it something to overlook?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    edited March 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but I don't think the argument is whether earthquakes are something new. Chile has had an earthquake happen to them before. The qustion is more in which the manner is which both earthquakes happened. Why were they weeks after each other? Are we to expect more in weeks to come? If so, what does mean in respect to what religions (specifically Christianity) have to say about it? Is it the sign of the times or is it something to overlook?

This is exactly what I was getting at. But people were too busy trying to lable the question as ignorant instead of thinking about it and understanding what it implies.

BTW didnt Chile have ANOTHER earthquake after the first one?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Verse 7 and 8 is speaking about the Holy Spirit restraining the mystery of iniquity. Only when the Holy Spirit leaves (the rapture) will the mystery of iniquity (the anti-christ) be allowed to reveal himself.

"For this lawlessness is already at work secretly, and it will remain secret until the one who is holding it back steps out of the way. Then the man of lawlessness will be revealed, but the Lord Jesus will ? him with the breath of his mouth and destroy him by the splendor of his coming." New Living translation

Does that help?

Ok. But how did you relate a physical "rapture" of believers in Christ before the man of sin is revealed? Im not getting that and don't see how you did. It siad nothing about the Holy Spirit. Also, why do you use other translations? I mean they are ok for a supplement but I think we should stick with KJV because there are misleading changes in other translations from some of the passages I have seen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ok. But how did you relate a physical "rapture" of believers in Christ before the man of sin is revealed? Im not getting that and don't see how you did. It siad nothing about the Holy Spirit. Also, why do you use other translations? I mean they are ok for a supplement but I think we should stick with KJV because there are misleading changes in other translations from some of the passages I have seen.

I posted the original in the KJV and you said you didn't understand. I posted the New Living Translation for you to better see what the Lord is talking about but you still don't understand. This leads me back to my initial statement, only the Holy Spirit can teach you these things. Jesus said so Himself. "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." (John 14:26)

Again like I said, I can post scripture after scripture but it will be meaningless (as we can both see) if the Holy Spirit is not the teacher. My prayer for you is that the Holy Spirit will open your eyes to see the truth because He is not the author of confusion.

? bless.
  • phanatron
    phanatron Members Posts: 121 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It seems time and time again, people use religion to avoid basic reasoning and logic. Almost all earthquakes are explainable using the plate tectonic theory. 'Believers' either have no scientific background or they reject 'simple' and reasonable explanations for fantastic, unbelievable ones. One of the main reasons that Christian reject plate tectonic theory is because it incorporates Pangaea, or the theory that all the continents were together as one large land mass. Based on plate tectonics, the continents are moving apart at a specific rate each year. Using tectonics (and other similar measures), we can calculate the age of the earth to be well over 100 million years old. This is significant because using even the most liberal biblical calculations, the Earth is at best 70 thousand years old. So, much like when science determined earth was not the center of the universe, Christians have rejected science (which is informed reasoning...it's not magical, it's just the highest level of reasoning we can achieve) to go with the unreasonable and indefensible.
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited March 2010
    Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_earthquakes

Close thread.

? must hate Hawaii they get volcanos almost everyday.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2010
    Options
    phanatron wrote: »
    It seems time and time again, people use religion to avoid basic reasoning and logic. Almost all earthquakes are explainable using the plate tectonic theory. 'Believers' either have no scientific background or they reject 'simple' and reasonable explanations for fantastic, unbelievable ones. One of the main reasons that Christian reject plate tectonic theory is because it incorporates Pangaea, or the theory that all the continents were together as one large land mass. Based on plate tectonics, the continents are moving apart at a specific rate each year. Using tectonics (and other similar measures), we can calculate the age of the earth to be well over 100 million years old. This is significant because using even the most liberal biblical calculations, the Earth is at best 70 thousand years old. So, much like when science determined earth was not the center of the universe, Christians have rejected science (which is informed reasoning...it's not magical, it's just the highest level of reasoning we can achieve) to go with the unreasonable and indefensible.

If you can answer this question, I will believe that the earth is at least 100 million years old, heck, even at least 70 thousand years old.

"Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding." Job 38:4
  • phanatron
    phanatron Members Posts: 121 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If you can answer this question, I will believe that the earth is at least 100 million years old, heck, even at least 70 thousand years old.

"Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding." Job 38:4

In order to have appreciable discourse, we have to agree how to evaluate information and judge whether it is believable. I reference plate tectonic theory as an explanation for earthquakes and how it undermines the Bible. You pull a random quote out of the Bible.

Seriously, what objective person would give you any type of credence? You will 'believe' if I can answer your random quote? The age of the earth is calculated by looking at the half life of isotopes in fossilized animals and meteorites. Science is a mechanism of reason and logic. If you can't provide any reasons for me to support your position, why would I subscribe to your position over mine? It would make absolutely no sense. I might as well be an animal and not have the power to reason. I wouldn't even need my mental functions.

Understand what I'm saying to you. If you can't defend your position using credible means, what would stop me from first believing what you said, then what the next person said, and then the next....
    If you ask, I can give you the argument that modern Christians use to address scientific data. Its not convincing to me, but at least it its something.