WTF! America's Most Wanted Canceled As A Regular Series

Options
TheBossman
TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
May 16, 2011

Fox has canceled America's Most Wanted in its current format as a regular series. The show will continue to live on, however, in the form of two-hour specials that the network will air once a quarter.

Known as one of the original "reality" shows, America's Most Wanted is the longest-running TV series in the history of the Fox network. It aired its first episode in 1988 and has since helped capture over 1100 fugitives worldwide.

In a conference call today, network president Kevin Reilly said that it no longer made financial sense to keep the show on the air. "We haven't made money on the show in quite awhile," he told reporters. "It wasn't particularly viable."

Another reason for the show's cancellation was to open up its Saturday time slot. The other major networks typically use that night for repeat episodes, and now Fox will do the same. "We're going to be in originals across our schedule," Reilly said. "We want to be able to play repeats to give the audience a chance to catch up and that's one of the few places we can do that."

(Source: Inside TV)

http://www.ismyshowcancelled.com/article/2011-05-16/americas-most-wanted-canceled-as-a-regular-series/

2 hour specials every couple months is ? lame. this and cops was my shows on saturday when i was younger ( and sometimes still to this day)

Comments

• Super Lex
    Super Lex Members Posts: 460
    edited May 2011
    Options
    bossman007 wrote: »
    May 16, 2011

Fox has canceled America's Most Wanted in its current format as a regular series. The show will continue to live on, however, in the form of two-hour specials that the network will air once a quarter.

Known as one of the original "reality" shows, America's Most Wanted is the longest-running TV series in the history of the Fox network. It aired its first episode in 1988 and has since helped capture over 1100 fugitives worldwide.

In a conference call today, network president Kevin Reilly said that it no longer made financial sense to keep the show on the air. "We haven't made money on the show in quite awhile," he told reporters. "It wasn't particularly viable."

Another reason for the show's cancellation was to open up its Saturday time slot. The other major networks typically use that night for repeat episodes, and now Fox will do the same. "We're going to be in originals across our schedule," Reilly said. "We want to be able to play repeats to give the audience a chance to catch up and that's one of the few places we can do that."

(Source: Inside TV)

http://www.ismyshowcancelled.com/article/2011-05-16/americas-most-wanted-canceled-as-a-regular-series/

2 hour specials every couple months is ? lame. this and cops was my shows on saturday when i was younger ( and sometimes still to this day)

That's the problem. Sometimes ain't cutting it when everyone is doing it.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    gotdamn it! what the ? am I gonna watch at 9:00 on saturday night? I know nascar is back on and it wouldnt have been every week but ? ! I need that back on
  • im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    smh @ people under 60 still watching this ? ...the ? ?
  • vageneral08
    edited May 2011
    Options
    im_lux wrote: »
    smh @ people under 60 still watching this ? ...the ? ?

how you think shows like csi and 48 hours get their style from? the orginator AMW.....john walsh is that ?
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    LOL @ quarterly... could at least make it a web series or something
  • bunz
    bunz Members Posts: 1,000
    edited May 2011
    Options
    killap wrote: »
    LOL @ quarterly... could at least make it a web series or something

they are only doing this to calm the critics saying how can you take a show this important off air... this quarterly ? will turn into complete cancelation within the next year or 2
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    As long as they don't cancel the two showings before AMW, COPS, then I'm good.
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i shed a tear

growin up , in my family, it was damn near tradition to watch AMW, COPS, and In Living Color every weekend
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    young law wrote: »
    i shed a tear

growin up , in my family, it was damn near tradition to watch AMW, COPS, and In Living Color every weekend

word, and tgif on friday nights
  • Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If they canceling AMW then cops gotta go to
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Damn, AMW seemed like one of those shows that would stay on tv forever lol....
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Damn ? about to be running loose now....
  • vageneral08
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Cake4real wrote: »
    If they canceling AMW then cops gotta go to

hell no cops is still poppin
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    bossman007 wrote: »
    word, and tgif on friday nights

Lol. TGIF was the ? , especially because I was younger and couldnt do much anyway on a Friday night.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Damn in the end the TV networks and ratings stopped all the snitching..