The Secret Relationship Between Blacks and Jews (Russel Simmons)

Options
DarcSkies777
DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
The Secret Relationship Between Blacks and Jews
There is no question about the well-documented history where the Black and Jews have stood together in their fight for civil rights, equality and political power. But not so much is said about the creative alliances in business where Blacks and Jews are and have been forging new businesses and ideas that have helped enable Blacks and Jews to enter the mainstream in American business. These are the partnerships that have and will create goodwill and change the future.

There are many examples of how Blacks and Jews have come together to fight against hatred and bigotry. In fact, as my friend Rabbi Marc Schneier at The Foundation for Ethnic Understanding, often states (and he even wrote a book about it called Shared Dreams), Dr. King was an ardent supporter of Israel and the Jewish people, including taking part in efforts to ease discrimination against Jews in the Soviet Union and the safety and security of the State of Israel. Dr. King also spoke out strongly against anti-Semitism in the United States. We all know that no segment of the American population provided as much and as consistent support to Dr. King and to African Americans as did the Jewish community.

But, like any relationship, the bond between Jews and African-Americans has experienced its ups and its downs. However, despite claims to the contrary, the relationship between Blacks and Jews today remains strong.

Maybe it's because the Jewish community has suffered from tremendous anti-Semitism throughout history and as a result of their plight, Jews have been able to better sympathize with the struggles facing Blacks. Or maybe it is because the Jewish community knows that if it happens to the Black community it can also happen to them.

So for generations, Jews and Blacks have marched together in the streets of Birmingham and Washington, and shared the stage at venues in Harlem and elsewhere. Our two communities are not afraid to stand side by side, continually defying those who would prefer to see us behind solitary bars and forgotten, not in front of cheering crowds.

Rabbi Schneier and I travel the country sharing these stories, discussing our tale with anyone who will listen - Blacks, Jews, or otherwise. This is true in synagogues and churches as well as college universities like Queens College - which Rabbi Schneier and I will address next week.

Despite the years of anti-Semitism, the Jewish community has not let the hatred of others hinder their ambitions or drive for success. The Jews have been resourceful and have stood together and time and time again prospered in business, medicine, law and entertainment. This is a great example of what a tight knit family and education can accomplish even against a world filled with shut doors and hate.

While I have many first hand experiences in records, jewelry, fashion, internet, TV, film, financial services, and much more, I have also noticed Jay Z, Puffy, and most of hip-hop out-branding the record business that is dying its own death, and building partnerships in areas previously reserved for white men. Both Jay Z and Puffy are truly creative entrepreneurs, and both have learned a lot of these skills from their Jewish partners and suppliers.

Entrepreneurs are usually raised in cultures that feed that free spirit that allows them to dream up new ideas and break the mold. Without documentation I can still safely state that in most hoods, and certainly in mine, going to school to "get a good job" was the goal.

But I built many businesses with Jews who didn't let school dim down their dreams and they were comfortable with the idea to let go of the idea of job security and fly. This I learned from Orthodox Jews, Syrian Jews, Reform Jews and other sects of Judaism. All of these communities have welcomed me.

Since the days when the white gang "The Green Ways" in Queens chased me into the white housing development where the kids and mothers accepted me, and I learned the difference between the "different whites in Queens," the Jewish community has proven to be a safe haven and a place to empower myself and other Blacks.

From our president to everyone in the hip-hop community, we have a strong history and partnership with the Jewish community and today I thought I would restate this fact in case there is any doubt about who else has struggled like Blacks and who else has stood by Blacks in our most difficult times. We know that we still have work to do, however, each individual must exude the kind of tolerance and love that we would want to receive ourselves. We must learn how to love everyone, not just within our own community, as the world is too small, and our potential is too great.

Decent article. He's not a strong writer but I get the sentiment.

Comments

• musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    well it's a known fact that most multimillionaire & powerful blacks are tied to and indebted to Jews. shoot, the first thing Obama did was go and get Rahmbo after election back in November 08.' and it was the Pritzker family who financed Obama while another Jew (Axelrod) ran the campaign.
  • sounds of jacob
    sounds of jacob Banned Users Posts: 166
    edited March 2010
    Options
    WE ARE THE REAL JEWS ( BLACKS ) WHY DO YOU THINK WE CALL OUR SELF A COLOR AND NOT A NATIONALITY ... .... WERE NOT AFRICAN AMERICAN .. AFRICA IS A CONTINENT OF OVER 50 COUNTRIES AND 1000 LANGUAGES WHICH ONE ARE WE ? ... AND AMERICAN ? ... NORTH SOUTH OR CENTRAL ??? WE MIGRATED TO WEST AFRICA FROM ISRAEL IN 70 AD FROM TITUS , VESPASIAN CESARE GOOGLE IT .. THE JEWS YOU SEE TODAY ARE CONVERTS 730 AD KHAZARIAN KING KAGAN BULLON .. GOT JUDAISM FROM A BLACK MAN NAMED

"HASDAI IBN SHARPUT" LOL REMEMBER THEY DIDNT GO TO ISRAEL UNTIL 1948 WW 2 ... THE HOLOCAUST WAS STAGED WE HAVE THE DOCUMENTS TO PROVE IT ... THATS WHY ITS ALWAYS PUBLICIZED ... AND THE AFRICAN( SO CALLED ) WERE REALLY HEBREW .. HOLOCAUST IS NEVER MENTIONED THIS IS NOT RELIGIOUS THIS IS A FACT GOOGLE BEN AMMI CARTER .. PEACE YAH BLESS

THE 12 TRIBES OF ISRAEL

JUDAH- American Blacks
    BENJAMIN- West Indian Blacks
    LEVI- Haitians
    SIMEON- Dominicans
    ZEBULON- Black Indians Guatemala to Panama(Mayans)
    EPHRAIM- Puerto Ricans
    MANASSEH- Cubans
    GAD- Native-American Indians
    REUBEN- Seminole Indians
    ASHER- Columbia to Uruguay (Incas)
    ISSACHAR- Mexicans (Aztecs)
    NAPTHALI- Argentina/Chile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFyPTBkYWAw
  • sounds of jacob
    edited March 2010
    Options
    the secret relationship between blacks and jews

decent article. He's not a strong writer but i get the sentiment.

lol further more the so called( jews) there not real jews .... Financed the trans atlantic slave trade ..... And the word jew is short for judah .. Thats 1 tribe were are the other 11 lol ??? Phony
  • DarcSkies777
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You're preaching to the choir Jacob I know they arent the "Real" Jews. But it's an interesting article so I posted it.
  • sounds of jacob
    edited March 2010
    Options
    you're preaching to the choir jacob i know they arent the "real" jews. But it's an interesting article so i posted it.

lol ohh good post .... Muchh respect yah speech bless ~~!!!
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    aw man, here we go with the "real vs. fake jews" b.s

:\
  • BOSS KTULU
    BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What? You mean two groups of people who are generally hated by everybody else often work together for mutual benefit?

WHAT?
  • DarcSkies777
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited March 2010
    Options
    who is this secret supposed to be kept from, btw?
  • DarcSkies777
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ^ Mexicans

i met a mexican jew one time, i was like ? , you exist
  • DarcSkies777
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ^ I met a Chinese man with an Australian accent

MIND............?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    .... WERE NOT AFRICAN AMERICAN .. AFRICA IS A CONTINENT OF OVER 50 COUNTRIES AND 1000 LANGUAGES WHICH ONE ARE WE ?
    and here i thought the generality of the term "African-American" was meant to reflect the fact that said African-Americans had a diverse range of possible heritages that were difficult to specifically claim due to the nature of their history. but capital letters obviously make more sense than that
    ... THE HOLOCAUST WAS STAGED WE HAVE THE DOCUMENTS TO PROVE IT ...
    it's difficult for you to tell over the internet, but i am rolling my eyes right now

also, must keep posting this:

"
    ZEBULON- Black Indians Guatemala to Panama(Mayans)
    ISSACHAR- Mexicans (Aztecs)
    so... Mexicans are Aztecs, but not Mayans. huh.
    GAD- Native-American Indians
    REUBEN- Seminole Indians
    leaving aside the matter of Mayans or Aztecs or Incans being Native American (or those being the only groups that existed) ... how are Seminoles not "Native American Indians?""
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited March 2010
    Options
    get out of here jank, you pale Goy

this is secret stuff between us blacks and jews
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Good article.. I always felt we should take some pages from their playbook
  • sounds of jacob
    edited March 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    and here i thought the generality of the term "African-American" was meant to reflect the fact that said African-Americans had a diverse range of possible heritages that were difficult to specifically claim due to the nature of their history. but capital letters obviously make more sense than that

it's difficult for you to tell over the internet, but i am rolling my eyes right now

also, must keep posting this:

"so... Mexicans are Aztecs, but not Mayans. huh.

leaving aside the matter of Mayans or Aztecs or Incans being Native American (or those being the only groups that existed) ... how are Seminoles not "Native American Indians?""

first off the word Africa translates to "afri = not cold ca= territory" = look in the scriptures the so called africans there called "ham" which in hebrew means hot... allegory because they inhabit the hottest parameters on the planet ... further more africa = "leo scipios africanus" post puniac wars, A roman .. so thats a colonized misnomer do your home work ....and yes mexicans are aztecs ... further more TRIBE OF GAD - north american indians AGAIN AMERICA = NORTH , CENTRAL , SOUTH .. BUT REALLY THE UNITED STATES IS NOT EVEN AMERICA ... THEY TELL YOU THAT AND YOU TAKE IT ON FACE VALUE ITS A CORPORATION THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE A "PRESIDENT" AND NOT A KING OR QUEEN ... lol and i can post my resources and the documents if you would like...

? was the bastard child of solomon rothschild ... a jew ( khazarian) not real jews .. ( the word jew is short for the tribe of judah where's the other 11 tribes lol? ) it was all staged...
  • sounds of jacob
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I CAN SHOW YOU WERE THE JEWS WERE CALLED NIGERS .... PAUL WAS MISTAKEN FOR AN EGYPTIAN ... MOSES WAS MISTAKEN FOR AN EGYPTIAN .. LOL HOW CAN MARY AND JOSEPH FLEE INTO EGYPT TO HIDE IF THEY WERE CAUCASIAN? WHOM YOU IGNORANTLY CALL JESUS THE CHRIST HAD WOOLLY HAIR AND DARK SKIN SOLOMON SAID HE WAS BLACK BUT COMELY ... AND HIS MOTHER WAS BATHSEEBA AN AFRICAN WOMEN .... LOL THE LIES ARE OVER WE ARE THE TRUE CHILDREN OF ZION

JOEL 3:1 For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,
    JOEL 3:3 And they have cast lots for my people; and have given a boy for an harlot, and sold a girl for wine, that they might drink

6The children also of Judah and the children of Jerusalem have ye sold unto the Grecians, that ye might remove them far from their border.

Deuteronomy 28:49 The LORD shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand 28:41 Thou shalt beget sons and daughters, but thou shalt not enjoy them; for they shall go into captivity DEUTERONOMY 28:68 And the LORD shall bring thee into Egypt ( EGYPT IS A GREEK WORD FOR ? ) again with ships, by the way whereof I spake unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again: and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you (OLD QUAKER ENGLISH FOR SAVE YOU ) .... HERE IS A LECTURE ON "History and archaeology of Israelites" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZSIRInr2so YAH BLESS
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    BOSS KTULU wrote: »
    get out of here jank, you pale Goy
    this is secret stuff between us blacks and jews
    i was traded to the black guy team back in 2002 due, in large part, to my hatred for the white man
    first off the word Africa translates to "afri = not cold ca= territory" = look in the scriptures the so called africans there called "ham" which in hebrew means hot... allegory because they inhabit the hottest parameters on the planet ... further more africa = "leo scipios africanus" post puniac wars, A roman .. so thats a colonized misnomer do your home work
    this actually completely misses the point of how the term was used
    ....and yes mexicans are aztecs ...
    let's try reading the entire quote. here, i will bold the relevant portion for you: "so... Mexicans are Aztecs, but not Mayans. huh"
    further more TRIBE OF GAD - north american indians AGAIN AMERICA = NORTH , CENTRAL , SOUTH .. BUT REALLY THE UNITED STATES IS NOT EVEN AMERICA ... THEY TELL YOU THAT AND YOU TAKE IT ON FACE VALUE ITS A CORPORATION THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE A "PRESIDENT" AND NOT A KING OR QUEEN ... lol and i can post my resources and the documents if you would like...
    so much nonsense for you not even to answer the question. again, i will bold the relevant portion for you: "how are Seminoles not "Native American Indians?"

ps. Mayans, Aztecs and the like are also "Native American Indians"
  • sounds of jacob
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i was traded to the black guy team back in 2002 due, in large part, to my hatred for the white man

LOL YOUR NOT GOING TO ADRESS THOSE SCRIPTURES .... AND NO YOU COMPLETELY MISSED THE POINT SIR ... MY PEOPLE PREDATE THE WORD "AFRICAN " ITS NOT INDIGENOUS IDEOLOGY IT WAS GIVEN TO US ... FURTHER MORE YOUR A WHITE BOY >?? LOL LAUCE
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What? You mean two groups of people who are generally hated by everybody else often work together for mutual benefit?

WHAT?

Not really. Jews were actually duplicitous in a lot of ways when it came to the civil rights issue. They were discriminated against just like blacks. However, when the civil rights laws were broken down they were in a position to benefit where as blacks were not. They came in and took over Miami Beach and entrenched themselves in many segments of society. They used blacks as revolutionary expendables. Mutual benefit is a stretch. Jewish people instill in their children a deep sense of history and collective unity and ethnic education to their children. However, they promote multiculturalism to every one else.

In the 80's in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn, blacks wanted to take over control of the school system since the overwhelming majority of the students were black. Guess which segment of the community fought them tooth and nail and successfully used their judicial clout to thwart this while at the same time establish themselves in Crown Heights? Yep.

Just saying, we should not be fooled by outward shows of solidarity. If you want to help me, help me get what you got or at least get out of my way while I try to get it.

The richest per capita community on the face of the Earth are the South African Jews. They benefit from a grossly unjust racial hierarchy, yet even though they faced historical discrimination and injustice they turn around and participate in apartheid.
  • And Step
    edited March 2010
    Options

let's try reading the entire quote. here, i will bold the relevant portion for you: "so... Mexicans are Aztecs, but not Mayans. huh"

so much nonsense for you not even to answer the question. again, i will bold the relevant portion for you: "how are Seminoles not "Native American Indians?"

ps. Mayans, Aztecs and the like are also "Native American Indians"

My point exactly. Most of these designations are overlapping. The seminoles(of which my wife descends from) inhabited the Southern part of the United States. People forget America is not just the US. The Natives inhabited Canada all the way down to the tip of South America.

Plus the designation of Puerto Rican as a tribe is nonsensical. Those people are a mixture of Black, Native, and European in a majority of instances.
  • And Step
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Russell is selling, but I'm not buying.

I know for a fact that they lean on him and since most of his wealth depends upon their connects in the music industry, distribution, and media. He has to say that.

Jewish Leaders own wealthy blacks. Literally.

Mr. Johnson from Johnson Beauty Products was planning to manufacture a line of beauty products that was a collaborative effort by some Nationalist organization and some of them told him if he did they would pull the plug on the distribution of his products and he reneged.

The relationship is strictly slave and master. If you think otherwise, I have some prime real estate in Chernobyl I can sell you.
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lol

even the blacks blame the jews for everything
  • sounds of jacob
    edited March 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    My point exactly. Most of these designations are overlapping. The seminoles(of which my wife descends from) inhabited the Southern part of the United States. People forget America is not just the US. The Natives inhabited Canada all the way down to the tip of South America.

Plus the designation of Puerto Rican as a tribe is nonsensical. Those people are a mixture of Black, Native, and European in a majority of instances.
    Hosea 7:8
    Ephraim, he hath mixed himself among the people; Ephraim is a cake not turned.

meaning they come from very light to dark ( like a pancake not turned ) all you just did was advocate and confirm prophecy lol and we no seminoles who have kept there aboriginal culture as ibarya yasharahla (hebrew israelites ) lol come on man
  • And Step
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lol

even the blacks blame the jews for everything

Nah. Just don't buy the solidarity argument. I mean hey if you can benefit from somebody elses work. It's not their fault, we just got to learn the difference between guns and butter.