Death

Options
DEE-LICIOUS
DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
Have you ever watched a loved one die? How do you handle that?

Comments

• fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I saw a relative die. I didn't really do anything special about it.
  • Jesus Jackson
    Jesus Jackson Members Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Do you mean like, violently, as in seeing your son get hit by a car, or do you mean like watching a relative with a terminal illness finally succumb?
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Are you talking about your Aunt Dee? I'm sorry your going through that pooh. Just stay busy yo.
  • shawnbrown
    shawnbrown Members Posts: 2,256
    edited May 2011
    Options
    watched my pops body my moms..... ? ass cops stood over her while she tried to catch her breath in a pool of her blood and just let her leak out
  • bunz
    bunz Members Posts: 1,000
    edited May 2011
    Options

yea watched my uncle (godfather) die of cancer.... he was 6'6 300 lbs and was like 170 when he died.... he had kidney cancer.... when his kidneys stopped working the fluid was just filling up his body... it was terrible and scary as ? .... he had legs the size of tree trunks and the rest of his body was skin and bone... and his skin was yellow.... its tough to deal with when it happens like that especially when they are too young to go.... but thus is life... dont hold back emotions, let that all out and youll feel better about it as time goes on
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    watch my aunt pass when they disconnected her from the life support. i couldn't even stay in the room as her heart rate started goin down. ish was hard.
  • shawnbrown
    edited May 2011
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    watch my aunt pass when they disconnected her from the life support. i couldn't even stay in the room as her heart rate started goin down. ish was hard.

damn........... sorry to hear that
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ain't got ? to say to death except "not today"
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    Are you talking about your Aunt Dee? I'm sorry your going through that pooh. Just stay busy yo.
    Yea...I'm haunted right now. Can't even sleep or anything.
    bunz wrote: »
    yea watched my uncle (godfather) die of cancer.... he was 6'6 300 lbs and was like 170 when he died.... he had kidney cancer.... when his kidneys stopped working the fluid was just filling up his body... it was terrible and scary as ? .... he had legs the size of tree trunks and the rest of his body was skin and bone... and his skin was yellow.... its tough to deal with when it happens like that especially when they are too young to go.... but thus is life... dont hold back emotions, let that all out and youll feel better about it as time goes on
    man...this is exactly what I'm seeing. Verbatim.
    this is crazy...damn. definitely sorry u had to witness that. I'm hoping I'm not around when she passes. i literally cannot deal with just this part of it. I'm being haunted by her image all day which makes me wanna sleep and dream instead of being awake all damn day. This is so crazy. I keep wishing reality was a dream...
    shawnbrown wrote: »
    watched my pops body my moms..... ? ass cops stood over her while she tried to catch her breath in a pool of her blood and just let her leak out
    yo...are you serious? I don't even want details...sorry to even make you THINK about something like that. That's just...wow. just wow. RIP
  • all original
    all original Members Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    saw one of my best friends get thrown from his bike. wasnt speedin or doin nothin crazy. when i ran up on him he had his eyes open and blood was pourin out his nose. he wasnt talkin and everybody was over him jus tellin him to hold on breath its gone be ok. his breaths jus kept gettin slower and slower and his eyes started kinda flickerin and slowly they jus closed and i saw my ? take his last breath.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yea...I'm haunted right now. Can't even sleep or anything.

man...this is exactly what I'm seeing. Verbatim.

this is crazy...damn. definitely sorry u had to witness that. I'm hoping I'm not around when she passes. i literally cannot deal with just this part of it. I'm being haunted by her image all day which makes me wanna sleep and dream instead of being awake all damn day. This is so crazy. I keep wishing reality was a dream...

yo...are you serious? I don't even want details...sorry to even make you THINK about something like that. That's just...wow. just wow. RIP

yeah that was my 1st time watchin somebody pass. my aunt was there for me & my sis after our mama passed 21yrs ago. she had a stroke. went into a coma. never woke up. that day was mucked up. the only where i actually shed tears other than my mama's funeral, was that day.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited May 2011
    Options

damn bruh. that would muck me up for LIFE!!! man i can't even fathom the pain u went thru.
  • shawnbrown
    edited May 2011
    Options
    damn bruh. that would muck me up for LIFE!!! man i can't even fathom the pain u went thru.
    Yo real talk, i never thought I could forgive my father but 16 years later we write each other back and forth. I realize that If I could get over something as horrible as that, then there isnt much that can bother me yo. Im not sayin im Superman but it gave me strength I never thought I had to get over other ? in life.
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

I can't even imagine what it would be like to watch someone you love die right in front of your eyes. Losing my friends when I was younger was bad enough but to have seen it right in front of me would have been traumatizing.
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    there's a guy here who stands on the seat to ? I kid you not.

saw his feet leave the ground once and not come back down for at least two minutes at least. so I lurked around the office outside the bathroom and ID'ed him when he walked out cuz I just had to see who the hell this work of art was.

balding russian. lives in brighton. tried to get me to come over drink vodka and play chess once. then got all ice grill on me when I was like "sounds great" and never brought it up again.
  • shawnbrown
    edited May 2011
    Options

saw his feet leave the ground once and not come back down for at least two minutes at least. so I lurked around the office outside the bathroom and ID'ed him when he walked out cuz I just had to see who the hell this work of art was.

balding russian. lives in brighton. tried to get me to come over drink vodka and play chess once. then got all ice grill on me when I was like "sounds great" and never brought it up again.

yo this ? posts be having me dyin
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

? was they supposed to do? unstab the ? ? They cops not medics.

get ya mind right ? , your country needs you
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options

Just came to terms with the fact that their suffering was more painful to watch than them not being here overall....
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

yo! ? is hilarious...
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

Got damn that's crazy b, sorry to hear about that
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i was there when my grandad had the heat stroke that later killed him.... that ? still ? with me.... the ? people at 911 thought i was lyin.... they said " kids need to stop playin on the damn phone".....

i was there when my sister died......

i was playin when i found out my uncle got shot.....
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yeah. When I was 9 years old 1 of my best friends was shot in a drive by. We were walking home from school w/ his older brother & stopped by the basketball courts around the corner from where we lived. His brother was talking to some guy so I went to the store acroos the street to get a soda. While I'm in the store I hear gunshots & tires screeching & I come outside & see his brother screaming all crazy. I run over there & he was laying on the ground struggling to breathe. I knelled down beside him & held his head up to try to help him breathe while his brother was screaming for someone to call 911. He died right there in my arms. I'm 24 years old it still ? w/ me to this day.
  • babafryo
    babafryo Members Posts: 679 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    bunz wrote: »

my grandfather passed the same way, it was rough
  • bluntone
    bluntone Members Posts: 358
    edited May 2011
    Options
    my favorite aunt passed of pneumonia. she was sick and her daughter kept telling her to go to the doctor. well, when she finally went, but it was too late. her lungs filled up with water and it was a wrap.
    that was back in 2002.