Hold up....I'm having trouble understanding this....Help me out

Options
Rey Negro
Rey Negro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Kobe Bryant wins 5 rings....is compared to Michael Jordan. Critics say never in a million years. He played with Shaq. He played with Pau Gasol. He always had a stacked team. Ron Artest saved him in Game 7. He played horrible in Game 7, etc.

Lebron James is still ringless, plays with Dwyane Wade & Chris Bosh.....is compared to Michael Jordan. The Media, Critics & the average sports watcher says sure. Im having trouble understanding this blatant hypocrisy here.

Comments

• Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Kobe aint no MJ and never wil be. He won 3 rings as a sidekick and 2 rings as the alpha dog. Bron is a better talent than Kobe. Close thread
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »
    Kobe aint no MJ and never wil be. He won 3 rings as a sidekick and 2 rings as the alpha dog. Bron is a better talent than Kobe. Close thread

the only smart thing you've ever said
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lol at kobe being a sidekick......I don't know many sidekicks that averaged what he did during the season and playoffs during that 3peat
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    htowntx wrote: »
    Lol at kobe being a sidekick......I don't know many sidekicks that averaged what he did during the season and playoffs during that 3peat

He was a great side kick, but Shaq was clearly the leader of those squads.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lol shaq did that same ? before and got swept in the finals. It was clearly them splitting time as #1. Kobe had the 2nd and 4th qtr as the #1 option. FACT. Kobe was hitting game winners or drawing double teams to pass to an open shaq, rick fox, horry, or fisher. On top of that he was making the clutch freethrows. Yall ? dont understand basketball
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    htowntx wrote: »

Tmac,Vc,Iverson woulda stil won those rings if either wuz on that Laker team in the 00s. Maybe its wrong to say he wuz a sidekick but we all know shaq owned the league back then. Since i started watchn the game, wit exception of MJ, shaq is the only unstoppable force ive ever seen play the game when he wuz in hz prime. He wuz killin dudes.
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lol shaq did that same ? before and got swept in the finals. It was clearly them splitting time as #1. Kobe had the 2nd and 4th qtr as the #1 option. FACT. Kobe was hitting game winners or drawing double teams to pass to an open shaq, rick fox, horry, or fisher. On top of that he was making the clutch freethrows. Yall ? dont understand basketball

They don't hear u bruh......
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I really don't get it when people say LeBron is more talented than Kobe..How?? He's the biggest and most athletic ? on the damn court every night(probably in history), so it's easy for him to put his head down and barrel in the ? paint to get buckets..I admit his jumpshot has come a long way from what it used to be, but if you know the game and watch basketball, you can clearly see Kobe is more talented and more skilled...It's harder for Kobe to play at the level he plays/played at then it is for LeBron, cuz he doesn't have the height and 265 pounds of muscle to lean back on..But anyway, yea i noticed people tryna compare Bron to Jordan, and when you bring up Kobe they call it disrespectful, which is utter ? cuz of the 5 rings but also, he's still only 32 and still climbing alot of major statistical categories..Loss of some of his athleticism made Kobe transform his game which he's done smoothly, and is still playing at a high level...Let's see what LeBron does when his athleticism starts to leave in another 6 years or so...Kobe>>>LeBron
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »
    I really don't get it when people say LeBron is more talented than Kobe..How?? He's the biggest and most athletic ? on the damn court every night(probably in history), so it's easy for him to put his head down and barrel in the ? paint to get buckets..I admit his jumpshot has come a long way from what it used to be, but if you know the game and watch basketball, you can clearly see Kobe is more talented and more skilled...It's harder for Kobe to play at the level he plays/played at then it is for LeBron, cuz he doesn't have the height and 265 pounds of muscle to lean back on..But anyway, yea i noticed people tryna compare Bron to Jordan, and when you bring up Kobe they call it disrespectful, which is utter ? cuz of the 5 rings but also, he's still only 32 and still climbing alot of major statistical categories..Loss of some of his athleticism made Kobe transform his game which he's done smoothly, and is still playing at a high level...Let's see what LeBron does when his athleticism starts to leave in another 6 years or so...Kobe>>>LeBron

I didnt read this. Being big and athletic is a talent. Lebron is the most talented all time except maybe Shaq. Kobe is more skilled. Stick to the topic
  • Rey Negro
    Rey Negro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »

Type of ? makes me annoyed....i remember last year, the criticism was that Kobe wasn't the GOAT because he needed Gasol (a Big man to be successful). How the ? can you discredit Kobe for playin with Gasol but look the other way now that Lebron's playing with a player 20x that of Gasol.
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Rey ? wrote: »
    Type of ? makes me annoyed....i remember last year, the criticism was that Kobe wasn't the GOAT because he needed Gasol (a Big man to be successful). How the ? can you discredit Kobe for playin with Gasol but look the other way now that Lebron's playing with a player 20x that of Gasol.

Because lebron didnt ? a white girl in colorado and lebron doesnt have the rings. the more rings he gets the more scorn he'll get from the Jordan militia.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Kobe is more skilled than LeBron

LeBron will never have Kobe offensive or defensive skills

All Bron does is travel and run over ?
    kobe is a better shooter. THats the only thing he's done better. bron is a better passer, defender, rebounder.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    Because lebron didnt ? a white girl in colorado and lebron doesnt have the rings. the more rings he gets the more scorn he'll get from the Jordan militia.

truth. and its a ? shame too.

at one point kobe was what lebron is now. best player and face of the league, heir apparent... and soon as he got close, ? been tryin they hardest to tear him down

it already started when people noticed lebron officially surpassed kobe as current best in the game in 2009
  • dabullsss
    dabullsss Banned Users Posts: 853
    edited May 2011
    Options
    the LBJ thing will blow over, media reacts quickly. if he wins he will have 1 and DWADE will have 2....so we will see
    on another note
    the media are hypocrites......Of all the all time greats ...... (Bird, Kareem, MJ, Magic, Wilt) no one has had a softer "Robin" than Kobe....Gasol is overated but looks good next to KB24.
    The bigger double-standard is how Kobe gets hate by playing with Shaq when Magic was CLEARLY "Robin" to Kareem for 5 rings and never won with him. lost 4 finals but yet he gets no hate from media.....I will admit im a Kobe fan but how is Kobe not >>>Magic
    both got 5 rings
    Kobe had a 2peat without SHAQ
    Magic has 0 without Kareem (who is the all time leader scorer by the way)
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Okay, well explain why Shaq was accepting those NBA Finals MVP Awards....then calling Kobe the best player in the league, only a few days later??

Was Shaq just bullshyttn?

Nothing else needs to be said after the bolded.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    kobe is a better shooter. THats the only thing he's done better. bron is a better passer, defender, rebounder.

? yourself 2 times
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    An argument everybody is a afraid to argue against: put Jordan from any year he was active with 2000-2002 Shaq and Jordan would be considered a "sidekick" as well...
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ? ya'll, winning is winning. Thats what you play sports for. Lebron hasnt done that on the level of either Kobe or Jordan. Bottom ? line. You have all been witness to a bunch of ? losing. Jordan didnt lose in the finals. Ever. Stop crowning ? that havent done ? . And even if he did, he will be labeled as the greatest winner to call himself the best, but ran to another ? team to do it.Thats the same as barkley going to Houston with pippen. And he got ? for it....Kobe and Jordan aint have to do that.....
This discussion has been closed.