Greg Oden to the Heat?

Options
usmarin3
usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
“I do think there is an outside chance the Heat makes a run at Greg Oden, or at least sees what the asking price would be,” writes Winderman.

Winderman has covered the Heat for 22 years.

Greg Oden to Miami Heat? | AM Basketball
http://www.sportscriticradio.com/201...iami-heat.html

Was just watching Mike n Mike in the morning and they had the NBA annalist on and he stated that Oden would be pursued by the Heat.

Seems kinda like an Ideal fit since Miami can't afford a big time center and Oden isn't going to get a big contract from anyone. His health is still a major concern but he claims to be rehabbing fine.

My question is with Oden semi-healthy for a while, would the heat not be the best team in the NBA by a mile?

Realisticly speaking if Oden could play at a level anywhere near what he was expected to do then I don't see the Heat being beatable. I still think a team like the wizards would try to outbid miami though.

This ? wouldn't even be fair if that happen, can you say shot blocks and fast breaks all damn day with Oden's shot blocking.

Comments

• TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    no.................................................
  • usmarin3
    edited May 2011
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    no.................................................

What you mean no, the Heat clearly need a young shot blocker at that center position and you can get him for cheap. It's pretty damn smart imo, especially if you can get him healthy and limit his minutes.

You figure if Miami wins the title Z, Mcglore,Howard, Bibby,etc will retire and clear up room under the salary cap and leaving a need for big men.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Could turn out great or turrible.

Won't hurt to try tho.
  • Mr.Burns
    Mr.Burns Members Posts: 517
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You know how Superman has that ? version of himself? Greg Oden is exactly that to Lebron.
  • usmarin3
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Mr.Burns wrote: »
    You know how Superman has that ? version of himself? Greg Oden is exactly that to Lebron.

lmfao, i forgot they look alike. Lol at Lebron finally having that father figure!
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    can he even play?
  • usmarin3
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Dizzel3000 wrote: »
    can he even play?

He has been rehabbing forever. It's not like they are asking for offensive contribution from him, he just need to block shots and rebound.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    man i said this at the beginning of the year when Portland said they wouldnt resign oden. But man id go wit Deandre jordan first, then oden.

either way it wont hurt to sign him. If he's done for the year again we can still win. I just want to make sure we get deandre jordan first
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    cj012890 wrote: »
    Could turn out great or turrible.

Won't hurt to try tho.

lmaoooooooooooooooo
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    He has been rehabbing forever. It's not like they are asking for offensive contribution from him, he just need to block shots and rebound.

i know ...it actually would be a perfect fit if his body can physically hold up but that ? hasnt been healthy since highschool so i doubt it ...but if there is any team set to take that chance it would be the heat
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lmao @ annalist

greg oden would get hurt on the flight to miami
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Naw were good, I'd rather have are avg centers then his injured ass. It's sad though cuz he might have been a top center in the NBA if he wasn't injured all the time.
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    lmao @ annalist

deceased......
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    man i said this at the beginning of the year when Portland said they wouldnt resign oden. But man id go wit Deandre jordan first, then oden.

either way it wont hurt to sign him. If he's done for the year again we can still win. I just want to make sure we get deandre jordan first

cosign... but if the clippers are able to move kaman, then he's staying in LA
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    WTF is up w/ Joell Anthony? Is he just a fail? What exactly was his potential (I didn't know of him as an NBA prospect)?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ? , Blazers stuck with this mufucka all this time...He goin give us Portland fans something
  • usmarin3
    edited May 2011
    Options
    WTF is up w/ Joell Anthony? Is he just a fail? What exactly was his potential (I didn't know of him as an NBA prospect)?

Anthony is a beast, good defender and rebounder, but he is undersized. The ? is Lebrons height, Heat need a legit seven footer! Anthony is just one of those hard working dudes who worked his way to the league, he has over achieved.
  • usmarin3
    edited May 2011
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    ? , Blazers stuck with this mufucka all this time...He goin give us Portland fans something

He needs a fresh start!
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If that ? can stay healthy sure but i doubt it so no..

Hopefully we can get Deandre and give Pittman some pt next year
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    He needs a fresh start!

he going get fresh minimum contract and earn something and Portland. As far as im concerned, he need to at least give Portland half of what Kevin Durant gave his team.

Average about 12 and 8 plus 4 blocks and avoid being called a bust
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    What you mean no, the Heat clearly need a young shot blocker at that center position and you can get him for cheap. It's pretty damn smart imo, especially if you can get him healthy and limit his minutes.

You figure if Miami wins the title Z, Mcglore,Howard, Bibby,etc will retire and clear up room under the salary cap and leaving a need for big men.

greg odens body acts like his real age, so no they should waste their money on his frail ass
  • magic_b
    magic_b Members Posts: 282
    edited May 2011
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    lmao @ annalist

Would he even make it THAT far?

Lol @ Oden tearing his ACL going through the security scanner
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Greg Oden is Sam Bowie dont think they need him he'll break his wrist signing the contract
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    how would lebron feel about his pops being on the same squad