In all honesty...

Options
Jr523
Jr523 Members Posts: 829 ✭✭
edited May 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
I think that T-Mac is a better player than Kobe was in his prime. Kobe is a glorified chucker that takes the credit when they win, but evades the blame when they lose.

Comments

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lebron>>>t-mac
  • Jr523
    Jr523 Members Posts: 829 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    lebron>>>t-mac

Lebron>>>> Kobe and T-Mack.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Jr523 wrote: »
    I think that T-Mac is a better player than Kobe was in his prime. Kobe is a glorified chucker that takes the credit when they win, but evades the blame when they lose.

what was tmac???? a 2x time scoring champion with 7 allstar appearances

but never made an all defensive team, never made it out the first round, career 43% shooter

he had a good run but he aint better than kobe
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    what was tmac???? a 2x time scoring champion with 7 allstar appearances

but never made an all defensive team, never made it out the first round, career 43% shooter

he had a good run but he aint better than kobe

thread ether
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    tmac let his team lose 21 in a row..

that all i came to say..
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    if you would have said scorer...your point would have some good points...but you said "player" and i must politely disagree...
  • afromo
    afromo Members Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    t-mac never played to his potential as an all around player except in the scoring category. In his prime I think he was a better scorer and passer than Kobe BUT he didnt commit to defense on a nightly basis and Kobe's drive & will >>>>>T-macs. Just Like Van Gundy and Doc Rivers said T-mac coulda been the GOAT but his work ethic was ? so that's why he's where he is now IMO
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    That got shut down when Kobe dropped 40 on him and locked him down at the same time. Nobody said that anymore. Watch the games and shut the ? up ? .
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    This actually has a bit of credibility ...... there was a two year stretch where t-mac was putting up numbers for a guard only rivaled by jordan ...too bad he got hurt
  • afromo
    afromo Members Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    That got shut down when Kobe dropped 40 on him and locked him down at the same time. Nobody said that anymore. Watch the games and shut the ? up ? .

they've both won battle against eachother no need for feelings to get
    2.gif
    tracymcgradydestroykobebryant.gif
    1.gif
    d85fa728.gif
  • ReppinTime
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Dizzel3000 wrote: »
    This actually has a bit of credibility ...... there was a two year stretch where t-mac was putting up numbers for a guard only rivaled by jordan ...too bad he got hurt

In Tmac's prime he was matching Kobe's numbers except Kobe was a top defensive player in the league and tmac didnt rank. When they played Kobe routinely locked him up and Tmac would rarely even guard Kobe. I remember Kobe guarding him and them having to put Tmac on Rick Fox cause Kobe kept him in foul trouble.

afromo wrote: »
    they've both won battle against eachother no need for feelings to get]

Great offensive players are going to have better games than the other occasionally but never in Tmac's career did he ever come close to locking up Kobe and Kobe locked him up on multiple occasions and while still going off himself. Tmac never even won a playoff series, Vince>>>>>>>>>Tmac.
  • ysl313
    edited May 2011
    Options
    In Tmac's prime he was matching Kobe's numbers except Kobe was a top defensive player in the league and tmac didnt rank. When they played Kobe routinely locked him up and Tmac would rarely even guard Kobe. I remember Kobe guarding him and them having to put Tmac on Rick Fox cause Kobe kept him in foul trouble.

this is the point. Scoring wise, t-mac was up and almost beyond. But as a PLAYER he was not on the same level as Kobe. T-Macs biggest flaw was not become a complete player thus relying on his ability to score and taking breaks on defense on occasion.
  • OFWGKTA
    OFWGKTA Banned Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    t-mac could only score. dude couldnt play defense. never was a leader. didnt no how to win. had a bad attitude. he's more of a montel ellis type then a kobe type. smh at you even thinking hes close to kobe. ?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    afromo wrote: »
    t-mac never played to his potential as an all around player except in the scoring category. In his prime i think he was a better scorer and passer than kobe but he didnt commit to defense on a nightly basis and kobe's drive & will >>>>>t-macs. Just like van gundy and doc rivers said t-mac coulda been the goat but his work ethic was ? so that's why he's where he is now imo

lies i tell ya lies!!
  • ReppinTime
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ysl313 wrote: »
    this is the point. Scoring wise, t-mac was up and almost beyond. But as a PLAYER he was not on the same level as Kobe. T-Macs biggest flaw was not become a complete player thus relying on his ability to score and taking breaks on defense on occasion.

Tmac is as almost as good a scorer to ever play. But the facts are he never reached Kobe's highs scoring or defensively. Kobe dropped 53 on him and held him to 29%FG. That was the end of these debates. ? dont remember ? .
  • ReppinTime
    edited May 2011
    Options
    "Kobe was always like that. My first year, me and Kobe was really good friends our first couple of years in the league," McGrady said. "I used to go to his house and stay the night. I was real close with his family. This guy, I thought he was crazy. This guy used to tell me, 'Man, I'm telling you, Mac. I'm better than Mike. I'm better than Mike right now.'

"He honestly, as a teenager, believed that he was better than Mike at that time. From that point on, I knew this guy was striving for greatness."

Rome asked where did McGrady think Bryant got that edge.

"He was built for that. He was put on this earth just for that. Some guys just have that. Tiger Woods, he has that….those guys have that killer mentality. I don't know where it comes from, but he damn sure has it."

• ysl313
    edited May 2011
    Options

? should have taken notes instead of playing x-box with kobe's kids in his pjs and ? ...

ol "Can I get an extra slice, Mrs. Bryant?" ass ?
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ? should have taken notes instead of playing x-box with kobe's kids in his pjs and ? ...

Ol "can i get an extra slice, mrs. Bryant?" ass ?

lol................
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    OFWGKTA wrote: »
    t-mac could only score. dude couldnt play defense. never was a leader. didnt no how to win. had a bad attitude. he's more of a montel ellis type then a kobe type. smh at you even thinking hes close to kobe. ?

false, didnt do it all the time but could play great defense when he wanted
  • ysl313
    edited May 2011
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    false, didnt do it all the time but could play great defense when he wanted

true...that's even worse. If he just couldn't play defense thats one thing. But he was lazy a lot of times...dude didn't have that dedication that the greatest have but his talent could have been unmatched.
  • ReppinTime
    edited May 2011
    Options

ol "Can I get an extra slice, Mrs. Bryant?" ass ?

lmfao cosign
  • likwid-cyance
    likwid-cyance Members Posts: 95
    edited May 2011
    Options
    when it comes to pure skills

Magic > Lebron > MJ > Kobe

Magic and bron could play the 1-4 and defend the 5 if need be and be an all star at it
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I dont think some people can differentiate.. between skills, athleticism, and physical make up...
  • ReppinTime
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I dont think some people can differentiate.. between skills, and athleticism, and phsyical make up...

cosign. clearly that post doesn't know the difference between them.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    How is tmac a better player in his prime? all he did was score. Kobe averaged 40ppg in a month. dropped 81 in a game. All while being top5 on defense. smh