Is Currensy coming out with too much music??

Options
truth spitter
truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in The Reason
I just peeped the front page and it's talking about him discussing his next project..I like his music but I'm finding myself losing interest...after PT2 I aint really been checkin for his music..I listened to Covert Coup like one time all the way through

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lol I like Spitta but I only listened to Covert Coupe one time too, he need to chill for a minute then drop his major debut
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    No

Let him drop ? as much as he wants
  • siqnih da rapper
    siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    No

Let him drop ? as much as he wants

cosign he one of my fave rappers so why will i want him to stop?
  • bufu
    bufu Members Posts: 71
    edited May 2011
    Options
    good question. a big fan of PT 1 and 2, jet files and how fly, so i bump them the most, and i rotate through his mixtapes/covert coup a decent amount so i really don't get tired of them. ima start worrying if it becomes one low quality project after another. i guess the best of his catalogue is good enough to not dwell on the mediocre stuff. also, remember that covert coup is as much an alchemist album as a curren$y album so it was kind of a different vibe, but i love seeing rappers work on whole albums with producers so i cant knock it

edit: excited to see $pitta in concert for a second time in less than 24 hours. soundset MN (along with atmosphere, de la soul, big boi, slaughterhouse, brother ali, and more)
  • Brova
    Brova Members Posts: 3,171 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I heard Jet Files was trash
  • bufu
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Brova wrote: »

i personally liked it. it was mad laid back, a lot of the songs sound like they were made for a tropical vacation. but im a big spitta fan, as you can see from my avi
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Brova wrote: »

Only 2 years ago but that was 6-7 projects ago
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yeah.. he is. I hate when artists do this because I feel like I have to get everything. There's no anticipation any more. I have like 500 songs of Curren$y in my itunes (I've been on him since Wayne days.. he did like 7 mixtapes post Cash Money, pre Wiz Khalifa fame). Way too much for an artist who ain't in my top 20. While my favorite singer D'Angelo only has like 50 songs in my itunes.

He's gonna oversaturate. There's no time for growth between projects.

But I guess he wants to get it while he's hot.
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    No cuz if he stops, people are gonna stop ? with him cuz outta sight, outta mind. As long as he is droppin quality (in which he is) he is straight
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yall weren't ? with This Ain't No Mixtape, Smokee Robinson, Return of the Winner's Circle???

Everyone who was around during the 30,000 Feet days, Super Techmo Bowl, Independence Day, all that ? in this thread stand up. It seems like Spitta started gettin big after How Fly
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Yall weren't ? with This Ain't No Mixtape, Smokee Robinson, Return of the Winner's Circle???

Everyone who was around during the 30,000 Feet days, Super Techmo Bowl, Independence Day, all that ? in this thread stand up. It seems like Spitta started gettin big after How Fly

Have all three
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    nah. its not like he makes a ton of money from selling albums anyway, this way he can tour as much as he want without getting bored of doing the same songs
  • bufu
    edited May 2011
    Options

higher than 30,000 feet was my ? . it's when i started being aware of spitta, but it took me a little longer before i was actively checking for him. fast times at ridgemont fly was probably the next thing he put out that i bumped heavy.
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

I ? wit all of them, been playin his ? since Dedication 2. But my personal favorite mixtape of his was Fear & Loathing In New Orleans. To be honest tho I havent heard anything from him since PT.2 and I love that album.
  • will blax
    will blax Members Posts: 539 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I just became a fan so it works for me

http://youtu.be/Sbo7vad5BV0
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It would be different if he was releasing garbage but he isn't, so let him cook
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ive only been a spitta fan since Pilot Talk 1 and nah i say he's doing fine. I think as long as its quality no problem.....
  • daboyag1
    daboyag1 Members, Writer Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    been on fan since 06 probably will always be a fan
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    bufu wrote: »
    i personally liked it. it was mad laid back, a lot of the songs sound like they were made for a tropical vacation. but im a big spitta fan, as you can see from my avi

is Jet Files anything like PT2 (cuz this is the same criticism i hear with Pt2...too laid back) cuz I ? love that album.
  • bufu
    edited May 2011
    Options
    is Jet Files anything like PT2 (cuz this is the same criticism i hear with Pt2...too laid back) cuz I ? love that album.

i guess that its a pretty good comparison, especially beatwise. i would recommend checking out jet files cuz im having a hard time describing it lol. a lot of the beats are low-key but i feel like he raps more energetic than he does on pilot talk 2. im wondering though if pilot talk 1 is a better comparison. if you're a fan of either PT then i say you should check out jet files
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Imma say no just because what he's putting out is good..it may not great but its no where near bein trash..
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yeah he is.

As much as I enjoy having a bunch of free music from one of my favorite artists, it's too much.

I can't keep up.

Covert Coup was sick, but he's already on to the next one and I haven't even had a chance to listen to it more than 2 or 3 times.

Slow down son, you killing em.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    not imo because he's not sacrificing quality. I think spitta is overrated(this doesn't mean i dont like him, just saying I think hes overrated), but he's usually pretty consistent and as long as he's still consistent he can drop as much ? as he wants....
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Hell nah, Currensy is killing'em

JETS ? !...
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    bufu wrote: »
    good question. a big fan of PT 1 and 2, jet files and how fly, so i bump them the most, and i rotate through his mixtapes/covert coup a decent amount so i really don't get tired of them. ima start worrying if it becomes one low quality project after another. i guess the best of his catalogue is good enough to not dwell on the mediocre stuff. also, remember that covert coup is as much an alchemist album as a curren$y album so it was kind of a different vibe, but i love seeing rappers work on whole albums with producers so i cant knock it

edit: excited to see $pitta in concert for a second time in less than 24 hours. soundset MN (along with atmosphere, de la soul, big boi, slaughterhouse, brother ali, and more)

Dying for a Curren$y & Big Boi collab!