Difficult levels on videogames

Options
freshb651
freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in IllGaming
Remember that level on Ninja Turtles for NES where you had to diffuse all the bombs in the water with the electric sea-weed ?

Comments

• renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited March 2010
    Options
    killing radec on elite difficulty in under 15 minutes on killzone 2
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    Remember that level on Ninja Turtles for NES where you had to diffuse all the bombs in the water with the electric sea-weed ?
    That ? was harder than mother of ? . That was one of those certified throwing controllers and ? at the TV levels.

The first stage of that game Amagon on the NES was nucking futs too. You wasn't getting anywhere near the second stage on that game if you didn't find the little strongman key that made you get brolic and take ? out with one punch. What I hated about that ? is that you almost ALWAYS ran out of ammo before you got brolic so you was running around using the rifle like a club and it took like 8 hits with that ? to take out a common ? ass bat. That game was hard for no reason.
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Flying school on San Andreas almost made me quit the game that ? was pointless. I never used none of those "tricks" after leaving it so WTF was it mandatory for?
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    the ? yall ? know about battletoads? this ? had me screamin and yellin, i broke my NES because of this ?
  • ex-soldier
    ex-soldier Members Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    the ? yall ? know about battletoads? this ? had me screamin and yellin, i broke my NES because of this ?

I hated that ? level... which made me hate that game... which made me get a ? genesis...

This game made me hate all amphibious creatures... Ninja Turtles to Kermit the Frog.

? this Game!!!!
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    gh0st wrote: »
    Flying school on San Andreas almost made me quit the game that ? was pointless. I never used none of those "tricks" after leaving it so WTF was it mandatory for?

? , you ain't lyin' right here. That ? along w/ that other level w/ that comic book store geek ? me off in that game. ? was on there tryin' to fly across San Fierro w/ remote control planes and ? . I'd always almost finish the level and then run out of gas on my way back SMH....all of the nerd's levels made me mad cause they were so annoying and pointless at the same time ....
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    and while I'm thinkin' about it, any boss level on a Sonic game on Genesis where you start the level and there's no rings at all on the board. ? would get hit ONE TIME and die on some ? SMH
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hades level in ? of war where you had to cross the rolling bars with spikes.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    gh0st wrote: »

co-sign this,the parts where you had to dance and do the hydraulics took a while too.Not as hard as flight school though.
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Zelda Water temple. Hated it in OTT hated it in Twilight. Hated it in Majoras Mask
  • peagle05
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The Jackal wrote: »
    Zelda Water temple. Hated it in OTT hated it in Twilight. Hated it in Majoras Mask

i got that ? in OOT memorized just cause i had to start it over so many times
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Under Water part of the Ninja Turtle game for Nes.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    One shot, One ? and Mile High Club on veteran.

No COD levels can be considered difficult, unless you talking World at War last level on veteran
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    hmmmm.....tis thread is two pages deep and no one has mentioned Ninja Gaiden for nintendo?... how do you embed youtube videos?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    No COD levels can be considered difficult, unless you talking World at War last level on veteran

lol that ? is damn near impossible I heard. fighting a real war is easier.
  • renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lol that ? is damn near impossible I heard. fighting a real war is easier.

all i gotta say is the amount of grenades being thrown at u was ridiculous smh im talkin when you first start you would have like 7 ? grenades already there.....not to mention the infinite enimies(they keep respawnin if u take too long)
  • unspoken_respect
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Any one here beat Ninja Gaiden? I hate that game.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    all i gotta say is the amount of grenades being thrown at u was ridiculous smh im talkin when you first start you would have like 7 ? grenades already there.....not to mention the infinite enimies(they keep respawnin if u take too long)

lol I actually beat it somehow but I wouldn't use difficult to describe that ? , ? spawn with a grenade indicator in every direction and ? drop you in 1 shot if you run to cover
  • Mr Popo
    Mr Popo Members Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Man that Ninja Turtles game was hard as hell. At leas one of the top 5 hardest games I ever played. I think I got passt athat underwater stage but the next stage I don't think I could get pass. Has anyone beat that game
  • unspoken_respect
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Mr Popo wrote: »
    Man that Ninja Turtles game was hard as hell. At leas one of the top 5 hardest games I ever played. I think I got passt athat underwater stage but the next stage I don't think I could get pass. Has anyone beat that game

I couldn't beat that under water part to save my life.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Bionic Commando Rearmed - Albatross - just getting to the boss was long and hard as ? , then the boss was hard as ? . Thought the devil made this game.

This section of the level requires mad precision, you mess up once then you either die or you fall down lower and the enemies respawn so you gotta do that ? all over again
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Bionic Commando Rearmed - Albatross - just getting to the boss was long and hard as ? , then the boss was hard as ? . Thought the devil made this game.

This section of the level requires mad precision, you mess up once then you either die or you fall down lower and the enemies respawn so you gotta do that ? all over again

Never played Rearmed, but the original game this was based on on the NES was harder than ? too so I can see why this ? would be....

I liked going to the neutral zones and popping off shots. 350 ? would parachute out of nowhere and start blasting on you. You was almost guaranteed to die. Or hacking the communications computers and getting caught. same ? .
  • peagle05
    edited March 2010
    Options

hell yeah i forgot about that ? , took me an hour to get through that whole level
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i could never beat the first TMNT game for nes, that ? was a ? . and battletoads... two words. ? and YOU. fighting games, street fighter, king of fighters, etc i like to ramp up the difficulty all the way from the beginning cause it makes you a better player in the long road, but games like ? of war, ill play on normal then replay on the higher difficulties to get all the bonus ? .
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Any one here beat Ninja Gaiden? I hate that game.

i beat all three of the nes ninja gaidens when i was a kid. can i do it now, probably not. blame it on the chronic.