Do Rap sales reflect the Insecurity of White Men?

Options
H-Rap 180
H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in The Reason
In no other genre do white consumers consume music were there is so much boasting, violence and sense of one-up-manship. Rappers feel the need to put themselves above others. Bragging about girls and drugs.

What are the whites trying to prove by supporting this in such large numbers??

Comments

• dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...good rebuttal to that other wack ass thread
  • Triggy
    Triggy Confirm Email Posts: 137
    edited May 2011
    Options
    yes, they want to stand out from their buddys at their fathers annual bridge club meet and say things like ' come on dude, this is real hiphop you aint down ' ' i've always been a rebel ' etc ........... thats why they where scared to bump eminem till around 2001 because of their hiphop pass card been in jeopardy.
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Sales reflect the Greed of white corporate america which is already insecure because the economy is collapsing...So Soon Glitz and Glamour won't mean ? except only to the elite who can maintain that lavish lifestyle...Thats why ? sell their souls for the paper

The poor gravitated towards the glitter because they tired of being in the grime

And I still ask...

Does heavy metal musick reflect the sickness of the white male?
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yes.

Classic case of rebelling without a cause.

Right now theres somebody saying ? you mom and playing angry rap music while furiously crying into bed bath and beyond pillows.
  • H-Rap 180
    edited May 2011
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean seriously, they are the #1 consumers of rap-music so whatever the content or subject matter is it must appeal to them for some reason.

You won't go to a Rock concert and see all Black faces but whites love to brag how rap concerts can have all white faces.......

It must be an insecurity thing.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    record sales are inflated
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Whites been hopping on the band wagon since the beginning of time...

? ain't new...Whites been jocking other ppl's cultures ever since they been on the planet...They hate to love you
  • bootcheese3000
    bootcheese3000 Members Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my sentiments exactly.
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Damn y'all literally drive salt trucks for a living?
  • H-Rap 180
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Monizzle wrote: »
    because some crackas are insecure so if something doesn't "resonate in the headphones" its all of a suddent wack. If something doesn't go extra cerebral with the complexity or Emo talk then some men say its "boring." People define the masculinity by the music they playing and how agressive it is. When if you a real man you know the music you listen to doesnt define your masculinity. Allot of rap music shows over masculinity to over compensate for the imaturity and lack of real masculinity some crackas have.

Okay if you say so.....
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    this thread>>>>>>
  • H-Rap 180
    edited May 2011
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    I think rap sales reflects the insecurity of white people in general. White Men aren't the only one who can be color-struck (viewing tanned white women as being better looking than pale skinned black women). Some white women (Trailer-trash ones mostly) also feel this and you can heart it in the music. If you listen to Southern Country, at least the stuff I hear around Sweedan, the subject of most romantic/sexual songs are usually Tanned or Sunburned women.

Makes sense I guess....
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yes most of them are. Take away sales and its no way their MESSIAH would ever be mentioned amongst the TRUE hip-hop greats. They know they're the biggest buying demographic in general in this country, and they exploit that when determining what's good and what's bad in hip-hop based off sales and pandering to their ppl. The sales argument as well as MILLIONS of white hip-hop fans will no longer cease to exist once Marshall retires........
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    These race topics has no relevance in today's Music.
  • H-Rap 180
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lol @ crackas avoiding this thread

Nott all of them.
    Yes most of them are. Take away sales and its no way their MESSIAH would ever be mentioned amongst the TRUE hip-hop greats. They know they're the biggest buying demographic in general in this country, and they exploit that when determining what's good and what's bad in hip-hop based off sales and pandering to their ppl. The sales argument as well as MILLIONS of white hip-hop fans will no longer cease to exist once Marshall retires........

Kinda sad...but it may explain why Wiz Khalifa, and Lupe Fiasco did decent numbers but none of us like the music they dropped.

Their sales-support dictates the type of music that is pushed in the mainstream so thats why the radio sounds the way it does.
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited May 2011
    Options
    imILL wrote: »
    These race topics has no reledvance in today'ns Music.[/QUOTaE]

tell that to the tea party...............
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Kinda sad...but it may explain why Wiz Khalifa, and Lupe Fiasco did decent numbers but none of us like the music they dropped.

Their sales-support dictates the type of music that is pushed in the mainstream so thats why the radio sounds the way it does.

I mean lets keep it funky, the quality of rap music began its downhill descent once we started targeting our music towards white ppl.
  • bootcheese3000
    bootcheese3000 Members Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    I mean seriously, they are the #1 consumers of rap-music so whatever the content or subject matter is it must appeal to them for some reason.

You won't go to a Rock concert and see all Black faces but whites love to brag how rap concerts can have all white faces.......

It must be an insecurity thing.

that's why i don't go to hip-hop concerts anymore, they resemble a ? ' ? /skinhead rally. every year they seem to remove themselves more and more from the people who started the genre--blacks, latinos and the few poor whites that were down since day 1. i'm tired of seeing yuppie white trash just overrun the genre we all know and love by only promoting outside the 'hoods and barrios and only in their neighborhoods and hangout spots (not to mention selling tickets in these regions) and making sure the patrons are just like them. then you got the ethnic flunkies following them around like pathetic sidekicks trying to be like them. that's why they HATED it when they saw me in the spot, it was a reminder that NOT ALL BLACK PEOPLE EXCLUSIVELY LISTEN TO OR ONLY LISTEN TO GANGSTA RAP, which is the notion that they got in their heads. must also be the reason WHY they don't allow blacks or latinos at hip-hop concerts unless they're "cool", i.e. they got another uptighty whitey muthafucka to vouch for them. hip-hop has become the new jazz in the sense that now when you got certain artists performing on stage they see mostly white people out there at their concerts, something that branford or wynton marsalis was disgusted with back in the day. just look at the roots being the house band for jimmy fallon, you see NOTHING but white people in that audience but sprinkled with a black or brown face here and there. black people only watch jimmy fallon BECAUSE of the roots, they don't care about that corny-ass muthafucka from saturday night live. hell nikkas haven't watched SNL since chris rock left the show, that's when the ? got hella weak. by '95 the show was completely dead because alot of the other funny people bounced. the only black people you see at a hip-hop show is only when a radio station is advertising it and it's always some payola artist with very little to no talent and only kids and women go to see that ? and even THEN there will be white folks in attendance but at least those white folks have no problems with black people or they wouldn't show their faces around there. let's be honest, white amerikkkans only feel comfortable around their own kind, whether it's yuppie white trash hanging out or poor white trash kickin' it in the trailer parks. they don't feel comfortable when they're outnumbered by non-white people. even richard pryor cracked a joke about how he thought it was funny to see white people in afrika getting happy and excited to see other white people and only talking to them.
  • H-Rap 180
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I mean lets keep it funky, the quality of rap music began its downhill descent once we started targeting our music towards white ppl.

Its not called the Music BUSINESS for no reason, these labels dont care about the culture or the music, their job is to make a profit and as much money as possible by selling records.

If you know that 80% of the consumers are white then the smart business move is to make a product that whites will support.

Look at the success that B.O.B. had with his album compared to the success Bun B. had with his.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

These are supposedly FOUR HipHop moguls/CEOs/Legends/Veterans making these poppy tunes. LOL
  • BillDance
    BillDance Members Posts: 1,008
    edited May 2011
    Options
    well hello. whites have ? up hip hop and certain blacks have allowed it. if ya can't beat em join em i guess. shuckin n jivin soulja boys
  • Authentic100
    Authentic100 Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

i blame p diddy for this ? tho
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    they want to be down??
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

These are supposedly FOUR HipHop moguls/CEOs/Legends/Veterans making these poppy tunes. LOL

black people cant do pop music?
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Cain_Marko wrote: »
    I blame Run-DMC and the Fat Boys with there Caucasian friendly songs. They paved the way for sell out artist with songs like "Walk this way" and Wipeout. :-(

they started this trend with aerosmith