freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in IllGaming
or are you cool with home videogaming ?

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i miss the 25-50 cent arcade experience, not the 1.50-2.00 arcade experience. but i live close to a few arcades so i can go back if i REALLY want to play crazy taxi or something.
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yea it seems like arcades are obsolete. Miss playing a game with a crowd around. I only know of one arcade place but people don't come there like that.
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i miss the 25-50 cent arcade experience, not the 1.50-2.00 arcade experience. but i live close to a few arcades so i can go back if i REALLY want to play crazy taxi or something.

fam........ Mortal Kombat 2 was a dollar to play at some arcades and NBA Jam was damn near a fortune for a kid to play.

but asians forced me out the arcade.

i be killin in Super Puzzle Fighter till some lil asian dude humbly walk up and slaughter me in a matter of 30 seconds or so.
    then turns to me and says "good game"

but they mobb on the Dance Dance games tho.
    you would think Michael Jackson came back from the tomb and was performing the way they be crowded around the machine
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    hell yea when i was growing up thats how i got to play all the hot NEO-GEO fighting games cuz the home system was a fortune to own. yea i think the arcade scene got killed off. there are some nickle arcades where i live but havent been to them in a while so i dont know what they got. i miss playin the X-men, TMNT, and The Simpson arcade games. but yea the asians be ? pwning everybody so its hard to play
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I miss takin that treck.. to West End in Elizabeth.. and Spending the whole $5 on Run and Gun.. I loved any game with a gun.. TMNT/Xmen/Simpson.. great times. you cant replace the type of fun you had. going to an arcade
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    hell yeah, when u were putting money in for a single play that made tearing through that game that much better
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Area 51
    Ridge Racer
    Killer Instinct
    MK 1,MK 2,MK 3
    The immortal
    >Pacman

Good times,kids these days are being ROBBED of a lot of good things.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yea I grew up across the street from a arcade, lol Street Fighter 2 had that ? jumping like a club when it first dropped
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i think the reason i dont miss the arcade so much is cuz i actually play ms pacman on a regular basis

wherever im at i gotta find somewhere that got a ms pacman machine
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i remember when marvel vs capcom first came out.........MAN.....IT USED TO JUMP HARDER THAN A CLUB AT 1 IN THE MORNING.....? was takin losses personal.....but yeah...I miss the arcade experiance....it is basically dead now...the only arcade I know of has had the same games for about 7 years.....
  • Mr Popo
    Mr Popo Members Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I was a beast on that MKIII. TMNT was always fun when playing with 4 players...Use to save your allowance to go to the arcade, then for some food afterwards...Our arcade was in the Mall
  • Bcotton5
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i remember when marvel vs capcom first came out.........MAN.....IT USED TO JUMP HARDER THAN A CLUB AT 1 IN THE MORNING.....? was takin losses personal.....but yeah...I miss the arcade experiance....it is basically dead now...the only arcade I know of has had the same games for about 7 years.....

lol cosign ? was like that here when it dropped
  • msuman
    msuman Confirm Email Posts: 450
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Miss when you send ? home cause they dont have any more money to put in the machine.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    msuman wrote: »
    Miss when you send ? home cause they dont have any more money to put in the machine.

this.......
  • ex-soldier
    ex-soldier Members Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I got a couple of ass whoopings for spending my pops change and spending hours in the corner store playing and watching ? play Rush-N-Attack and Double Dragon in the corner store.
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I remember when Street Fighter 2 first came out, and ? was still figuring out how to play, so you would most likely just really know that ONE MOVE. You know that one easy to do ? that ? kept running into. For me it was Ryu or Ken's fireball.

Fights stayed almost breaking out over ? spamming them ? lol
  • Bcotton5
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I remember when Street Fighter 2 first came out, and ? was still figuring out how to play, so you would most likely just really know that ONE MOVE. You know that one easy to do ? that ? kept running into. For me it was Ryu or Ken's fireball.

Fights stayed almost breaking out over ? spamming them ? lol

lol i remember it used to be rules against that ? like you cant throw more than 2 in a row
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'ma tell you what I hated though...playing that one turtling ass dude. That one counterattack-only dude who would rather run the clock out and tick damage his way to a W than just fight. Then when he wins the dude alway had a little ? up ? eating grin on his face.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'ma tell you what I hated though...playing that one turtling ass dude. That one counterattack-only dude who would rather run the clock out and tick damage his way to a W than just fight. Then when he wins the dude alway had a little ? up ? eating grin on his face.

lmao.......I stayed whoopin ? ? in soul caliber like that