What did y'all think of Grindhouse ???

Options
freshb651
freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
I liked Planet Terror and Death Proof was underrated.

Comments

• blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I liked Planet Terror. El Rey was a dope hero and it kinda sucks they killed him off and didn't kinda run with that ? , cause I would have watched 2 or 3 more El Rey ? . Rodriguez did 3 Spykids ? but we couldn't get at least 1 more El Rey ? .

Wasn't a fan of Death Proof though. ? was dumb to me.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I thought Planet Terror was good but Death Proof was garbage.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    quentin tarantino + robert rodriguez =

planet terror.

rose mcgowan with a machine gun as a leg. bruce willis. two hot spanish baby sitters.

death proof.

four hot bishes. fast cars. slow motion death scenes. kurt russell.

also danny trejo as machete. [which is actually coming out this summer]

bad ass.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Pretty much agrees with the general consensus so far. loved planet terror. in fact i still watch it today. but i hated that self-indulgent ? stain called death proof
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    why do people ? on death proof, i liked the dialogue in it and the car chase scenes,that was really Zoe Bell on the hood of the car doing ships mast.She's a stuntwoman in real life.

But I liked the overall throwback approach they took to making movies,it makes the experience fun.Even making the fake trailers which people actually wanna see made into full-lengths,like Machete will be. I wanna see Thanksgiving though.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    grindhouse was cool...i wished they released in the theaters as a double feature...i like death proof too, that movie is slept on
  • sickbizzle
    sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i like em both. the crash in Death Proof was ill, that one scene made the entire movie great.

i'm stoked about Machete this year, movie will be classic. Robert De Niro, Steven Seagal, Danny Trejo, Don Johnson, Cheech Marin, Michelle Rodriguez, Lindsay Lohan confirmed topless, Jessica Alba x2 (she plays twins).