Chris Brown begs fans to "bring him back and save his career"

Options
d.green
d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/thatsreallyweek/65170/mar8-14-pleas-for-help-support-sympathyinnocence/
ar.8-14: Chris Brown Pleads With Fans To Help Revive His Career
Posted Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:34pm PST by Billy Johnson, Jr. in That's Really Week
Sad news is in abundance this week, starting with the former prince of pop Chris Brown. Brown, who has been vying for a way to revitalize his career following his 2009 assault on ex-girlfriend Rihanna, has resorted to desperate measures to stage his comeback.

The 20-year-old singer-dancer, who plead guilty to felony assault and is on probation for five years, recorded an audio message Wednesday on Say Now asking his fans to "bring [him] back." A humbled Brown said he needs his fans' help. "Some radio stations aren't playing my records," he said. "They're not being that supportive and I wouldn't expect them to. But it's on the fans...It's in your power to bring me back."

Brown said he is doing everything he can do. He refers to himself as a "better person" and said he is doing his music for the love, but added that his career is in jeopardy.

"It won't be possible for me to be an artist if I don't have support from people who give me an artist outlet," Brown said. "I can't be an underground mixtape artist."

Brown sounds stressed out. After releasing two previously successful albums, it has got to be tough experiencing such a decline in support for his current album, Graffiti.

I know it's been a year since the incident, he has accepted his sentence, and was previously praised by the judge for following through with his community service, but he needs to relax. It is going to take some time for him to repair his reputation. He needs to be patient. He just re-emerged on Twitter at @ChrisBrown and is keeping it positive so far. He Tweeted about reading to 3rd grade students at a school in Harlem. This feels like a better plan. Releasing a new album just eight months after the altercation was just too soon

Comments

• blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    That ? deaded his own career. Rihanna's 20/20 interview was like the angry fist of ? on his ? , and she was lying through her teeth half the time.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ? outta here Breezy. Graffiti was the worst r&b album of 2009. And I don't give a ? about his personal business. But the music was wack!
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    ? outta here Breezy. Graffiti was the worst r&b album of 2009. And I don't give a ? about his personal business. But the music was wack!

what r u serious????

graffiti >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> untitled/ rated r

2 me i think he is hurting his career more by keep sayin "sorry" and seemin desparate.... if he jus falls back 4 a year.... get a new girl.... and put out some grown and sexy ? his next time around he will be good....
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ? a Chris Brown, stupid little ? . You know your career is dead when you're begging your remaining fans to help support you. He's only making himself look even more pathetic now

And on another note I wish Rihanna would ? off as well
  • damobb2deep
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ? a Chris Brown, stupid little ? . You know your career is dead when you're begging your remaining fans to help support you. He's only making himself look even more pathetic now

And on another note I wish Rihanna would ? off as well

dont get me wrong i ? with chris brown but i also agree with u with the begging ? ...... he is hurtin himself more with that.....

and rhianna i hate her more than i hate beyonce now...... and i hate beyonce ALOT.............
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    He should've did what R. Kelly did and just kept it moving. Acted like the ? never happened, denied it all and hopped on remix after remix after remix until everyone just forgot. MJ denied ? till the death too.

When you apologize and beg is when you ? up. Look at Janet.
  • damobb2deep
    edited March 2010
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    He should've did what R. Kelly did and just kept it moving. Acted like the ? never happened, denied it all and hopped on remix after remix after remix until everyone just forgot. MJ denied ? till the death too.

When you apologize and beg is when you ? up. Look at Janet.

true...................
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Rated R ? all OVER Graffiti. No question.

Chris is flopping because the music is ? . Period. No one wants to listen to wack music.

And it was too soon. Chris needs to go away for two/three years, like completely vanish. Then re-emerge around fall 2011 with a hot club banger.
  • panthro5000
    panthro5000 Members Posts: 169
    edited March 2010
    Options
    problem w this is album is it wasnt good, im a fan but this just isnt a good album
  • damobb2deep
    edited March 2010
    Options
    problem w this is album is it wasnt good, im a fan but this just isnt a good album
    he had like 5 good tracks tho.....
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    he had like 5 good tracks tho.....

Chris stan?
  • damobb2deep
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    Chris stan?

lmao naw i aint a" stan" but dude has grew on me.... i hated dude when i was younger.... but after the song " good bye" he grew on me... * shrugs*
  • Extermination
    Extermination Members Posts: 35
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Chris Brown is being a little ? with all this "please forgive me for my sins" ? when nobody really ? cares anymore.

I also really dislike Rihanna, notice all those new videos like "Hard" where she tries to act all mean and tough? A ? smashed her face in and make her look dumb.

She ain't hard. They produce terrible music as well.
  • wizv.2
    wizv.2 Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    what r u serious????

False

It's almost embarrassing how much better Rated R is compared to Graffiti. After all the bad press, I swore Chris & them would put their best feet forward and drop a fire album to maintain his career. The transformers joint was a good start, but ? went straight downhill from there.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    SMH This ? beats on his girlfriend then has to audacity to ask his fans, which probably are 95% young girls to go support him, this ? is delusional!
  • damobb2deep
    edited March 2010
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    SMH This ? beats on his girlfriend then has to audacity to ask his fans, which probably are 95% young girls to go support him, this ? is delusional!

half of the females DO support him... its the media thats shytin on him....
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    half of the females DO support him... its the media thats shytin on him....

lmao

um

no

thats why he's begging for spins and sales

his personal business aside

the album was garbage, and if he sat his ass down and brought that heat instead an orvilles popcorn bowtie, stuttering and ? on Larry King

he would be straight
  • Mr. R&B
    Mr. R&B Members Posts: 80
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This dude has fans?
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    what r u serious????

2 me i think he is hurting his career more by keep sayin "sorry" and seemin desparate.... if he jus falls back 4 a year.... get a new girl.... and put out some grown and sexy ? his next time around he will be good....

Your ears are ? up. That is all.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i like chris, the whole situation was ? up. both parties are responible for what happened. unfortunatly, chris being the male is gonna get the worst treatment and rihanna gets to continue to being a diva. BTW that damn 20/20 interview made me wanna throw a brick through her big forehaed. ? lyin and ? and actin was crazy. Anyway, his problem is he need to go away for a year, and just get in the studio and make a great as album. just air the situation out in his music. make something classic. he need to be on some usher confessions tyoe ? . put the popcorn music down, make more grown and sexy music and eventually, he will start selling again
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    LOL Chris Brown is over.

He's begging people to request him on the radio cause he's such a ? failure.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yo //
    I know most the ? I exchange pounds with or lounge with //
    Wouldn't be around if my career was spiralling downwards...(Canibus-Hypenitis)

I know Chris didn't think they (some of the fans, fake friends, industry bigwigs, etc.) would support him forever, especially if he were to decide to stop tap dancing to their comands.

Chris should hook up with 9th Wonder, Ayatollah, or Black Milk and do an R&B album.
  • damobb2deep
    edited March 2010
    Options
    apparently...brian michael ? is that dude now..... he put trey songz up on game.... look @ him now....