Spartacus

Options
wizv.2
wizv.2 Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Anyone else following this series?

At first, I didn't want to give it a chance...thinking it's nothing more than a rip off of Gladiator/300/Rome. It was hard to get past all the CGI blood and the matrix/300 style slow mo' fight sequences when I decided to watch the first couple episodes...but now 8 episodes deep, I gotta say that this is probably illest mini series on TV right now. By far my favorite since The Wire.

Comments

• Mr Popo
    Mr Popo Members Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I've seen the first 7 episode...the first couple ones had a little too much going no..but now they have gotten into a nice groove.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    wizv.2 wrote: »
    Anyone else following this series?

At first, I didn't want to give it a chance...thinking it's nothing more than a rip off of Gladiator/300/Rome. It was hard to get past all the CGI blood and the matrix/300 style slow mo' fight sequences when I decided to watch the first couple episodes...but now 8 episodes deep, I gotta say that this is probably illest mini series on TV right now. By far my favorite since The Wire.

This is why I won't watch it, I have it on demand and I just can't watch it
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I rock with this series to tell you the truth. Only thing I can't get past is that it be maaaaaaddddd ? sometimes. There's like a full frontal every episode...but then again I can take a couple seconds of looking away from the screen for about 10 minutes of seeing nothing but breasteses when they in the arena
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ok, there's like two different Spartacus Threads right now

but yea it's getting very good, Episode 8 is no different, been following it since the pilot episode!
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    I rock with this series to tell you the truth. Only thing I can't get past is that it be maaaaaaddddd ? sometimes. There's like a full frontal every episode...but then again I can take a couple seconds of looking away from the screen for about 10 minutes of seeing nothing but breasteses when they in the arena

? gladiators...SMH same reason I stop watching OZ on HBO... Real ni99az never seen broke back mountain
  • Mr Popo
    edited March 2010
    Options

Yeah it does..but I they also show the woman naked too, so I guess it balances it out.
  • wizv.2
    edited March 2010
    Options

True I guess the writers/director had to make up for the amount of female nudity displayed throughout each episode. ? is almost comical at times, the amount of random tittie shots here & there like it's nothing...especially in the arena.

Lucy Lawless (Lucretia) will always be a winner in my book w/ them racks...

...and Naevia might be the finest thing on TV right now..
    Spartacus_1.00_31122009_www.pizquita.com_0026.jpg
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    this show is the ? i wonder if the lil slave chic gonna tell what happened to ? dude and spartacus the black guy with the whip gonna team up and take over the place
  • traestar
    edited March 2010
    Options
    True I guess the writers/director had to make up for the amount of female nudity displayed throughout each episode. ? is almost comical at times, the amount of random tittie shots here & there like it's nothing...especially in the arena.

Lucy Lawless (Lucretia) will always be a winner in my book w/ them racks...

...and Naevia might be the finest thing on TV right now..
    Spartacus_1.00_31122009_www.pizquita.com_0026.jpg

? Naevia is BAAAADDD!!
    Word up!! Crixis knows what he's doing!

And I think I love Lucy Lawless even more with this show!
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    ? Naevia is BAAAADDD!!
    Word up!! Crixis knows what he's doing!

And I think I love Lucy Lawless even more with this show!

yea the slave chic is bad and yall tellign me dude who owns spartacus the chic that plays his wife is the chci from that old hercules show from UPN
  • traestar
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    yea the slave chic is bad and yall tellign me dude who owns spartacus the chic that plays his wife is the chci from that old hercules show from UPN

Xena Warrior Princess

Ya damn skippy!
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    best thing in TV imo

and tonight ep. proved this even more to me.

didn't see that ? coming at all!

good ? !
  • wizv.2
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yo towards the end of this episode caught me off guard...wtf??? LOL. That was some crazy ? . This show is definitely official.
  • a.mann
    edited March 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    This is why I won't watch it, I have it on demand and I just can't watch it

to don't put to much into all that.....this show is brutal

watch it just once...and starting at the 3rd ep
    you gon be hook
  • a.mann
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yo towards the end of this episode caught me off guard...wtf??? LOL. That was some crazy ? . This show is definitely official.

hell yeah!

I thought there was nothing more they could twist and just had to tell a striaghtforward story at this point
    specially after what Batiatus did a couple eps back with homeboy wife another" ? moment"....
    (no I'm not telling what....saving it for the heads still sleeping on this gem)

but last night....GOT DAMN!

The whole time me & my lady were thinkin Spartacus was the one who was gon pull some slick ? .....

nah...they got me on that one.....just great ? writing......
  • Mr Popo
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Man the last episode was crazy and lots of naked women
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Last episode sex scene was waaaaay too long to watch with your parents in the room. It was hilarious though, I knew that ? was coming. Too bad she freaked out and smashed the other blonde girls head to death.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i gotta start watching this.
  • wizv.2
    edited March 2010
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    hell yeah!

I thought there was nothing more they could twist and just had to tell a striaghtforward story at this point
    specially after what Batiatus did a couple eps back with homeboy wife another" ? moment"....
    (no I'm not telling what....saving it for the heads still sleeping on this gem)

but last night....GOT DAMN!

The whole time me & my lady were thinkin Spartacus was the one who was gon pull some slick ? .....

nah...they got me on that one.....just great ? writing......

Yeah the writers are on some other ? ...I trip off the dialogue alone at times...for instance this exchange between Lucretia and her slave...

Lucretia (while questioning the slave chick on why Spartacus didn't smash): "Take off your your dress"

Slave chick strips...

Lucretia: "? , ass, and ? all appear to be without disease or deformity. Which tells me the fault is not in the flesh, but in the ? ."

Slave chick: "Apologies..."

Lucretia: "Return to his cell tonight...and I expect his ? in you, or you will find a sword in its place".

That's some cold ? to say to anyone on any level. Lucretia continues to display why her gangsta is not to be tested...especially after what she pulled off later on.
  • pisset adorable thug
    pisset adorable thug Members Posts: 224
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Its top 5 right now, only because their arent 5 shows worth watching currently.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Its top 5 right now, only because their arent 5 shows worth watching currently.

Ton of good shows out now.

Archer (Season just ended but I could watch that ? everyday :p )
    Family Guy
    Cleveland Show
    House
    Spartacus
    Lost
    Colbert Report
    Jon Stewart
    Blue Mountain State
    Justified
    Human Target
  • pisset adorable thug
    pisset adorable thug Members Posts: 224
    edited March 2010
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    Ton of good shows out now.

Archer (Season just ended but I could watch that ? everyday :p )
    Family Guy
    Cleveland Show
    House
    Spartacus
    Lost
    Colbert Report
    Jon Stewart
    Blue Mountain State
    Justified
    Human Target
    Most of those shows arent even airing new episodes currently,have fallen off, ive never seen, or just plain suck.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    HUH... all of them are airing new episodes...except Archer which just ended last week....
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    That's some cold ? to say to anyone on any level. Lucretia continues to display why her gangsta is not to be tested...especially after what she pulled off later on.

Lucretia and Batiatus are some ? snakes. They are so snakey you almost wanna cheer for them, but deep down you know they are gettin murdered by Spartacus, and they have it coming.
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Where can I watch this online?