Pointless Games

Options
young law
young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in IllGaming
what are some games that advertised one thing but in the games meant nothing???

ex: the first Assassin's Creed
everything was supposed to be about stealth but really you could ? those targets in the sloppiest of ways and be rewarded the same

Heavy Rain: you get damn near identical dialogue and some of the same cutscenes regardless of your actions untill about 3/4 of the game is done

Comments

• vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    SMH@ the hate on the first assassin creed....
  • young law
    edited March 2010
    Options
    SMH@ the hate on the first assassin creed....

man,
    that game was ass. they hyped it up for way too long and then the whole system is pointless and the game itself was boring. collecting flags!!! puh.

that is one of the only times i feel like i was ? out of 63.52

made me wanna wait for every game to drop in price before i fall for the hook,line, & sinker
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    most games based on movies that come out around the same time.
  • young law
    edited March 2010
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    most games based on movies that come out around the same time.

but they have to differ in the game story cuz it would be useless to play the story u jus saw in the movie
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    GTA games, although fun they're super pointless.
  • young law
    edited March 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    GTA games, although fun they're super pointless.

plz elaborate

only one of them i could say fight this discussion was GTA4
    rockstar shoulda jus put money into making a movie cuz that was boring as a videogame
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    dark sector what a waste and ninja blade ? i know theres more out there
  • KingJB2ThaFullest86
    KingJB2ThaFullest86 Members Posts: 388
    edited March 2010
    Options
    am sick of GTA games now, they all tha same ? just a different cover.......
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    young law wrote: »
    man,
    that game was ass. they hyped it up for way too long and then the whole system is pointless and the game itself was boring. collecting flags!!! puh.

that is one of the only times i feel like i was ? out of 63.52

made me wanna wait for every game to drop in price before i fall for the hook,line, & sinker

you trippin dog....the storyline was banging and the gameplay is aight not the best since it's was the first part of series but whoever said that the game is reptitive are silly.....what more do you expect from an assassin in that time age??? seriously that's his job is to ? people lol so to me it wasn't reptitive
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    but they have to differ in the game story cuz it would be useless to play the story u jus saw in the movie

yeah... but they suck. gameplay wise. if your sitting there enjoying fantastic four the game, you are either four years old or ? .
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    plz elaborate

only one of them i could say fight this discussion was GTA4
    rockstar shoulda jus put money into making a movie cuz that was boring as a videogame

Same ? , different character/story line. They are fun, but only for a while. Steal, drive, run from the cops, ? people. It's hasn't even changed up at all..
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    satyrone wrote: »
    dark sector what a waste and ninja blade ? i know theres more out there

Dark Sector was a fun game to me. It was pointless in that the story made no real sense, so playing it to the end to an ending of a nonsense story was kind of a drag, but it was still a cool game, only other thing I hated about it is that you got the coolest powers when the game was over.

Ninja Blade, however, is a questionable piece of software. I mean it's kind of fun for the first 10 minutes, but the fact somebody thought it would be cool to make a game that was 90% quick button press events makes me wonder what the ? they was smoking over there.
  • young law
    edited March 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Same ? , different character/story line. They are fun, but only for a while. Steal, drive, run from the cops, ? people. It's hasn't even changed up at all..

but all the games in the GTA 3 family progressed with more and more things to do in the game that added replay value

then when gta4 starts it has none of it
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Dark Sector was a fun game to me. It was pointless in that the story made no real sense, so playing it to the end to an ending of a nonsense story was kind of a drag, but it was still a cool game, only other thing I hated about it is that you got the coolest powers when the game was over.

Ninja Blade, however, is a questionable piece of software. I mean it's kind of fun for the first 10 minutes, but the fact somebody thought it would be cool to make a game that was 90% quick button press events makes me wonder what the ? they was smoking over there.

hmm Dark sector got kinda boring real quick for me and i hated the fact that when you would pick up an enemy gun you couldnt use it for long how ? dumb. and ninja blade had some promise but it had too many CTE's im suprised it didnt have a CTE to turn the power on to the system, and the ? was had a ? up glitch in at the begining of the game like with in the first 20 mins lame.....of another game that was pointless was Wet a game with nothing but bullet time ? boring.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    For some reason when I read the thread title, I thought of "Crazy Taxi".........lol
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    you trippin dog....the storyline was banging and the gameplay is aight not the best since it's was the first part of series but whoever said that the game is reptitive are silly.....what more do you expect from an assassin in that time age??? seriously that's his job is to ? people lol so to me it wasn't reptitive

I enjoyed Assassins Creed....I went and picked up pt. 2 monday because the price dropped to 30 bucks....(best buy runnin a sale for the week)......but come on dawg....that ? was repetitive as hell