Options

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    whar67 wrote: »
    Bold = Game ... Set ... Match

"In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
    "

Genesis 3:19

Shoot me in the head when human beings turn back to primordial ooze.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'll take a stab at this.

Logic is the product of the mind
    Minds exist in nature
    Logic exist in nature
    So you're saying, "logic exists in nature, because minds exist in nature, and logic is a product of those minds"? This means the logic that exists in nature exists in minds; which does nothing to prove that the logic that exists in nature is separate from the mind.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You find a ? and a Lord ? , when you see ? it really means Elohiym which is ? in plural. Then you have Lord ? which mean Yhovah, which is ? in the singular im assuming, dont quote me on that. Read Genesis and notice that the name chances from ? to Lord ? which if you were reading it in hebrew would change from Elohiym to Yhovah. Why is this? And yes im talking to you Douwanttogo2heaven but of course anyone can give their input.

Well first ? has many names. The personal name of ? in hebrew is YHWH, which we pronounce as Yahweh (Jehovah). Usually when you see LORD in an english translation of the bible, it is YHWH. Elohim in english translations is translated as ? . Elohim is the first name ? uses when He introduces us to His creative power in Genesis 1:1. "In the beginning ? (Elohim) created the heaven and the earth." ? let's anybody who has an ear to hear and a heart to understand, that ? exists in 3 persons. Elohim is plural, which of course means more than one. Did I answer your question my friend?
  • 3rd Eye Vision
    3rd Eye Vision Members Posts: 36
    edited January 2010
    Options
    really? Thats simply absurd. What you mentioned here is part of it.

In Genesis ? says let US make man in OUR likeness and in OUR image.

In Genesis 18 ? appears to Abraham in 3 persons.

So now the trinity is three people? Are you turning ? into a human? And the holy spirit is a person? The truth is Genesis 1:26 indicates that there is someone (or more than one someone) ? is talking to when making man. And btw, the numbers 3, 33, 30, and multiples of those numbers are used throughout much esoteric writings of those times as well as all times of history, as these numbers were considered to have spiritual truth in them seen by Kabbalists. The trinity, was a concept established by the Roman CATHOLIC church, so stop falling for this trick.

Read the Gospel of Thomas, as Jesus tells you what the Holy Spirit really is.
  • whar67
    whar67 Members Posts: 542
    edited January 2010
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    So you're saying, "logic exists in nature, because minds exist in nature, and logic is a product of those minds"? This means the logic that exists in nature exists in minds; which does nothing to prove that the logic that exists in nature is separate from the mind.

You are right. Total failure of comprehension on my part. Somehow I got it in my head your point was that logic does not exist in nature but in the mind. WHich would be false since the mind exists in nature.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So now the trinity is three people? Are you turning ? into a human? And the holy spirit is a person? The truth is Genesis 1:26 indicates that there is someone (or more than one someone) ? is talking to when making man. And btw, the numbers 3, 33, 30, and multiples of those numbers are used throughout much esoteric writings of those times as well as all times of history, as these numbers were considered to have spiritual truth in them seen by Kabbalists. The trinity, was a concept established by the Roman CATHOLIC church, so stop falling for this trick.

Read the Gospel of Thomas, as Jesus tells you what the Holy Spirit really is.

Gospel of Thomas holds no weight, it's not inspired and thus not included in the scriptures.

Also, Jesus tells us in John 16 who the Holy Spirit is. Read it for knowledge and understanding. ? bless.
  • 3rd Eye Vision
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Gospel of Thomas holds no weight, it's not inspired and thus not included in the scriptures.

Also, Jesus tells us in John 16 who the Holy Spirit is. Read it for knowledge and understanding. ? bless.

Another zealot that doesn't even understand his own religion. Let me tell you a few things....

1. The synoptic gospels + John can't be divinely inspired either then. If they were, they would all tell the same story (with the same details).

2. Thomas was known as the Twin brother of Jesus, and while I don't think that means blood related, it means they were prett close.

3. You play right in the hands of the Roman Catholic Church by not taking into account works like The Gospel of Thomas, as you are only eating what they spoon fed you.

4. John 16 holds no more merit to me than the Gospel of Thomas does.

5. The writers of John, Mark, Matthew, and Luke are unknown and none of these writings are ascribed to the afore mentioned names.

I have a feeling I am wasting my time though, you are already lost.
  • whar67
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Biblical scholars, most of them christians, attribute the multiple names of ? to the unification of Judeah and Israel. Each had a separate genesis story that was merged together to make the current book of Genesis. This explains the slightly differnet versions of creation that appear in these books.
  • 3rd Eye Vision
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Gospel of John doesn't tell us much about the Holy Spirit. You told me to read John 16, all I could find that might resemble it is this...

John 16:13 "When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own, but will speak whatever he hears, and he will declare to you the things that are to come"

Spirit of Truth=Holy Spirit? Maybe, but a maybe is as far as you'll get.
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Man, Thats deep... Scientology?
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options

I'm sorry but you weren't around when it was written nor around when the books were voted on so I don't see how you can make any call and make it fact...
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    OK first dude the Council of Nicea didn't give us the bible. The bible had been around long before that time. You can look up the Moritorian fragment which was a biblical cannon and it dates to 170AD. Second the council of nicea was to hear a man called ? on his doctrine that Jesus was not divine. They said he was wrong and that was about it. You need to get off the Dan Brown and actually read a book. And so what if the bible has been translated many times? There are still greek and hebrew copies in existance today. So what is your point? All of the 47,000 copies in existance today are the same as the bible we have today. Again read a book and get off the Dan Brown and Zietgiest.

No all the copies are not the same many have different books and the translations aren't the same, Begotten isn't even the word that was suppose to be used in referencing Yeshua and his sacrafice, the word is supposed to be unique.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Another zealot that doesn't even understand his own religion. Let me tell you a few things....

1. The synoptic gospels + John can't be divinely inspired either then. If they were, they would all tell the same story (with the same details).

2. Thomas was known as the Twin brother of Jesus, and while I don't think that means blood related, it means they were prett close.

3. You play right in the hands of the Roman Catholic Church by not taking into account works like The Gospel of Thomas, as you are only eating what they spoon fed you.

4. John 16 holds no more merit to me than the Gospel of Thomas does.

5. The writers of John, Mark, Matthew, and Luke are unknown and none of these writings are ascribed to the afore mentioned names.

I have a feeling I am wasting my time though, you are already lost.

Thanks for the lesson. I believe ? though.

"All scripture is given by inspiration of ? , and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"
    2 Timothy 3:16

Now if you knew anything about context, in regards to the audience that each of the gospel writers were writing to, you would understand why they all tell the same story in different ways. All 4 gospels are all about Jesus Christ no matter which way you slice it. So miss me with your non-sense. "let ? be true, but every man a liar" Romans 3:4
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Biblical scholars, most of them christians, attribute the multiple names of ? to the unification of Judeah and Israel. Each had a separate genesis story that was merged together to make the current book of Genesis. This explains the slightly differnet versions of creation that appear in these books.

There is no different versions of creation Whar. Genesis 1 talks about all of creation. Genesis 2 talks about the specifics of creation, the creation of man and woman. Thanks for trying though. When are you going to repent and believe the gospel?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Gospel of John doesn't tell us much about the Holy Spirit. You told me to read John 16, all I could find that might resemble it is this...

John 16:13 "When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own, but will speak whatever he hears, and he will declare to you the things that are to come"

Spirit of Truth=Holy Spirit? Maybe, but a maybe is as far as you'll get.

Ok my brother, im here to help you with your understanding. I pray that the Holy Spirit will teach you and lead you into all truth. Below I have underlined and highlighted in red each reference that Jesus Christ makes to the Holy Spirit. Notice how Jesus Christ, the Son of ? , talks about the Holy Spirit as being a Person. The Holy Spirit makes up 1/3 of the triune ? head. The Father and the Son make up the other 2/3. Each are fully ? and fully equal. 1x1x1=1

"7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. 12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you."
  • whar67
    edited January 2010
    Options
    There is no different versions of creation Whar. Genesis 1 talks about all of creation. Genesis 2 talks about the specifics of creation, the creation of man and woman. Thanks for trying though. When are you going to repent and believe the gospel?

Well in Genesis 1 ? makes the animals then man. In genesis 2 ? makes man then the animals. I know no amount of simple reading comprenhension will allow you to admit this but it is simple and clear to any one that wants to takes a few minutes.

Gen 1:25-27 to 2 Gen 18-19 for the specific differences
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    I'm sorry but you weren't around when it was written nor around when the books were voted on so I don't see how you can make any call and make it fact...

? said it and I believe it.

"All scripture is given by inspiration of ? , and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" 2 Timothy 3:16

? closed the cannon of scripture with 66 divinely inspired books that were written by 40 Holy Ghost filled authors.

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of ? spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."
    2 Peter 1:20-21
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well in Genesis 1 ? makes the animals then man. In genesis 2 ? makes man then the animals. I know no amount of simple reading comprenhension will allow you to admit this but it is simple and clear to any one that wants to takes a few minutes.

Gen 1:25-27 to 2 Gen 18-19 for the specific differences

Whar are you seriously trying to play this game? Spiritual understanding is needed to comprehend the word of ? . Genesis 2:19 refers back to the animals that were created in Genesis 1:20 that were brought before Adam to be named. Again Genesis 1 tells about the creation of the whole universe and Genesis 2 breaks down the specifics. You need Jesus my brother. You can not understand the simplicity of the Bible if your looking at it from an unregenerate state.
  • whar67
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Whar are you seriously trying to play this game? Spiritual understanding is needed to comprehend the word of ? . Genesis 2:19 refers back to the animals that were created in Genesis 1:20 that were brought before Adam to be named. Again Genesis 1 tells about the creation of the whole universe and Genesis 2 breaks down the specifics. You need Jesus my brother. You can not understand the simplicity of the Bible if your looking at it from an unregenerate state.

I need to accept Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and saviour and then read the bible to understand it?
  • 3rd Eye Vision
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ok my brother, im here to help you with your understanding. I pray that the Holy Spirit will teach you and lead you into all truth. Below I have underlined and highlighted in red each reference that Jesus Christ makes to the Holy Spirit. Notice how Jesus Christ, the Son of ? , talks about the Holy Spirit as being a Person. The Holy Spirit makes up 1/3 of the triune ? head. The Father and the Son make up the other 2/3. Each are fully ? and fully equal. 1x1x1=1

"7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. 12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you."

That's all fine and dandy, but unlike the Gospel of Thomas, where Jesus actually says the words "The Holy Spirit" we are playing a cat and mouse game here. For all we know, the spirit of truth aka the comforter aka the whatever is nothing more than an elevated mindstate. That actually makes more sense than the way YOU are interpreting that passage.
  • 3rd Eye Vision
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ? said it and I believe it.

"All scripture is given by inspiration of ? , and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" 2 Timothy 3:16

? closed the cannon of scripture with 66 divinely inspired books that were written by 40 Holy Ghost filled authors.

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of ? spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."
    2 Peter 1:20-21

Peter sand Timothy weren't written by Paul, so what's your point? These later disciples of Paul had their own agenda. If I need to explain why to you, then please ask and I shall.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I need to accept Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and saviour and then read the bible to understand it?

No. You need to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour for the salvation of your soul. You then read the Bible to know who ? is, deepen your relationship with Him, and grow in faith. With The Holy Spirit being your helper along the way.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That's all fine and dandy, but unlike the Gospel of Thomas, where Jesus actually says the words "The Holy Spirit" we are playing a cat and mouse game here. For all we know, the spirit of truth aka the comforter aka the whatever is nothing more than an elevated mindstate. That actually makes more sense than the way YOU are interpreting that passage.

Cat and mouse? Are you serious? You can't be. Be for we go any further, can you tell me what Pentecost is and what happend?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Peter sand Timothy weren't written by Paul, so what's your point? These later disciples of Paul had their own agenda. If I need to explain why to you, then please ask and I shall.

The pastoral epistles were written by Paul. Sorry
  • whar67
    edited January 2010
    Options
    No. You need to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour for the salvation of your soul. You then read the Bible to know who ? is, deepen your relationship with Him, and grow in faith. With The Holy Spirit being your helper along the way.

So the Holy Spirit will improve my reading comprehension not Jesus. Jesus is my Lord but I have relationship with ? . Got it! :)